Old 11-30-2018, 11:50 PM   #2
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh jeez already

Didn't think I'd be bringing this out so soon
Old 12-01-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Almost didn't realize that was Casey at first, looks de-aged about 5 years from usual. Heh.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #4
Igglet

As long as I get some Raph and Casey moments, I'm on board. This looks great so far. I like the art.

And oh boy, that first panel. Utrommaniac put it better than I ever could.

Also, the issue is dropping in just over a week?! Thank God, I thought we'd have to wait until at least like the 20th for this issue to drop.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Oh jeez already

Didn't think I'd be bringing this out so soon
https://i.imgflip.com/2nw8h3.jpg

Whereas I want to see my childhood favorite turtle get absolutely mutilated emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I want that loner turtle to get MAULED. And then do some damage on his way out.

EDIT: On his way out to escape, not his way out of life. I don't want THAT dark.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #6
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Whereas I want to see my childhood favorite turtle get absolutely mutilated emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I want that loner turtle to get MAULED. And then do some damage on his way out.

EDIT: On his way out to escape, not his way out of life. I don't want THAT dark.
Yeah I'm really excited for this! Casey was butchered, now Raph! He will get better. But I think his eye needs to go.

Anyway, has anyone figured out where these macros fit into the story yet? Are Mike, Leo and Raph all after 88?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:42 AM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's times like this where you forget Casey was stabbed in the gut until you're actually reminded

I think it goes:

Don, Mike, Battle Lines arch, Leo, Christmas issue, Raphael, City at War
Old 12-02-2018, 01:00 AM   #8
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It's times like this where you forget Casey was stabbed in the gut until you're actually reminded

I think it goes:

Don, Mike, Battle Lines arch, Leo, Christmas issue, Raphael, City at War
Sounds about right, with the exception of the Christmas Issue as we've no idea when it happens (yet).

Bobby said in another thread that the Donnie and Mikey ones are set before Battle Lines, and the Leo and Raph ones are set after it.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #9
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Almost didn't realize that was Casey at first, looks de-aged about 5 years from usual. Heh.
To be fair there hasn't ever been any explicitly stated ages for any of characters in the IDW series, just educated guesses from us fans.
I think the closest we've ever had is April, Casey and Angel being around 18-ish at the start of the series as both April and Casey are at NY Tech college, although it's never mentioned which year(s) they are in, and Angel mentioned during City Fall that she and Casey were born around the same time.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm personally expecting the fallout of this issue to lead to some sort of weird rapprochement between Raphael and Old Hob. I've always wanted to see them end up as reluctant partners in some sort of conflict, and this panel in #87 really seems to be subtly laying the groundwork. Raph and Hob, arms crossed, backs to each other "We're only working together because Slash. Yeah. Whatever. Yeah, whatever."

We KNOW that Raph is going to end up tortured by Bishop is this macro-issue; we KNOW that Old Hob hates Bishop now more than ever for what happened to Slash. We KNOW Bishop is not going away any time soon.

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but it seems like a perfect evolution for both characters. And IDW has recently given us a Casey/Hun team-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
To be fair there hasn't ever been any explicitly stated ages for any of characters in the IDW series, just educated guesses from us fans.
I think the closest we've ever had is April, Casey and Angel being around 18-ish at the start of the series as both April and Casey are at NY Tech college, although it's never mentioned which year(s) they are in, and Angel mentioned during City Fall that she and Casey were born around the same time.
I always assumed Casey and April were both in their second year of college. So 19-20.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:37 PM   #11
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm personally expecting the fallout of this issue to lead to some sort of weird rapprochement between Raphael and Old Hob. I've always wanted to see them end up as reluctant partners in some sort of conflict, and this panel in #87 really seems to be subtly laying the groundwork. Raph and Hob, arms crossed, backs to each other "We're only working together because Slash. Yeah. Whatever. Yeah, whatever."

We KNOW that Raph is going to end up tortured by Bishop is this macro-issue; we KNOW that Old Hob hates Bishop now more than ever for what happened to Slash. We KNOW Bishop is not going away any time soon.

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but it seems like a perfect evolution for both characters. And IDW has recently given us a Casey/Hun team-up.
Yes, please! I love that idea!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:40 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Pardon the Undertale (and eventual noise of it), but I'm pretty sure this is going to be the Mutanimals and Casey up against Bishop through this story

DoN'T touCH the ChILd

But yeah, agreeing that Raphael and Hob may finally put each other's **** aside. Things gotta stop when a mutual friend literally vanishes from existence.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks that Alopex could play a supportive role here, given that she's had to kill people in the past and would know how to deal with the mental issues with it. Plus, she is in desperate need of some kind of role in the story.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #14
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks that Alopex could play a supportive role here, given that she's had to kill people in the past and would know how to deal with the mental issues with it. Plus, she is in desperate need of some kind of role in the story.
I sort of just hope she gets a personality. She was great in that Universe issue with Raph but otherwise she had a completely different personality depending on who was writing her I feel like. She's a character who I feel like has so much potential if used right.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #15
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I sort of just hope she gets a personality. She was great in that Universe issue with Raph but otherwise she had a completely different personality depending on who was writing her I feel like. She's a character who I feel like has so much potential if used right.
Given her compassion and understanding of Krisa's plight, I'd like to see her take over as leader of the Mutanimals once Hob's big war-on-humans shtick fails.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #16
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I agree. I liked her personality during that raid on the Null base with Raph. I liked her too during... I can't remember the timeline but when the Turtles and Mutanimals fought Bebop and Rocksteady. Other times she's played straight to where she barely has personality at all. And then there's the Toad Baron arc where she's wildly out of character and childish to the point of being ditzy. I was convinced Sophie was writing the Alopex from her fan comic rather than the one from the IDW one. She was done best in that two parter with Raph and I hope she continues to be written like that.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Given her compassion and understanding of Krisa's plight, I'd like to see her take over as leader of the Mutanimals once Hob's big war-on-humans shtick fails.
I'd be cool with a Mutant Civil War... Old Hob, Raph, Don, Ray, etc on one side, Leo, Mike, Mondo, etc on the other. That'd be sweet.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #18
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Eh, I don't know, I don't think Alopex would fit in with that sort of group, ESPECIALLY not as the leader. If anything, I'd much prefer if Ray or Sally took over. But it would be much more interesting if, instead of having Hob die in this war or something, he instead realizes that waging a war on humanity won't do him any good and grows as a character. I mean, seeing how far he's come, is that really a stretch?
Old 12-05-2018, 01:13 PM   #19
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh god, Ray with Sally as his right hand would lay waste to the other team .
Old 12-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Eh, I don't know, I don't think Alopex would fit in with that sort of group, ESPECIALLY not as the leader. If anything, I'd much prefer if Ray or Sally took over. But it would be much more interesting if, instead of having Hob die in this war or something, he instead realizes that waging a war on humanity won't do him any good and grows as a character. I mean, seeing how far he's come, is that really a stretch?
She'd fit in as the leader if she wanted to take them in another direction. Who else is there? Ray and Herman are Hob's stooges, Sally is cool but she's a follower, not a leader... It'd be fun to see Alopex forced to lead a bunch of other mutated animals like herself, especially if they go up against Null's forces.