The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2021, 02:22 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Time to put your money where your mouth is.
I've been doing that since I picked up the Raph micro ten years ago. Look how far it's got me.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:48 PM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
You've said this several times now but how about actually providing a source or some evidence or some links maybe, to back up this claim.

Tom Waltz gave us screenshots showing that orders numbers were good and I linked to information that confirmed that IDW turned a healthy profit in Q2 2021.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.
Wait....I thought sales were tanking? When was this posted?

I picked up TMNT with issue #1. I was not thrilled with the first arc of the run #101-#105. I thought it would just be a few issues of ambiguous mutants playing punk music and tending a soup kitchen, but the bad arc keeps stretching and now we are 20 issues in. I quit with #117, an original reader. I have no alternative comic. Sure, there is The Last Ronin, and its okay, but its okay because this run is so bad and its the fact that The Last Ronin is taking up other talents time that it is negatively effecting the book/version I am invested in. We can only tolerate so much. The stretching of this arc is pure torture.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:04 PM   #23
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Tom posted I think in May and showed the order numbers for the following couple of months which were about 19,000 each, my post was around early July but I'm not sure which threads exactly but they were both in either solicitation threads or preview/review threads.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:19 PM   #24
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I've been doing that since I picked up the Raph micro ten years ago. Look how far it's got me.
Well that's a non-response if ever I saw one. You can keep complaining all you like but the numbers don't lie and the current story arcs are here to stay at least for the time being and probably until #150 now (that'll be around February 2024 to save you working it out).
Old 08-29-2021, 06:16 PM   #25
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Wait....I thought sales were tanking?
They are. Fudging the numbers is a time-honored tradition.

Quote:
Well that's a non-response if ever I saw one. You can keep complaining all you like but the numbers don't lie and the current story arcs are here to stay at least for the time being and probably until #150 now (that'll be around February 2024 to save you working it out).
You should be flattered right now, I save all my best non-responses for people just like you.

Speaking of money, the smart kind says this comic won't be around anymore on February 2024.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:33 PM   #26
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They are. Fudging the numbers is a time-honored tradition.

You should be flattered right now, I save all my best non-responses for people just like you.

Speaking of money, the smart kind says this comic won't be around anymore on February 2024.
Again I dare you provide any kind of proof to back up your assertions. I'll be waiting and until then I continue to believe that you're making up your own narrative like the loyal trump-ette that you are.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:50 PM   #27
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Again I dare you provide any kind of proof to back up your assertions. I'll be waiting and until then I continue to believe that you're making up your own narrative like the loyal trump-ette that you are.
Its not like loyal demRATS are known for their honesty either.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:02 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:

You "dare" me? What are you, six? (Is there an empty bottle lying on the floor between us I'm unaware of? 'Cause yuck.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Its not like loyal demRATS are known for their honesty either.
Post-#100 is this comic's Afghanistan.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:11 PM   #29
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:

You "dare" me? What are you, six? (Is there an empty bottle lying on the floor between us I'm unaware of? 'Cause yuck.)

Post 100 is America's dementia ridden resident of the WH. A total fvcking disaster but MSM & braindead zombies keep clapping like its the greatest thing since sliced bread.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:12 PM   #30
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I've repeatedly asked you to provide links to other places that voice a negative view of the current run and every time you fail to provide anything that backs up your arguments.
Either grow some balls and give links to these other sites that 'hate the current run' or step off the soap box because you're embarrassing yourself.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #31
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Post 100 is America's dementia ridden resident of the WH. A total fvcking disaster but MSM & braindead zombies keep clapping like its the greatest thing since sliced bread.
And it's only just begun, just like how we're (apparently) not even halfway through Campbell's dumpster fire of a run. Oy...

Quote:
I've repeatedly asked you to provide links to other places that voice a negative view of the current run and every time you fail to provide anything that backs up your arguments.
Either grow some balls and give links to these other sites that 'hate the current run' or step off the soap box because you're embarrassing yourself.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go home to mommy.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:28 PM   #32
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And it's only just begun, just like how we're (apparently) not even halfway through Campbell's dumpster fire of a run. Oy...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go home to mommy.
Well that appears to be proof enough that your assertions are entirely fictional.

Here's looking forward to the next two and a half years of the Campbell era, I'm sure your tears will be nice and salty.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:32 PM   #33
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Well that appears to be proof enough that your assertions are entirely fictional.

Here's looking forward to the next two and a half years of the Campbell era, I'm sure your tears will be nice and salty.
You're a very angry, intolerant and delusional young man. I feel sorry for you.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:36 PM   #34
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You're a very angry, intolerant and delusional young man. I feel sorry for you.
Yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night in your little fantasy world.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:40 PM   #35
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
(...) little fantasy world.
I don't have a Twitter account, sorry.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:50 PM   #36
hypered1
Mad Scientist

That doesn't even make sense and I don't have a Twitter account myself
Old 08-30-2021, 03:05 AM   #37
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

I swear there was a post on this forum sometime ago (maybe some months ago) where it showed the sales are dropping like crazy.
Don't ask me to find it because i won't search for it, but its there somewhere in a preview topic of the currently awful run.
Besides i doubt the comic is doing better than pre-100 anyway, the numbers may still be okay at best but it definitely dropped after issue 100.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:44 AM   #38
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
I swear there was a post on this forum sometime ago (maybe some months ago) where it showed the sales are dropping like crazy.
Don't ask me to find it because i won't search for it, but its there somewhere in a preview topic of the currently awful run.
Besides i doubt the comic is doing better than pre-100 anyway, the numbers may still be okay at best but it definitely dropped after issue 100.
There were a couple of posts showing the pre-pandemic numbers but they all cut off around #104-ish. Tom's post from Earlier this year were for the numbers of #117/118 and were around 19,000.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:07 PM   #39
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
There were a couple of posts showing the pre-pandemic numbers but they all cut off around #104-ish. Tom's post from Earlier this year were for the numbers of #117/118 and were around 19,000.
That seems inflated even accounting digital sales.

I was thinking the last known sales were #110 which was around 16k in the Thinking Critical video. I was hoping further issues had an ideal sales number.

We should be celebrating a decade and the longest running TMNT version, but instead it passes by and I dismissed it with no signs of The Armageddon Game.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #40
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Are they seriously gonna stretch this garbage storyline for another year or so? Did IDW just get tired of the Turtles and stopped giving a **** if the book will live or die now that the Turtle stuff died down?

For better of for worse, this comic started a month or so before the 2012 cartoon kicked off and endured both Bay movies, the entire run of the 2021 show and Rise. Now the only really 'turtlemania' type things left are just that retro TMNT game on the horizon and I guess their inclusion in that Nickcrossover game.

It almost feels like now that the Nick TMNT wave washed out, they could care less if the comic lives or dies anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote