The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #41
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Your right, it takes a team to win, not just one QB.

But it looks like Tom Brady is the best qb when he really needs to. In this game he was doing pretty bad, until he really needed to come back and make crazy plays, and he did.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #42
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

I'm a Jets fan, so hating the Patriots comes naturally to me. However I will give credit where it is due....Brady is nothing but money especially in the playoffs. If I had to choose a qb that I wanted on one drive to win me a game in the postseason it would be him.
Having said that, I need to go take a shower now I feel dirty.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #43
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Wasn't the player doing Shawne Merriman's celebration?
Yea, that was it.

Isn't Merriman the one that took steroids?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #44
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Yup, that was him.

What do ya'll think about LTs beef with the Partriots? LT felt the Pats celebrated to much at midfield. I dont think LT has an arguement, his team does a lot of showboating (ie. "lightsout"). Just because the Pats are a very sucessful doesn't mean they can't celebrate a little. Talk about a double standard...
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #45
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

I think LT was just frustrated with the loss. He put up good numbers as usual yet his team is knocked out of the postseason. I agree that the Pats had good reason to celebrate.....it just stung for the Chargers so they don't have an argument here if you ask me.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #46
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

^ Yeah LT must be frustrated. It's unfortunate he comes out looking like a whiner after this.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #47
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Sheesh...Brady is pure greatness...he can have a terrible game and still manage to pull it off...how can you ever really bet against the Pats....
Old 01-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #48
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Damn that bears game was intense. So was the chargers/pats game but I didn't like the outcome of that one

I know everyone hates on Grossman, even the NFL commercials were sort of ripping on him, but he really isn't a bad quarter back. I mean look at his arm, that 60+ yard touch down throw in one play, that was impressive. The main problem is even though he's been in the NFL 2 or 3 years now he really hasn't played enough, I think he's done a good enough job, and imo the Bears defense, which is touted as being one of the best, is really as off and on as Grossman is. I don't think the Bears will win the superbowl, but I have high hopes they'll beat the saints. It'd be great if they did go all the way though.

If anything I just want the patriots to lose.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #49
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
Yup, that was him.

What do ya'll think about LTs beef with the Partriots? LT felt the Pats celebrated to much at midfield. I dont think LT has an arguement, his team does a lot of showboating (ie. "lightsout"). Just because the Pats are a very sucessful doesn't mean they can't celebrate a little. Talk about a double standard...

I agree...the Patriots don't really have anyone on the team who does any endzone dances, they don't have a special dance for sacking a qb, they don't talk trash in the media about their opponents, and they don't have any real "superstars" The players are known for their skills only, and even then a lot of the players aren't very well known. The Patriots are more known of as a team and not as star players.

You could say it is weak to disrespect the chargers by dancing in their midfield, but the chargers were far from perfect in this game and all season. There was a guy headbutting a pats player this game for no reason, and all season I've seen their players pushing people and being poor sports. I know a few of their players have been fined a bunch of money and kicked out of games for this stuff.

Si I think LT should...stop being a baby, if his team could dish it out all season I think he should be able to take one celebration dance.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #50
Krang's Uncle
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
So Marino is not one of the greatest QBs ever? IMO thats insane becuase one player does not win championships. It takes a team. So I guess by that logic Bill Cartwright is one of the greatest basketball players of all time becuase he was on the Bulls team that won 3 consecutive championships in 91, 92, and 93? Or Will purdue who won 3 with the Bulls as well and then another won with the Spurs. I mean, thats 4 Championship rings; he must be one of the greatest ever. There are tons more of these types of examples.

Championships are teriffic, don't get me wrong. Their what every player strives for and every fan hopes for. That said, they are not the end all be all.
True, and those are good examples, but when guys like Cartwright and Purdue's careers are looked at, every one will note that they played with some great players, guys that had the numbers and rings.

Marino is one of the greats, but he will always be remembered for not winning a ring, whether its right or wrong.

Im going with the Pats in the AFC championship game, i really want them to lose, but my mind tells me theyll be Mannings undoing once again.
Krang's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #51
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Should there be a thread about why everyone hates the NE Patriots?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #52
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I like 'em. I've liked them ever since they replaced Bledsoe with Brady when they won the 1st championship. I used to be a big Michigan fan.

But the Lions have alwats been #1 unfortunatly
Old 01-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #53
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I've liked them ever since they replaced Bledsoe with Brady
And that goes right back to my beloved Jets. Mo Lewis, a LB for us at the time, knocked Bledsoe out of a game and in came the unknown (at the time) guy named Brady to take his place.

The rest is history.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #54
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Well, getting closer to gametime...such good games this weekend.

Obvioulsy the headliner will be the pats v colts. And this one is so hard to call, i really, really, REALLY hope that Peyton and crew can pull it off, but the Pats just always seem to make the wins happen this year (much like my beloved Gators...) I'm rooted for the colts, but I wont be surprised if the Pats pull it.

On the other side, i really hope the Bears can pull it off. They havent looked great but I really think its Rex's time...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #55
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

It wasn't hard for me to make my picks.

I hate Peyton and like Brady.

I'm and lions fan.

So.....Pats vs. Saints

BTW TMNTerminator, that is one sweet pic in your sig.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #56
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Superbowl: Bears vs. Colts
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #57
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

These games should be really good. I pick the Colts and the Saints to win....I know the bears have that defense and all but to me the x-factor in this game is Drew Brees. He is one of the best, if not the best qb in the league this year.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:50 AM   #58
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist

GO COLTS! Bear's Dee is gonna give Peyton a run for his money, but I have faith in him.

Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:08 AM   #59
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier

with the Reggie Bush, Deuce McAllister, and Brees combo the Saints can't be touched. i hope they end up with the Lombardi trophy.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #60
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
BTW TMNTerminator, that is one sweet pic in your sig.
Thnx man...i love it as well...

Speaking of which, this definately seems to be the year of the Gator: if the Pats can pull it, then their fabulous foursome of Gator wide recievers will get a chance at the big one; if the Bears can pull it, good ole Rex and defensive power Alex Brown will get their shot (along with a few other lesser known Gators on the team...). Can't wait till tomorrow...