The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-12-2016, 06:56 AM   #21
neatoman
Emperor

Pretty much all versions of the Shredder has killed someone. The Fred Wolf Shredder in particular however... He probably wouldn't even be able to swat a fly if he tried.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

They all killed the monster together at the end of "Splinter No More in the abandoned subway station."
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Pretty much all versions of the Shredder has killed someone. The Fred Wolf Shredder in particular however... He probably wouldn't even be able to swat a fly if he tried.
Not true. It all comes down to censors. Baxter Stockman is the perfect example of the change censors allowed in the late 80s' opposed to the mid 2000s'. Instead of a black man being verbally abused and attempted to be killed on three occasions we get a white guy in the bumbling role. We get a parody of The Fly opposed to a black man slowly dismembered until he becomes a cyborg then a one eyed brain in the jar. Shredder would have done much more if the censors were right at the time. So don't dismiss 1987 Shredder because of what he had to work around in the real world.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #24
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Yes, he did kill the Purple Dragon Leader that Dragonface took over for in the final moment of the first episode "Thanks Change".

I am curious, in the 1987 cartoon while Shredder had several attempted murders and never succeeded, what times was it implied he had indeed killed?
The only time that I can remember of it being implied that OT Shredder killed people was in the episode Get Shredder when he blew up the Channel Six building. The Turtles thought that April, Irma, Vernon and others were dead.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #25
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Not true. It all comes down to censors. Baxter Stockman is the perfect example of the change censors allowed in the late 80s' opposed to the mid 2000s'. Instead of a black man being verbally abused and attempted to be killed on three occasions we get a white guy in the bumbling role. We get a parody of The Fly opposed to a black man slowly dismembered until he becomes a cyborg then a one eyed brain in the jar. Shredder would have done much more if the censors were right at the time. So don't dismiss 1987 Shredder because of what he had to work around in the real world.
Adding on, by the late 80s, the show was being regularly aired on a network station as opposed to cable, so of course it would have been toned down and would've had stricter censors. So yeah, for the OT, it'll always be implied that people were killed, just not actually shown or referenced and not only by Shredder. That kid in that Star Child ep had to have killed those men in those military tanks. He blew them up. Or that Wally Airhead guy destroying that one building with his blockbuster.

Last edited by ssjup81; 02-12-2016 at 02:05 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #26
Shred87
Hench Mutant

I won't spoil it but the Idw shredder does kill in the Batman-Tmnt crossover issue 3
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

That IS a spoiler. I haven't read the issue yet & now I know something about it. Thanks.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #28
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I know this isn't canon, but I wrote a fan fiction where OT Shredder (as depicted in my Jephaelverse series) killed Silver Sentry.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:59 PM   #29
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That IS a spoiler. I haven't read the issue yet & now I know something about it. Thanks.
Mind blown! And it can never be un-blown, am I right?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #30
Shred87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Damn.... You're right sry fellas... Thought I was safe by not going into details
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:15 PM   #31
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Maybe some old people and even young people with heart diseases were killed by the artificial mirror satellite in "Shredder's Mom". Such persons are usually sensitive to hot weather.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:55 AM   #32
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Yes, he did kill the Purple Dragon Leader that Dragonface took over for in the final moment of the first episode "Thanks Change".

I am curious, in the 1987 cartoon while Shredder had several attempted murders and never succeeded, what times was it implied he had indeed killed?
I can think of one example from the first episode where Splinter tells the story of how they came to be. After framing Yoshi for attempting to kill the grandmaster, its very likely Shredder did it himself after Yoshi had been kicked out. That is probably how he ended up in total control of the Foot Clan.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #33
ticktack
Foot Soldier

He pretty much electrocuted white Baxter (I think, they got away with unnecessary risks of implied rasism).
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #34
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
He pretty much electrocuted white Baxter (I think, they got away with unnecessary risks of implied rasism).
Adding on, they put him into an incinerator. They were definitely planning on killing him and would have...but censors so no. Let's turn him into a fly hybrid instead.

So yeah, OT Shredder was definitely capable of killing, but it had to remain implied given that it was a kid's show that eventually ended up on a network channel. Can't have kids shows showing people being killed or murdered. Look at the first TMNT movie. That was live-action, fewer restrictions, and that kid Tatsu had to have killed was made like he was still alive, when originally, he was supposed to have died from the hit.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shredder