The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
Unless the answer spoils another story...
That is what
Spoiler:
spoilers
are for! Odyssey is just a fan project not canon so while its folded into the TMNT multi-verse for some unless Murphy says any of Null,Slash, and Malinga survived than they are still dead to me. Thats just IMHO.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That is what
Spoiler:
spoilers
are for! Odyssey is just a fan project not canon so while its folded into the TMNT multi-verse for some unless Murphy says any of Null,Slash, and Malinga survived than they are still dead to me. Thats just IMHO.
For the last time, Null never died in Archie!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #43
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
For the last time, Null never died in Archie!
Seriously, where does one get the idea that he died? I can let Maligna and Slash be considered "dead off panel" but I thought Null escaped. It makes me want to double check.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Burned to toast?
Vaporized to milkshake?
Or... escaped to Dimension X?
Until we know, none of us can sleep safely in our beds... er, shells!
rofl.... I see what you did there.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yes, Null never died. It wasn't even implied. Maligna's hive ship was moments from crashing into the sun and Null visibly flew away, while Slash and Maligna were left aboard to presumably burn up in the sun.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is how all the villains ended:

- Malinga/Scul/Bean burned up in the sun

- Slash crashed into the sun with them

- Chein Khan was most likely killed by the Demon Noi Toi Daar for failing him. He was physically grabbed to the demon world.

- Krang was left on the Toxic waste world all abandoned.

- Verminator X was shot and then reprogrammed by Donatello to stop being evil.

- Armaggon was trapped in Dimensional limbo.

- Shredder loses his mind at the end of Year of the Turtle.

Null is the only villain who is on the loose.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is how all the villains ended:

- Malinga/Scul/Bean burned up in the sun

- Slash crashed into the sun with them
It's worth mentioning you don't actually see the hive ship entering the sun, or the bodies burning... just sayin'.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #48
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's worth mentioning you don't actually see the hive ship entering the sun, or the bodies burning... just sayin'.
Perhaps the ship phased through a conveniently placed "plot hole" before it was incinerated by the sun?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #49
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Perhaps the ship phased through a conveniently placed "plot hole" before it was incinerated by the sun?
Its easier not to make the mind go crazy with comic book loopholes. That was why I wrote the three characters off as "dead" as a kid and to this day when rereading them ever x years. You know if The Murph wanted to, if the series went beyond Forever War, the ship could have been spared by a black hole that was opened up by Sarnath perhaps with the knowledge that Slash served further purpose and Malinga and Null (escaped,dead,whatever) put in suspension, holding cells or something. Only reason allowed to live was to get to Slash. Hey, it sounds possible to me,but is it something Murphy would go for?Hmmm... while the above might be possible it may have been a cheap way to do it,but I am surprised Future Don didn't try to prepare/warn the Mutanimals for the Gang of Four attac after it was revealed to be unexpected.

Kudos on the laugh and reference to TMNT:The Arcade Game!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 01-10-2013 at 05:57 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #50
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its easier not to make the mind go crazy with comic book loopholes. That was why I wrote the three characters off as "dead" as a kid and to this day when rereading them ever x years.
Note of advice: anytime you don't see a death in comic books on panel, or have a corpse to show for it, you can pretty much bet it didn't happen or that it'll be ret-conned. I just re-checked the actual issue and Andrew and 'Cubed are right. Null escaped ON PANEL. That means NOT DEAD. As far as Slash and Maligna go, there's plenty to work with seeing that there were so many plot options to use in an effort to save either or both characters. I could have written those characters off as dead as well, but the ambiguous circumstance of there not being an on panel final breath for either character left me thinking that Murphy might have written it that way to have the option to come back to them later.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Malinga and Slash were pretty much intended to be dead though. Murphy never had any plans for them after that.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #52
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
And, knowing who Null is straight from Murphy, there never, ever would have been an origin for him. In fact, I'm not even sure that'd be possible.

Nope. He lived. He shows up in "Odyssey"...
Please tell me you'll reveal Null's true identity in Odyssey, that's all I ask (well, that and not have any really important characters permanently die or anything that would mess with future stories of the multiverse and such).
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #53
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It sounds like such a childish excuse of why someone didn't do their HW, the only things that he has going for him is that it's such a lame excuse that it seems too pathetic for it to not be true. I mean he's a grown man who doesn't owe the story to anyone, it's basically out of his hands so if he's really that fed up with it why not just say he isn't going to do it.

Funny, I remember when I first joined the forums in early 2005 one of my first threads was asking about the archie series and I was told it was the best time to get into the series because the Forever War had recently been delayed and was just going to come out. ha! Since then I've read plenty of "it's happening" and "this time it's done forever and not ever happening". Even if it came out it is nothing of what they intended to do in the early 90s and it's never going to live up to expectations similar to Duke Nukem Forever (haha bad idea for a title). You know I still think it's going to eventually come out one way or another, since I never grew up with Archie I can deal with the wait of whenever that may be.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #54
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Please tell me you'll reveal Null's true identity in Odyssey, that's all I ask (well, that and not have any really important characters permanently die or anything that would mess with future stories of the multiverse and such).
Honestly, the "true identity" isn't near as interesting or exciting as you think it would be. It's one of those "symbolic" deals as opposed to continuity-based plot points.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Honestly, the "true identity" isn't near as interesting or exciting as you think it would be. It's one of those "symbolic" deals as opposed to continuity-based plot points.
I always assumed Null was the devil. Its pretty blatantly apparent.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #56
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Please tell me you'll reveal Null's true identity in Odyssey, that's all I ask
Quote:
^This. If you remember the 5th Turtle blog it was pretty apparent if you didn't already know, and if you keep up with Murph's current blogstrip you'll realize who/what Null allegorically represented.

Last edited by Venom; 01-10-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Quote:
Null's story arc comes full circle in "Odyssey." As for his identity... I may give a couple more clues, but as for actually getting into who he is on-panel... it's one of those things that is really best left a mystery. Ask yourself, though, who really killed the Mutanimals? Like, really?

Trust me, unless you're really thinking outside the box, no matter who you're thinking he is, you're wrong.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #58
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Ask yourself, though, who really killed the Mutanimals? Like, really?
Dean Clarrain?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #59
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Dean Clarrain?
Getting warm! You're in the right dimension so welcome outside the box.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

Null is based on all the greedy corporate execs in real life who kill popular TV shows/Movies/comics based on money and greed despite critical acclaim from fans. And he also does damage to the enviorment, making him super-evil!

Tags
archie comics, steve murphy