The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #1321
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

Power Rangers Super Megaforce Legendary Megazord Figure

I really like these Retro-Fire styled figures! Glad to add the Pirate Megazord to my collection last night
Old 02-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #1322
Ninjinister
無問題

Since I haven't seen any Winter Soldier line figures around here yet, I bought a few from China for cheaper than they would be in stores + free shipping. As luck would have it, the same seller also had a couple of the Iron Man 2 drones I'd been looking for.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #1323
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Bought yesterday, yay, completed the build a figure!

Pic taken outside because I was waiting on TRU to open after I got these at Target Not Shown: Winter Soldier version of Cap (with changeable head), one of my fav Cap figures EVER, the heads are perfect. Likeness is really good.

Now I await the pre-order window for the Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Legends. Hunting for ML is the most agonizing toy hunt I've experienced. Scalpers are ALL OVER this line, I hate it. I'm gonna just get the next wave online from BBTS.

But yeah I'm really happy with the direction Marvel Legends are going, these recent Spider-Man and Captain America waves have been their best ever.

Build-a-Figure GROOT! Excited.

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-21-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:01 AM   #1324
Vundi
Hench Mutant

This is what 2 days of toy hunting got me (minus Dr. Doom and Magneto, I already had those). 250 bucks well spent. Damn those Power Ranger figures! 4 more to go!

Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:22 AM   #1325
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Hunting for ML is the most agonizing toy hunt I've experienced. Scalpers are ALL OVER this line, I hate it.
I know. I HATE toy scalpers. I refuse to buy from them. After someone on here came through with a Carnage figure for me on Friday, I find one in a Wal-Mart today and after walking around debating on picking up a second one, I went back to get it and in the 5 minutes I was gone someone else already grabbed it. I can only hope it was someone who had been looking as hard for it as I did.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #1326
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist

Sweet scores all! Vundi, that Select Abomination figure is unbelievably heavy... was checking it out yesterday at a local hobby shop and it felt as though it was too heavy for the packaging. It holds up though, just barely. Such great value on the bulky Select figures... picked up Juggernaut myself.

Have to agree, it floors me just how sought-after these new legends figures are... for example, I managed to find a few extra Carnage figures for local buddies of mine that were having bad luck and when I posted a pic of all four on Instagram, some guy tried to tell me off for robbing them from collectors. Oookay no need to get angry about it! I'm no scalper, just tried to help.

With the excitement of the newer figures, I thought now was as good a time as any to go back and collect the older Legends figures that I didn't pick up originally. Very happy to have found Omega Red, Mystique, Daredevil and a few others at decent prices. A decent lot, so I'll post a pic when it arrives.

Also, for you Transformer fans, the Bruticus vs Grimlock set is on sale yesterday and today at TRU, so I picked it up. Much better than paying $100+ for it.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #1327
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Those are some excellent scores. I still haven't seen a Carnage in the wild.

I'm waiting for my eBay scores to show up soon.

DC History DC Direct Plastic Man & DC Direct Villains Deathstroke.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #1328
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
I'm no scalper, just tried to help.
Yeah people should try to keep their emotions in check, it's easy to 'think' someone is scalping when it's not the case.

When the Nick TMNT figs first hit stores, I ran to Target and managed to get an employee to break a case out for me before they hit shelves for the very first time. Got the entire wave. I then took a pic of my haul and posted it here, and since I was still a fairly new member, a few people were like "uhh... are you posting those on ebay?" HECK NO! I'm a fan and I only buy for fun, not profit!

But yes, Scalpers are a huge problem -- anyone who doesn't agree, just look around on ebay at all of these BRAND NEW FIGURES -- nothing all that rare or exclusive about them -- being sold for $40+ each. And it's a LOT of sellers not just a few here and there.

But what frustrates me just as much as scalpers... companies like Hasbro not keeping these figures in stock at their official online stores. It's just painted plastic... they can make as many as they want. If you are getting tons of orders, make more! Why is it so hard for them to do that? mean while there's literally tons of overflowing toys at all my local stores -- much of it by hasbro -- that nobody is buying. Now how does that make any sense? If people want to buy your stuff... make more of what they do, less of what they don't. Not rocket science.

They've been in this business a while now. You can't tell me they don't know how to anticipate demand on adult collector figures especially after the phenomenal success of the movies these are based on.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #1329
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist

Amen to everything Zulithe said.
Hasbro knows full well this is going on... it's the same way with other lines like 'Masterpiece' Transformers. Maybe they think a lower production run will drive up the popularity but really, all it does is create mayhem and encourage the scalping to continue. As he said, they've been in business long enough to know what we want... too bad they make little effort to make it happen. On one hand, producing even more of the figures would lower collector demand... but the majority of us want to open and display these things...

Would love to see more of these figures available at any given time... and less of all the gimmicky lines they create for Batman, Spider-Man and Captain America, most of which winds up on clearance shelves en masse.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #1330
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
Awesome pick up!! That's one area that I've been working on fleshing out as well. Such a fun line!
Absolutely dude. I'll tell you what though, trying to find the original figures MIB is gonna be a REALLY expensive venture! The only ones I ever see on ebay are over $200 a PIECE! It is one of my dreams to have all of them MIB and my BIGGEST dream is an Eternia Playset because I'm a huge MOTU fan as well.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #1331
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Those are some excellent scores. I still haven't seen a Carnage in the wild.

I'm waiting for my eBay scores to show up soon.

