The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-29-2022, 01:43 PM   #21
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
When I'd work at McDonalds (and I would work the grill) all the guys there including the swing manager would go down into the freezer and pee on all of the boxes of frozen burger patties. It was like a thing to do/rite of passage. We'd also call it the employee bathroom. People would walk in and see you peeing on the boxes and just go "Hey, wussup" and leave.
McDs was my first job. I grilled double the burgers allowed every time I worked. When I closed, the managers would stop working, go out into the lobby sit down & smoke weed. Then I'd have to cook whatever they wanted for food & they always offered & also said I could take home whatever I wanted... I cooked an entire bag of nuggets & fries once to take to a friends house after work cuz we'd hang out til midnight or whatever shooting the sh!t... Weird times.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 01:47 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
McDs was my first job. I grilled double the burgers allowed every time I worked. When I closed, the managers would stop working, go out into the lobby sit down & smoke weed. Then I'd have to cook whatever they wanted for food & they always offered & also said I could take home whatever I wanted... I cooked an entire bag of nuggets & fries once to take to a friends house after work cuz we'd hang out til midnight or whatever shooting the sh!t... Weird times.
That, too. I'd make all manner of quadruple Big Macs, triple quarter pounders with mac sauce, etc., and bring them home.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 01:57 PM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Max Hamburger Restaurants

I prefer Max Hamburger Restaurants.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 04:58 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
When I'd work at McDonalds (and I would work the grill) all the guys there including the swing manager would go down into the freezer and pee on all of the boxes of frozen burger patties. It was like a thing to do/rite of passage. We'd also call it the employee bathroom. People would walk in and see you peeing on the boxes and just go "Hey, wussup" and leave.
This was in the 90's right? No way would something like this be allowed now especially in the days of phones and the internet. Someone would film it and the manager and the entire McDonald's would be shut down the moment it went on the internet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 04:58 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This was in the 90's right?
1999 and part of 2000, I believe.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:58 PM   #26
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
This was in the 90's right? No way would something like this be allowed now especially in the days of phones and the internet. Someone would film it and the manager and the entire McDonald's would be shut down the moment it went on the internet.
Like 97 or 98, I think. I was in high school. Lol. I'm old. Lol. They were always giving away food that was leftover or even letting employees cook food to take home... and this was before free or reduced priced meals (at least as far as I recall) being the norm... the first time it happened, I think I just made some fresh fries and a quad burger... and a box of nuggets. And I'm pretty sure I recall being weirded out by him telling me I could just "take it"... but then he kept going "thats all you're cookin"? Lol. Dude got really buzzed one night & had me not clean the grill right away for the night & cooked him & his friends (not employees) a bunch of stuff plus they made 2 bags of fries and just smoked like crazy in the front dining area. I made an excuse to get out as soon as possible and they were still there about an hour later when I drove a couple friends by to look. Lol. I didn't stay there long though, maybe 7 months before I got something better.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:26 AM   #27
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ugh, you guys are a bunch of animals. No wonder nobody wants to eat at fast food places with disgusting behavior like that. Some of us actually try to do a GOOD job and keep the customers happy! (I get compliments and even tips all the time from mine, but I bust my a$$ to make sure my regulars get good service and the right food.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:27 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm glad I never worked at a fast food place as a teenager/or early 20's. I just went from school straight to a first regular job. I never worked as a teenager as my parents paid for everything.

I didn't even get my first real job till my early 20's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:37 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
No wonder nobody wants to eat at fast food places with disgusting behavior like that. Some of us actually try to do a GOOD job and keep the customers happy! (I get compliments and even tips all the time from mine, but I bust my a$$ to make sure my regulars get good service and the right food.)
You work at a fast food place? Right now?
Old 08-02-2022, 04:47 PM   #30
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I'm glad I never worked at a fast food place as a teenager/or early 20's. I just went from school straight to a first regular job. I never worked as a teenager as my parents paid for everything.

I didn't even get my first real job till my early 20's.
So, thats your problem....
Old 02-16-2024, 11:17 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I would love, love, love to see them bring back "The Micky D" burger. McDonalds had it for quite a while somewhere around 1993-1996 but no one seems to remember it ever existed. Basically the bread was like a baguette, there was a hamburger patty, then there was some kind of really unique salsa and lettuce. Delicious!*

Also favorites like the "McJordan" and their "burger of the month." The McRib, naturally.

* edit: I found mention of it on the McDonald's wiki!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d%27s_products

"Mickey D. A 1/3 lb. burger introduced in 1993 with cheddar cheese, red onions, diced tomatoes and a zesty tomato sauce on a crusty roll."

So the other night I actually made some Mickey-Ds, or as close to the Mickey-D as I could come. I made a video I'll upload one of these days.