The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-09-2022, 02:26 AM   #601
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Just curious. Are there any post credit scenes in this?
Nope. Watched the credits through to the bitter end, nothing.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:19 AM   #602
Wingnut II
Random Punk

Apparently Rat King was supposed to be the villain for a later season, had they gotten to do it.
Wingnut II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:04 AM   #603
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Nope. Watched the credits through to the bitter end, nothing.
That's good to know. I haven't got around to watch it yet but I always forget to watching through the credits when it comes to TV shows. Also, curious to know if the pacing is as spastic as the series because I don't know if I can take an hour of a half of that style.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #604
Vegita-San
Emperor

well, it was better than the pilot. I'll give it that. It took me three tries to be able to finish that mess.

as far as this one - WTF does April have to say her name just about everytime on screen? Too remind folk that, yeah, this black person is really the red head you grew up with?

- That mystery stuff she stole from the lab. never explained what it was, and never seen again after it was used.

-The Turtles getting mystic powers isn't a bad idea in and of itself. but unlike in 4kids, they didn't earn these powers. they where given them and mikey's ability just sort of 'happened'. no build up, no training.

- how do they have the money to build that huge ass tank?

this thing still has the flaws of the show, but at least it felt watchable.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #605
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
You can literally apply this question to every TMNT cartoon where they have a truck/car/van. It's obvious they salvage junkyard parts and build it together as always.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:38 PM   #606
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
well, it was better than the pilot. I'll give it that. It took me three tries to be able to finish that mess.

as far as this one - WTF does April have to say her name just about everytime on screen? Too remind folk that, yeah, this black person is really the red head you grew up with?

- That mystery stuff she stole from the lab. never explained what it was, and never seen again after it was used.

-The Turtles getting mystic powers isn't a bad idea in and of itself. but unlike in 4kids, they didn't earn these powers. they where given them and mikey's ability just sort of 'happened'. no build up, no training.

this thing still has the flaws of the show, but at least it felt watchable.
Again, it is explained what the stuff she stole was. It was an experimental herbicide, she literally says what it is right before she steals it. I'm not sure why people try to claim it was unexplained, it clearly was.

There is an explanation for what the tank is in the show, not a terribly intelligent one, but there is an explanation.
Spoiler:
It's a prop from an old Sci-Fi show they stole and it may or may not be a legitimate piece of alien technology.

Not exactly rock solid but I'm honestly not sure why the Party Wagon, Turtle Blimp, Shellraiser or any other tacked on vehicles the previous cartoons shoehorned in would be more OK than this thing. Just to be clear, the Turtles should have any bombastic combat vehicles at all, it's just selective to point out that it's stupid here while ignoring that it's in all the other cartoons as well.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:23 PM   #607
Vegita-San
Emperor

tturtle van and blimp where clearly stolen from baxters lab. all the stuff they used to build them was there, so they didn't need money.

In 2K3, they used a warehouse of parts abandoned to build the battle shell.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:32 PM   #608
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
tturtle van and blimp where clearly stolen from baxters lab. all the stuff they used to build them was there, so they didn't need money.

In 2K3, they used a warehouse of parts abandoned to build the battle shell.
That's not really the point, the point is that there is an explanation and it isn't really a particularly worse explanation than what previous cartoons gave us.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:31 PM   #609
Turtle Soup
Thug

This was so much better than I expected it to be.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:35 PM   #610
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Just got done watching both Season 1 and the movie off of Netflix. Unfortunately I didn't know there was a Season 2 before I saw the movie, so I still have to watch that.

But what I saw was really good. The 1st Season had what I was really craving from a 'new' TMNT iteration, which was fun new original mutants, a change up of the original formula, and just as awesome, no cameos or crossovers with Fred Wolf Turtles. If there are homages, they are small and all iterations get them.1st season to me was actually fun, I actually laughed at some of the jokes, and I haven't done that in a long time.

The movie itself was a blast. Wonderful visuals, and quite dark. Something I enjoyed seeing, the dark to balance out the humor, so the movie didn't end up too silly. I hope we get more of this kind of TMNT, because I think it would work well.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:19 PM   #611
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Finally got around to watching and I'm really impressed. Leo was the definitely the MVP of this series and the movie highlights that. His character arc here was great. I like that it wasn't afraid to go darker and this version of Krang was extra creepy. Great use of Casey Jones as well. Not to mention the action was on an epic scale. And of course, it still had a lot of humor but it was much better balanced here.

