The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #201
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I think what was meant was that people were certainly afraid that this was going to be nothing but, "You remember the 80s Turtles from Turtles Forever? Imagine just them goofing off around incompetent villains for 50-something episodes."
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #202
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I think what was meant was that people were certainly afraid that this was going to be nothing but, "You remember the 80s Turtles from Turtles Forever? Imagine just them goofing off around incompetent villains for 50-something episodes."
Afraid of that certainly, but I don't think most people of sound mind were really expecting that.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #203
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I'm afraid you won't find many people of sound mind around here. Just a bunch of nuts who can't agree on something regarding masked turtles... or pizza toppings... or something.

Kids these days.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #204
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Afraid of that certainly, but I don't think most people of sound mind were really expecting that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB
I was fully braced with teeth clenched for it to be announced that this cartoon would be a loose continuation/soft reboot of all of that old cartoon continuity with Turtle Blimps, Technodrome, lame jokes and all and was mostly OK with that -- after all, why not?
Yeah...those crazy people.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #205
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah...those crazy people.
Like I said: afraid of it but not necessarily expecting it wholesale (though certainly not wanting it) -- but why not, really, at the end of the day?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #206
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Why does this bug you so much? You're the first to say you're not the target demographic, yet you're also the first to rain on everybody's parade when it comes to the Turtles in most media outside the comics.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #207
ooglafina
Hench Mutant

I'm wondering why everybody is so desperate to like all these ideas, like if we direct enough approving energy in the direction of Nick that they'll make a better show or something. If you have an issue, now is the time to bitch and complain. Not six years down the road.

Everybody keeps saying "Wait and see". Wait for what? When the show airs, it'll be too late to correct any mistakes or bad ideas.

I don't think it makes us bad fans to show concern with the direction of the franchise. And with that said, I'll bitch a little more about April.

The idea of her as a teenager: what is the motivation behind this? Because there has to be one. It's a big change. Is it really that hard for younger audiences to relate to grown women? Because that's the first thing that comes to mind.

I'd write more but I have to go to work.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~connienervegas

http://pizzas-scrolls.be/viewuser.php?uid=76

http://www.5wwwww5.com/forum/viewfor...tealthystories
ooglafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #208
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

I hope the Foot shinobi are more competent and threatening than the ones in the CG-animated 2007 movie. The latter were plain ridiculous. Clowns. I don't want a repeat of that.

Another thing, I really wish the CGI humans will look good and not too 'wacky cartoony' if you know what I mean. 2007 April O'Neil's (body) design was just off (not including her head/face which was beautiful). And other irrelevant human side characters (police, random thugs) looked bad.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #209
TobTurn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Sheep. Fish. Kraang. Heh.

Okay, so wait...how is this pronounced? Is the "a" just held longer? Or are there separate "a" sounds that split the word into two?

(If it's the latter I'm mentally imagining Dr Cox saying it...and that's just funny.)
Lol Dr.Cox saying it would be hilarious :p Would be kinda like 'Krrraaaaa-haaaaaang...' or maybe even 'Kraaaaaa-huuuu-waaaaaang....'

Can anoyone describe The Shredder for me?

Last edited by TobTurn; 04-06-2011 at 06:40 AM.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #210
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

How will the Shredder be? will he be human? Can you show us some screenshots of him?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #211
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

I am digging all that I have read thus far here at the drome and on the different blogs.

I like that the turtles really come off as teenagers. (different heights, different builds, crushes/hormones, etc.)

I like the change in Splinter. (It sounds like a total revamp of the character and I like the idea of the strong, over powering father figure who can lead the boys in battle while protecting them from harm if need be.)

The Kraang are cool. I hope these are rogue Utroms and thus require a name change. However, if all Utrom like characters in the show just go by the name The Kraang it will be a cool throw back name change while keeping the same basic character design of old.

April as a teenager is a unique twist. I think she will be the turtles way of having contact with/ living a "normal" teenage life.

Stockman to me sounds like the 2k3 Stockman which doesnt bring anything new to the table but why fix something that isnt broken.

I havent read much on Shredder (unless I am missing it somewhere) other than it sounds like he is a badass.

Overall this show sounds like it is shaping up to be something different, but familiar with new twists and turns to satisfy a broad range of fans. I think if Nick continues to poor the same effort into the show that they have thus far, it is going amazing.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #212
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Everyone is different some will hate the show some will love it we cant please everyone. The thing with April being so young they prob trying to get more girls to watch the show someone young girls can relate to.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #213
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglafina View Post
I'm wondering why everybody is so desperate to like all these ideas, like if we direct enough approving energy in the direction of Nick that they'll make a better show or something. If you have an issue, now is the time to bitch and complain. Not six years down the road.

Everybody keeps saying "Wait and see". Wait for what? When the show airs, it'll be too late to correct any mistakes or bad ideas.

I don't think it makes us bad fans to show concern with the direction of the franchise. And with that said, I'll bitch a little more about April.

The idea of her as a teenager: what is the motivation behind this? Because there has to be one. It's a big change. Is it really that hard for younger audiences to relate to grown women? Because that's the first thing that comes to mind.

I'd write more but I have to go to work.
I definitely agree here. While I am going to wait and see what happens, I do have a gripe about April being a teenager. I think it is a way to appeal to girls, but I agree that girls can relate to grown women as well. Look at April in other incarnations and tell me that girls didn't like her.

I don't think it's bad that fans are giving their opinions now because this is the time to do it, especially since we have some staff who are present on these boards. But I'm still going to wait and see. This is all a work in progress as of now, and things can change. Maybe April will become a woman instead of a teenager. This whole event was so fans could see what's going to happen and give their opinions on it, which they've done.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #214
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

Making April a little young girl is something different and i like to see it! But i also want the original Krang to be in the new show!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #215
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglafina View Post
I'm wondering why everybody is so desperate to like all these ideas, like if we direct enough approving energy in the direction of Nick that they'll make a better show or something.

Did you ever think that, just maybe, I like just about everything I've read so far?

Strange concept, eh?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #216
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Yep, the only thing that still sticks in my craw right now is "The Kraang." I'm still holding out for this to be a rogue group of Utroms. I'm hoping the Vulcan/Romulan idea I had eariler comes to light...but who knows. If they were evil Utes with a leader named Krang (or even Kraang) I'd be happier than the whole Utrom race being evil and named the Kraangs.

EDIT: I wonder how long it'll be before Peter has something up on his blog?

EDIT x2: I posted a comment on Pete's blog. I linked him to Machi's post in the TMNT 2012 news thread. I'd have sent him to Ninja Pizza Rose, but...well....you know.

Last edited by Jester; 04-06-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #217
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
It's ninjutsu.
D'oh!

Toon, my issue with the height differences isn't so much that it's unrealistic, rather that it's generic, typical, and feeding into stereotypes. Donny's the tallest, because people associate being smart or dorky with tall gaukiness for some reason, when this is just a stale stereotype. Go figure Mikey's the shortest, because he's the "youngest" and probably eats the most, and is the laziest, therefore giving more life into that stereotype: the younger, lazy, shorter, video game brother. It's just predictable. I've never seen an incarnation where Leonardo is the tallest, or Raphael the shortest, etc.

Jester, I eagerly await PL's thoughts!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #218
sdp
-

So if teen April is to get female viewers yet fans don't like that I can think of a compromise, we age April but we get Venus deMilo instead! I approve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yep, the only thing that still sticks in my craw right now is "The Kraang." I'm still holding out for this to be a rogue group of Utroms. I'm hoping the Vulcan/Romulan idea I had eariler comes to light...but who knows. If they were evil Utes with a leader named Krang (or even Kraang) I'd be happier than the whole Utrom race being evil and named the Kraangs.
Agree only thing for me as well, but afraid to repeat it, I don't want to get the three turtle facepalm.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #219
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Something that expands the conversation and hasn't been repeated in every other post won't get the "face palm"

Old 04-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #220
Donnie
Something from the Past

"The Kraang" doesn't really bother me. I'm surprised Splinter's change isn't catching more heat, but I guess the consensus with that is "we'll see"?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick