The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 AM   #1
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Why hasn't the earth been conquered by Shredder hundreds of years ago?

The problem with immortal villains (or baddies with long life span) is that they could have destroyed, or conquered, the earth loooong before the protagonists were born.

There were no teenage turtles and rat interfering with his schemes. They were not born yet. Why did Utrom Shredder waited until 2003 to try to conquer the city/planet/universe?

The only explanation I can think of is that Mortu got in his way, but Mortu and the guardians can't be THAT powerful.

Last edited by TurtleFan2012; 03-05-2015 at 03:48 AM.
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:21 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

An army of ninjas in the pre-industrial age ain't gonna take over the world, the same reason why the other Utroms couldn't build the transmat for hundreds of years either. It took hundreds of years to get the right resources.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Ch'rell wasn't interested in conquering the world. He was interested in returning to space to destroy the Utroms. For that, he has to wait for technological advancement to catch up to a point where he can develop space travel and weaponry.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

yeah, Ch'rell gave two ***** about Earth. He wanted off this rock and go home and do some real damage there.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
yeah, Ch'rell gave two ***** about Earth. He wanted off this rock and go home and do some real damage there.
Because Ch'rell was a badass. The End.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
ABrown
Banned

This is a big reason that I had a hard time buying that Oroku Saki was actually Ch'rell. If Ch'rell ambitions were more than to simply be a crime lord, why wouldn't he have attempted such? I could've seen Ch'rell having been, say, Hitler. But Ch'rell didn't seem like he'd be the type to pose as a legitimate businessman. The Oroku Saki persona just didn't seem like a match for Ch'rell.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #7
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's a bit jarring for sure. But, I think Ch'rell wanted to lay low, being a wanted war criminal with mass genocide on his record. Hence why Ch'rell's alter ego had an alter ego as well.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It's a bit jarring for sure. But, I think Ch'rell wanted to lay low, being a wanted war criminal with mass genocide on his record. Hence why Ch'rell's alter ego had an alter ego as well.
The little Ootie had focus. He was willing to work with the Turtles or anyone else to reach his endgame, until the TMNT became his enemies. And we also know he was determined to find and exterminate the other surviving Utroms... he was only one Utrom, so he had to lay low lest his enemies take the fight to him.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #9
mrminister4446
Thug

He got the Tokugawa clan into power in Japan, which ruled Japan until the 1800's. So he could have potentially become emperor of Japan instead of putting them into power. From that point, he'd be able to make an empire by ruling Japan.

If he did that he could have taken big parts of Asia if he is a good strategist, and considering he lives so long, I am sure he'd manage to conquer Asia using Japan, after a bunch of centuries. It would be hard for the turtles to stop him, and he'd have unlimited funds to make rockets when the technology becomes advanced enough. The only question is: Would the utroms be able to know about this? How could they know that Shredder has created an empire on earth?

If the irl japanese empire was so dangerous, imagine if it was ruled by him.
mrminister4446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

He could have developed the technology on Earth, but would probably been considered a demon in Ancient Japan until the mid-19th century.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
mrminister4446
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
He could have developed the technology on Earth, but would probably been considered a demon in Ancient Japan until the mid-19th century.
Let's say he takes Japan, and the people see him as some sort of god, since he is so tough and immortal, which is likely considering people believed in that stuff before, and some probably would today if they saw someone like him, how do you think the rest of the world would have reacted. He'd have to expand quickly enough to make Japan strong enough to stop the europeans, since they would see him as a threat and probably call him satan or something.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrminister4446 View Post
Let's say he takes Japan, and the people see him as some sort of god, since he is so tough and immortal, which is likely considering people believed in that stuff before, and some probably would today if they saw someone like him, how do you think the rest of the world would have reacted. He'd have to expand quickly enough to make Japan strong enough to stop the europeans, since they would see him as a threat and probably call him satan or something.
In the Middle Ages, the Europeans would probably view him as the Christian devil and try to burn him at the stake. Or maybe a male corresponding to a witch.

Indigenous peoples would probably see him as some kind of spirit.

Finally in the 19th century he would be seen as the extraterrestrial he is (but probably been mistaken to be from Mars).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #13
Powder
So tired of this place

He wanted to perfect his sewing technique first, so that he could adorn his throne with a lovely blanket featuring a pattern of his face stitched into it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:41 AM   #14
mrminister4446
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
In the Middle Ages, the Europeans would probably view him as the Christian devil and try to burn him at the stake. Or maybe a male corresponding to a witch.

Indigenous peoples would probably see him as some kind of spirit.

Finally in the 19th century he would be seen as the extraterrestrial he is (but probably been mistaken to be from Mars).
If the europeans and later the americans had knowledge of him from before, it would be an established fact that he would either be the devil or a super human, I don't think it would cross their minds that he's an alien.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
This is a big reason that I had a hard time buying that Oroku Saki was actually Ch'rell. If Ch'rell ambitions were more than to simply be a crime lord, why wouldn't he have attempted such? I could've seen Ch'rell having been, say, Hitler. But Ch'rell didn't seem like he'd be the type to pose as a legitimate businessman. The Oroku Saki persona just didn't seem like a match for Ch'rell.
Yea it's kinda funny, really. Oroku Saki is seem as a cunning and yet patient and seemingly rational man. Like some sort of mafia boss. But Chrell himself seems like such a hateful and aggressive creature. Hard to believe he had so much patience to pose as an alter ego.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #16
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Isn't it obvious? Ch'rell had a split personality. Cold and rational on one side, and bat-sh*t crazy and genocidal on the other. Hannibal Lector and Hitler in one body.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #17
ABrown
Banned

Looking back, I think I would've preferred that Ch'rell and Oroku Saki been two separate characters. Ch'rell would've basically taken the role that Krang had in the original cartoon. And then Saki could've had a story similar to the role that Yukio Mashimi had.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yea it's kinda funny, really. Oroku Saki is seem as a cunning and yet patient and seemingly rational man. Like some sort of mafia boss. But Chrell himself seems like such a hateful and aggressive creature. Hard to believe he had so much patience to pose as an alter ego.
It would have been funny if the moments Saki looks calm, quiet and cunning. Ch'rell was actually spending a lot of time thinking on things to say, or just fumbling with the controls.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #19
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Looking back, I think I would've preferred that Ch'rell and Oroku Saki been two separate characters.
But they were separate characters. The real Oroku Saki was a warlord from ancient Japan. Ch'rell was just using his identity.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It would have been funny if the moments Saki looks calm, quiet and cunning. Ch'rell was actually spending a lot of time thinking on things to say, or just fumbling with the controls.
Lol ye. Those utrom exosuits sure copied human movements perfectly, didn't they? I bet the utroms would also be great gamers if they ever tried playing video games.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shredder