DC History DC Direct Plastic Man & DC Direct Villains Deathstroke.
I have a couple of REALLY awesome DC figures. I have a DC Direct Joker Unmasked with him dressed as Alan Moore's Red Hood MIB and I have the Alex Ross Justice Joker MIB and both of them are FANTASTIC figures! The Alex Ross Joker is absolutely phenomenal. Have you seen the new Batman The Animated Series figures? I will be getting them for sure!
Old 02-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #1332
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Yeah people should try to keep their emotions in check, it's easy to 'think' someone is scalping when it's not the case.

When the Nick TMNT figs first hit stores, I ran to Target and managed to get an employee to break a case out for me before they hit shelves for the very first time. Got the entire wave. I then took a pic of my haul and posted it here, and since I was still a fairly new member, a few people were like "uhh... are you posting those on ebay?" HECK NO! I'm a fan and I only buy for fun, not profit!

But yes, Scalpers are a huge problem -- anyone who doesn't agree, just look around on ebay at all of these BRAND NEW FIGURES -- nothing all that rare or exclusive about them -- being sold for $40+ each. And it's a LOT of sellers not just a few here and there.

But what frustrates me just as much as scalpers... companies like Hasbro not keeping these figures in stock at their official online stores. It's just painted plastic... they can make as many as they want. If you are getting tons of orders, make more! Why is it so hard for them to do that? mean while there's literally tons of overflowing toys at all my local stores -- much of it by hasbro -- that nobody is buying. Now how does that make any sense? If people want to buy your stuff... make more of what they do, less of what they don't. Not rocket science.

They've been in this business a while now. You can't tell me they don't know how to anticipate demand on adult collector figures especially after the phenomenal success of the movies these are based on.
It sorta bothers me when I see people price gouging too but ultimately those are ASKING prices only right? I mean do any of those price gouged figures actually sell?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:10 AM   #1333
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
It sorta bothers me when I see people price gouging too but ultimately those are ASKING prices only right? I mean do any of those price gouged figures actually sell?
Yes they do. People get desperate. They want the figures and when scalpers get them before anyone else, people are almost forced to pay what sellers are asking. It sucks.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #1334
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
Yes they do. People get desperate. They want the figures and when scalpers get them before anyone else, people are almost forced to pay what sellers are asking. It sucks.
Dang that is really lame. People jack up vintage toys like crazy on ebay too. There's this one guy that has had a Ghostbusters Firehouse on there for 2 months asking $300 or best offer and there's absolutely NO WAY that it's worth that. It's really irritating considering that most go for $150 and he thinks his must be so much better.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #1335
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Picked this up for $19.98 at TRU today. I've been meaning to get this one, if for nothing else but the Firehouse. I'm not really into this line of Ghostbusters figs but it seems to be growing on me.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #1336
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Picked this up for $19.98 at TRU today. I've been meaning to get this one, if for nothing else but the Firehouse. I'm not really into this line of Ghostbusters figs but it seems to be growing on me.
http://<a href="http://s1148.photobu...FF.jpg</a></a>
Yeah I've not been big on this line either but I LOVE Samhain and he's one of my favorite Real Ghostbusters characters. BTW I hated to hear that Harold Ramis died. I'm sure you feel the same. Have you seen the new Ghostbusters Legos? I don't collect Lego toys but those are still pretty cool.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #1337
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah I've not been big on this line either but I LOVE Samhain and he's one of my favorite Real Ghostbusters characters. BTW I hated to hear that Harold Ramis died. I'm sure you feel the same. Have you seen the new Ghostbusters Legos? I don't collect Lego toys but those are still pretty cool.
Yeah, Ramis will be dearly missed by so many. He was a talented, talented man and gave us all so many great comedies. Such a shame.

I definitely think I could go for most if not all of those Lego sets. I don't normally collect Legos either, but they are quite tempting.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #1338
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, Ramis will be dearly missed by so many. He was a talented, talented man and gave us all so many great comedies. Such a shame.

I definitely think I could go for most if not all of those Lego sets. I don't normally collect Legos either, but they are quite tempting.
You have the Firehouse right? Is it complete? I'm dying to get my hands on one. Would you recommend paying over $150 for it? The problem with trying to get one is people charge a ton to ship it.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #1339
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You have the Firehouse right? Is it complete? I'm dying to get my hands on one. Would you recommend paying over $150 for it? The problem with trying to get one is people charge a ton to ship it.
Are you talking about the original Real Ghostbusters figure line firehouse? If so, no I don't have one. It's on my wish list but I'm really wanting to try and pick that up in person as a great find. If I can't find one soon I'll probably just have to give up and go the ebay route but I'm afraid that unfortunately prices on the vintage stuff will rise as jerks raise their prices to capitalize on this tragedy. I just hope I'm wrong...
Old 02-25-2014, 06:56 AM   #1340
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Are you talking about the original Real Ghostbusters figure line firehouse? If so, no I don't have one. It's on my wish list but I'm really wanting to try and pick that up in person as a great find. If I can't find one soon I'll probably just have to give up and go the ebay route but I'm afraid that unfortunately prices on the vintage stuff will rise as jerks raise their prices to capitalize on this tragedy. I just hope I'm wrong...
You could be exactly right about that price gougers. I also would like to find one in person because the ebay prices are pretty ridiculous when you add in shipping especially. I'm hoping that MAYBE I can find one at Heroescon this year. If not I will just keep building my vintage TMNT collection. At least I will be able to have my original Turtles signed by Kevin Eastman. That's gonna be awesome!