The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #1261
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh sh**... look at this.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/ra...et-1234570870/

Ray Fisher goes on to say that Whedon's treatment during the 90% reshoot was abusive, gross, unprofessional, and unacceptable. Also, that he was enabled "in many ways" by Geoff Johns.

Big surprise there!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #1262
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Dissapointed in Johns if that's the case...wonder how this'll effect his standing in Warner?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:07 PM   #1263
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh sh**... look at this.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/ra...et-1234570870/

Ray Fisher goes on to say that Whedon's treatment during the 90% reshoot was abusive, gross, unprofessional, and unacceptable. Also, that he was enabled "in many ways" by Geoff Johns.

Big surprise there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Dissapointed in Johns if that's the case...wonder how this'll effect his standing in Warner?
I am not surprised by these comments. Joss Whedon comes across as an extremely unprofessional and slimy individual. In 2017, he Tweeted that he wished a rhinoceros would do terrible sexual things to Paul Ryan until he died.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/enter...paul-ryan.html

Whedon also poked fun at cancer survivors who were visiting Ryan.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ivors-hit-rep/

His fan website also had to be shut down after his ex-wife had written an essay about how he had multiple affairs with other women, what a hypocrite he is when it comes to women’s rights, and how abusive he was to her.

https://ew.com/tv/2017/08/21/joss-whedon-whedonesque/

Last edited by ranger_scout; 07-01-2020 at 07:59 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #1264
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, that's a shame.

By contrast... just because it bears saying... every single person who's ever worked with Zack, from actors to anyone who isn't handling the money, says he's a gem and one of the best guys in the business to work for. Like producers don't like him, obviously, but everyone on the creative end says he's a prince. One of the rare "I never hear anything bad about the guy" types. In a business full of scumbags, by all accounts he's a genuine fella. Good.

Joss being slimy doesn't shock me. Johns, kinda. Pretty sure he's been drunk with power for a while now. He probably figured that overseeing the JL project and his heavy-handed "fixing" of the DCEU would cement his status as a "player" in Hollywood. Which... obviously didn't happen. But I can see why he was trying to rule with an iron fist. It's just pretty disappointing.

Guess he earned that f*cking demotion. Kinda ironic.
-----------------

Former Warner Bros. co-president of production Jon Berg tells Variety that it is “categorically untrue that we enabled any unprofessional behavior” in the wake of Ray Fisher’s statement. “I remember [Fisher] being upset that we wanted him to say ‘Booyaa,’ which is a well known saying of Cyborg in the animated series.”

Sigh.

These movies were never supposed to have ANYTHING to do with the cartoons.

These movies were SOLELY designed to take inspiration from the comic books. That was spoken on Day One before MoS was even made and it was the entire mission throughout the first two-and-a-half movies.

This was NOT supposed to ever be a "DC Jambalaya" project.

The cartoons were never supposed to be relevant to the movies. Zack - to my knowledge - never even watched those cartoons.

See, sh*t like this is why things get screwed up. Misplaced priorities. "We tried to force some cartoon sh*t into a movie that openly wanted nothing to do with those cartoons." One can maybe argue that maybe they could or should have gone that route, but that's not the point. It's like saying "The 1990 TMNT movie should've had Bebop and Rocksteady in it" when that wasn't even the goddamn point of the project in the first place.

Also, the "Booyaa" thing is dumb as dogsh*t anyways. Right up there with "Booyakasha" on the "Gag me with a chainsaw, you're stupid" scale.
Jesus.

Christ, do I hate WB. Not as much as Disney, but... they ain't good, pal.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 07-01-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:06 PM   #1265
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Uh oh... more bad juju on Geoff Johns.

If only this broke at the height of the #metoo stuff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:10 PM   #1266
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Good thing I don't actually have fans, or at least not the 'slide into my DMs' kinds of fans. I usually call my friends stuff like hun, sweetie, etc and unless they outright say 'um.... yeah, don't call me that', it's all good. Reading stuff like this tells me if I ever do get random fans sliding into my DMs, to never ever call em anything like that so they don't come back 10 years later saying I was 'creepy flirting' with them or some junk.

