The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-08-2020, 07:24 PM   #1201
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Grant Gustin tows the company line on Hartley like a company man ("words matter." oh, f*** off!) and the showrunner uses this as an opportunity to talk about he wants to seek out "black and brown writers and directors" just because black and brown writers:

http://www.justjared.com/2020/06/08/...DxlmB_ouQkx2ds
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #1202
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Last I checked Barry Allen preaches about everyone deserves a second chance on the show. So what about Hartley?
Old 06-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #1203
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Grant Gustin tows the company line on Hartley like a company man ("words matter." oh, f*** off!) and the showrunner uses this as an opportunity to talk about he wants to seek out "black and brown writers and directors" just because black and brown writers:

http://www.justjared.com/2020/06/08/...DxlmB_ouQkx2ds
I do agree with him that words matter. Normally I'm not on board with SJW tactics, but this hartley guy seemed a bit off his rocker with the tweets he posted. even if you don't plan on acting things out, a normal person doesn't post stuff like that and think it's 'funny'

the latter news item...yeah, ugh. just more virtue signaling. that'll be forgotten within a few weeks.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:23 PM   #1204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I do agree with him that words matter. Normally I'm not on board with SJW tactics, but this hartley guy seemed a bit off his rocker with the tweets he posted. even if you don't plan on acting things out, a normal person doesn't post stuff like that and think it's 'funny'
He clearly was trying to be humorous. Whether successful or not, I dunno, not for me to judge.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #1205
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

It wouldn't surprise me if those scummy westallen/Candice Patton stans were the ones who dug up those tweets to get him fired.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #1206
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if those scummy westallen/Candice Patton stans were the ones who dug up those tweets to get him fired.
You wouldn't be too far of the mark, actually.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:54 PM   #1207
Xav
Foot Elite

Other cast members are supporting the firing. So I'm guessing this isn't going to be another James Gunn situation.
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...awyers-firing/
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #1208
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
You wouldn't be too far of the mark, actually.
I know I saw two westallen twitters taking credit for his firing when I was searching twitter. They won't be happy until Iris is the main focus of the show. I think they are worse than the Ollicity crowd
Old 06-09-2020, 05:59 PM   #1209
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Other cast members are supporting the firing. So I'm guessing this isn't going to be another James Gunn situation.
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...awyers-firing/
If these tweets had been discovered a couple of months from now or especially a month ago, they probably would be singing a different tune. And not, you know, now when there is protests and riots actively raging outside about "systemic racism."

*edit: See? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...ed/ar-BB15fCmv

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-09-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #1210
Galactus
Foot Elite

Not kept up with the Flash TV show in ages so I could be wrong but hasn't he been in trouble with the show before? I'm sure I remember there was a time two of the actresses refusing to work with him. Maybe this was just the final straw to get rid of the guy.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #1211
Vegita-San
Emperor

been slowly falling out of love with this show since season 3 and it's all but gone now. just got up to 'a girl named sue'.... my god, another 'woman can do anything and is super awesome' character...that derives a ninja kick like a turtle.

feels like the female characters vastly out number the guys now on this show, especially since Joe is hardly seen anymore.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:18 PM   #1212
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
been slowly falling out of love with this show since season 3 and it's all but gone now. just got up to 'a girl named sue'.... my god, another 'woman can do anything and is super awesome' character...that derives a ninja kick like a turtle.

feels like the female characters vastly out number the guys now on this show, especially since Joe is hardly seen anymore.

Its becoming the case in all of the cw DC shows, sadly.

I mean, I'm good with women empowerment on these shows but it's becoming just too much.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:14 PM   #1213
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
been slowly falling out of love with this show since season 3 and it's all but gone now.
I still find a lot of value in 4 (that was the Thinker one, right?)... though I think that's the same season with the truly awful "girls' night out" episode.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #1214
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
I think that's the same season with the truly awful "girls' night out" episode.
yes it was that episode what **** show #feminism everyone made fun of that episode when it aired
Old 06-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #1215
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I still find a lot of value in 4 (that was the Thinker one, right?)... though I think that's the same season with the truly awful "girls' night out" episode.
The Thinker was one non speedster ultimate villain too late and would have revitalized the show if it had come sooner.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the 'girls night out' episode? in theory, not bad...

Last edited by Vegita-San; 06-24-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:31 AM   #1216
ZariusTwo
Overlord

More 'graphic novels' in season seven, but it appears each of them will neatly dovetail into the other and they won't be so 'broken up' like in season six

https://tvline.com/2020/06/28/the-fl...ormat-changes/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #1217
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I'd be curious to know Male starring cast vs female starring cast on screentime numbers for these shows the past season.

Without looking I'm sure the women outnumber the men, even Grant Gustin who is the main lead.

Again I'm not a women hater and like their involvement in shows, but too much is too much and are sinking this shows farther and farther.

Batwoman and Supergirl I can stomach but not with Flash and Legends.

Black Lightning is like the only really good one to watch from start to finish without any negatives.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #1218
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
I'd be curious to know Male starring cast vs female starring cast on screentime numbers for these shows the past season.
I was curious about this myself.

There really are an amazing amount of useless female characters on this show.

Cecile isn't really a bad actress, but she doesn't really do anything useful, and her power creation was so off the charts that that arc was just forgotten about and now she just has them fulls time.

Iris is a main character, but I think the actress herself just comes across as bland in her acting style and could be written off the show and not missed. I'd miss Joe more.

The Asian Lady (can't even remember her name).....brought in as a Cisco girlfriend, they hardly have any screen time or plots. why is she needed on there now?

the Light spectrum girl. Same with her. she's there soley for nash development and nothing more. no real reason for nash to be there either for that matter.

And also, didn't the end of Crisis imply the other earths where there? why do they suddenly say now they are not?

Old 08-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #1220
Vegita-San
Emperor

the best way to describe the last few seasons of this show, 'disjointed'.

the finale being a perfect example. all the odd orgasmic looking angles of 'bad ass women kicking ass' with the black hole battle, for example. that seemed totally out of place with the rest of the shows style.

this woman that plastic man is after...why does she need to be there?

nash and his adopted daughter. why do they need to be there?

belittling flash by making him useless....even forgetting about his alleged intelligence so much around in the first season?

ugh.

Tags
flash, run barry run!