Leo: "If this isn't the poster shot, someone's getting fired."

I kinda feel bad for the Foot Clan guys though. They have terrible taste in picking leaders. First the Shredder and now the Krang.

Last edited by Poweranimals; 08-09-2022 at 11:26 PM.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:01 AM   #612
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Just got done watching both Season 1 and the movie off of Netflix. Unfortunately I didn't know there was a Season 2 before I saw the movie, so I still have to watch that.

But what I saw was really good. The 1st Season had what I was really craving from a 'new' TMNT iteration, which was fun new original mutants, a change up of the original formula, and just as awesome, no cameos or crossovers with Fred Wolf Turtles. If there are homages, they are small and all iterations get them.1st season to me was actually fun, I actually laughed at some of the jokes, and I haven't done that in a long time.

The movie itself was a blast. Wonderful visuals, and quite dark. Something I enjoyed seeing, the dark to balance out the humor, so the movie didn't end up too silly. I hope we get more of this kind of TMNT, because I think it would work well.
Season 2 has a lot stronger eps than the first, and the 3 part finale is just as good or better than this movie. I definitely recommend the end of Season 2 if you like what you saw.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:13 PM   #613
CyberCubed
Overlord

IGN gave it an 8 out of 10:

https://www.ign.com/articles/rise-of...e-movie-review

Movie is actually well received in most places online.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:14 PM   #614
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Excellent.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:44 PM   #615
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

THAT WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!! The animation, the action, the stakes, it was even darker than the 1990 film. And CASEYYYY!

Only cons to me were Don and Mikey really getting on my nerves with his mcu tension-breaking quips.

Krang was straight up incredible. I loved how his mech was a hollowed out corpse of a creature, you could see it’s jaw move whenever he fought. I really expected them to turn him into a huge joke villain and i’m so glad they didn’t.

I dont understand why so many people here are so hesitant to praise it. The shows dead anyway, what’ll it cost you?

Season 3 most likely won’t happen, but this would be a damn good ending, it was all surprisingly emotional.

If this movie just had a touch more seriousness, it’d have been perfect to me.

I wish Rise would’ve had the chance to go all the way with everything it planned (Rat King in this artstyle? Sign me up!). But if this is how it all ends, i’d be satisfied.

To me, this is the new second best Turtles film. Behind the obvious top spot.
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:49 PM   #616
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Boy View Post

To me, this is the new second best Turtles film. Behind the obvious top spot.
Side note, i REALLY thought Leo was about to ****ing die
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:46 AM   #617
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

I mostly agree with you, except I'd say that with the amount of body horror shown in the film, I'd say it is quite serious, it was like the rise turtles were facing a threat that the 2003 turtles would've dealt with, I kinda liked Mikey and Don's interactions, but their quips aren't for everyone, the Leo scene where it looked like he was about to die was quite shocking but tbh the shocking scene for me was the bit where it looked like Donatello was about to get melted/consumed by the krang.

As for people being hesitant to praise it, I assume it's because rise of tmnt is just not a tmnt iteration that they enjoy, whether it be due to the off-the-wall comedy, the character role changes, the fact it's just so different compared to previous iterations or the glaring bright colour palette, I mean the Fred wolf series had a lot of comical moments too but it wasn't as in your face as rise is,I like how each turtle iteration adjusts the characters a bit but everyone is gonna have their own preferences and opinions on how they like the characters to be portrayed, some like the turtles being fully serious and action-packed, some like them being silly, some like it to be a mix of the two, as for the colours, that's a colour theory/art style preference thing.

that said, I did really enjoy the movie.
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:43 AM   #618
TransPirate
New Recruit

11 cowabungas/10, I will really miss Rise!turtles
TransPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:08 PM   #619
clockstomper
Thug

I thought this movie was fantastic, Rise is always better with longer runtimes for stories and doing new twists on old villains.

As much as I loved the show when we focused on our main cast, I was never really satisfied with 10 minute stories about the new baddies. They are kind of one note and there aren't enough of them to not make the stories feel repetitive.

Nickelodeons' erratic scheduling really worked against those stories, it's like "is this a repeat or is it just another uninspired Meat Sweats story?" I can see how the average viewer could get confused.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 03:23 PM   #620
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Alright I saw it.
I found a reviewer from Sweden, if you're interested.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote