The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #1981
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,147
I was bored so I did another round of searches for new sets. I may have lucked out. There was a seller on Walmart.com that had the sports training sets listed for $11.50 each from a secondary seller. They showed both the basketball and hockey sets but didn't offer a means of selecting one. And they only had a few available. So I guess I'll find out what they actually are when they arrive.

In the mean time, the Mega Construx website has been updated and now states that the two sports training sets are not available in the United States.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:26 AM   #1982
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I was bored so I did another round of searches for new sets. I may have lucked out. There was a seller on Walmart.com that had the sports training sets listed for $11.50 each from a secondary seller. They showed both the basketball and hockey sets but didn't offer a means of selecting one. And they only had a few available. So I guess I'll find out what they actually are when they arrive.
Was the 3rd party ProMax Commerce? If so, I already tried those listings a few months ago. Ordered 4 hoping for at least 1 of each, got 3 mikey nunchuk training and 1 raph skate training. Had to return them...I had taken screenshots from the Walmart phone app of all their photos and other details and was able to get a full refund but only after prodding a week or two after the return tracking showed delivered. At that time they were being sold for $10 and change each.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #1983
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Was the 3rd party ProMax Commerce? If so, I already tried those listings a few months ago.
No. These were listed through Evers Direct. It's quite possible that they will turn out to be the old sets. But I decided to take a shot on impulse.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #1984
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
No. These were listed through Evers Direct. It's quite possible that they will turn out to be the old sets. But I decided to take a shot on impulse.
Well I certainly do hope they turn out as advertised because that would mean they're real. Let us know! I pretty much follow all leads at this point!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #1985
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Well I certainly do hope they turn out as advertised because that would mean they're real. Let us know! I pretty much follow all leads at this point!

If nothing else, I should have at least one extra if they turn out to be the right ones. (Ideally I want to track down two of each to keep one for the archive and one to open and review.) Since they didn't have a way of selecting the set(s) you wanted, I just ordered all five of what they had. (Yes, I have a problem. ) So if it turns out to be the real thing, I should have at least one extra and you'd be welcome to it.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #1986
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
If nothing else, I should have at least one extra if they turn out to be the right ones. (Ideally I want to track down two of each to keep one for the archive and one to open and review.) Since they didn't have a way of selecting the set(s) you wanted, I just ordered all five of what they had. (Yes, I have a problem. ) So if it turns out to be the real thing, I should have at least one extra and you'd be welcome to it.
Thanks! I'd definitely take you up on that. I try to do the same as you with these (and with Playmates basic figures), one to open and one for the archive. With blind bags I try to get ahold of 3 each - 3rd is for my backup should any accessories get lost or parts damaged or custom ideas come to me.

Fingers crossed.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 AM   #1987
SS Kakarot
Stone Warrior
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 925
Keep us posted, I am also very curious if the sports sets have been made.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #1988
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,147
I don't know if this is new, but it is at least new to me. Mattel now has an eBay store. Included on it are some of the TMNT Mega Bloks and Mega Construx sets and the blind bags. Unfortunately the blind bags show images of series 4,5 and 6 while the description states that they are series 6 and 7 despite 7 not even having been hinted at yet.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #1989
SS Kakarot
Stone Warrior
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I don't know if this is new, but it is at least new to me. Mattel now has an eBay store. Included on it are some of the TMNT Mega Bloks and Mega Construx sets and the blind bags. Unfortunately the blind bags show images of series 4,5 and 6 while the description states that they are series 6 and 7 despite 7 not even having been hinted at yet.
Nice find, too bad it's US shipping only.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #1990
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,147
Amazon now has the Shredder's Throne set available for regular retail ($15)
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #1991
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 694
I have some extra Series 3 blind bags. I'd be willing to trade for series 5 or 6 bags. Or I can sell them if anyone is interested PM me.
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #1992
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Well I certainly do hope they turn out as advertised because that would mean they're real. Let us know! I pretty much follow all leads at this point!
I ended up going 0 for 2. The blind bags from Mattel ended up being series four, the ones I would have the least possible interest in. I guess I'll pull the army builders and then have some Toys for Tots donations. And the Training packs were the original series Nunchuk training and skate training sets. But those I'll just return since they clearly had them misrepresented on the site.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #1993
ColinStein
Foot Soldier
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 130
Oh man... I can't justify $70 on this... but the rarity...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Constr...QAAOSw1QpaER68
__________________
ColinStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #1994
mikey2007
Hench Mutant
 
mikey2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
Oh man... I can't justify $70 on this... but the rarity...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Constr...QAAOSw1QpaER68
They have them for $54.58 on Walmart.com right now. I got mine a while back for like $40 on Walmart.com.
__________________

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #1995
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I ended up going 0 for 2. The blind bags from Mattel ended up being series four, the ones I would have the least possible interest in. I guess I'll pull the army builders and then have some Toys for Tots donations. And the Training packs were the original series Nunchuk training and skate training sets. But those I'll just return since they clearly had them misrepresented on the site.
Dang. Well, you can't win if you don't play. Good idea to donate the extras. Series 4 is still flooding shelves around here, new cases still being put out even.

I just assembled the Shellraiser and Sewer Subway Chase sets over the weekend. It seems like Raph's trike was meant to attach (backward) to the hitch on back of the Shellraiser, but the large rear wheels prevent this from working very well as the hitch is much higher than the socket on the trike and lifts it up off the ground to wobble on its single front wheel. Still they are fun builds and go together well to make a subway scene, with another street level to connect if you want.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:12 PM   #1996
ColinStein
Foot Soldier
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2007 View Post
They have them for $54.58 on Walmart.com right now. I got mine a while back for like $40 on Walmart.com.
No way! Awesome. Thanks for directing me where I should go.
ColinStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:29 PM   #1997
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: as far away from reality as possible
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
Oh man... I can't justify $70 on this... but the rarity...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Constr...QAAOSw1QpaER68
It is a pretty sweet pen though.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #1998
ColinStein
Foot Soldier
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
It is a pretty sweet pen though.
... shut up!

It was a Mega Construx Shellraiser.
__________________
ColinStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #1999
ColinStein
Foot Soldier
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 130
Got the Shredder's Lair set the other day and it wouldn't be a new Mega Construx set without a missing part. I was missing a gauntlet/wrist thing for the gold Shredder. Wouldn't be a big deal if it was a silver Shredder or if the new blind bags were available.

So I emailed asking for a replacement part and since they were bought by Mattel, I was told to call Mattel and get it taken care of. During this call, I also asked if they would be continue and finish their TMNT line even though the Nick show has been cancelled. The lady said she didn't know and are just told when they don't sell something anymore.
__________________
ColinStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #2000
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
Got the Shredder's Lair set the other day and it wouldn't be a new Mega Construx set without a missing part. I was missing a gauntlet/wrist thing for the gold Shredder. Wouldn't be a big deal if it was a silver Shredder or if the new blind bags were available.
The new blind bag gold shredder wouldn't have helped you. It's actually the gold one and the one in the throne set is more of a bronze next to it. Quite noticable difference in tones when both are side by side! But Mega is always great about replacing parts. I still need to pester them about the 4 Xenomorph claws that broke right out of package on the Heroes line...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.