Now that I think about it, I think the only fans that ever slid into my DMs were all male fans anyways.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:03 AM   #1267
Leo656
The Franchise

I had ONE girl once upon a time try and chat me up on FB and inevitably offered to send me nudes. I said no, never heard from her again. Wouldn't be shocked if she later went on to accuse some other wrestler(s) of something unsavory, because she seemed like a total "wannabe ring rat"; I didn't start the conversation, and when I went to check her page she seemed like a real loon.

So it goes both ways, but yeah, man, makes me glad I'm nobody.

Who knows if this person's accusations are true, could be more to the story. She isn't clear about whether or not Geoff knew she was underage. Probably, but she doesn't say so. She tells US that but maybe she didn't tell him, y'know? I'unno.

I can ultimately believe anything about anyone, really, because I kinda don't believe in "good people", and generally think that most people only behave themselves exactly as much as they "have" to in order to not get caught... but I kinda never thought of Geoff Johns as a creep. Lots of other personality flaws, for sure, but I never caught a "predatory" vibe.

Thing is, maybe he's not a predator and maybe he's just really awkward. I mean, he IS a geek, and most geeks or nerds or what have you are genuinely socially awkward, they don't understand social cues, they often have boundary issues... it's just how it is. In hearing him talk, he's rather soft-spoken, almost shy or evasive at times. Not that that means he can't also be predatory, but I think that most people "like that" probably didn't date or get laid a lot in high school and thus don't really understand boundaries and often over-step.

That said, maybe he just wanted to bang a 17-year old, I'unno. But is that even all that "bad", though? That's not even illegal in most states. A little skeevy, maybe, but again, I'm not even sure he knew her age, based solely on the information she herself provides. Which is why one-sided stories aren't a great thing to pass judgment with.

I'unno. I can fault him for a lot but I would *hope* he's not a sexual predator. Kinda think there's more to this one story, but I'unno, I wasn't there.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #1268
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I had ONE girl once upon a time try and chat me up on FB and inevitably offered to send me nudes. I said no, never heard from her again. Wouldn't be shocked if she later went on to accuse some other wrestler(s) of something unsavory, because she seemed like a total "wannabe ring rat"; I didn't start the conversation, and when I went to check her page she seemed like a real loon.

So it goes both ways, but yeah, man, makes me glad I'm nobody.

Who knows if this person's accusations are true, could be more to the story. She isn't clear about whether or not Geoff knew she was underage. Probably, but she doesn't say so. She tells US that but maybe she didn't tell him, y'know? I'unno.

I can ultimately believe anything about anyone, really, because I kinda don't believe in "good people", and generally think that most people only behave themselves exactly as much as they "have" to in order to not get caught... but I kinda never thought of Geoff Johns as a creep. Lots of other personality flaws, for sure, but I never caught a "predatory" vibe.

Thing is, maybe he's not a predator and maybe he's just really awkward. I mean, he IS a geek, and most geeks or nerds or what have you are genuinely socially awkward, they don't understand social cues, they often have boundary issues... it's just how it is. In hearing him talk, he's rather soft-spoken, almost shy or evasive at times. Not that that means he can't also be predatory, but I think that most people "like that" probably didn't date or get laid a lot in high school and thus don't really understand boundaries and often over-step.

That said, maybe he just wanted to bang a 17-year old, I'unno. But is that even all that "bad", though? That's not even illegal in most states. A little skeevy, maybe, but again, I'm not even sure he knew her age, based solely on the information she herself provides. Which is why one-sided stories aren't a great thing to pass judgment with.

I'unno. I can fault him for a lot but I would *hope* he's not a sexual predator. Kinda think there's more to this one story, but I'unno, I wasn't there.
If there's one thing I'm picking from a lot of these stories that involve age of consent is the accuser usually beats you over the head with the fact she was underage in her story but usually forgets to mention if the guy in the story even knew. People age differently and some people could look like they're in their 20's but are 16. The story always assumes they looked like toddlers or the guys were mind readers or were able to see right through her lie if she did lie about her age.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but I mean, girls like older guys, I mean, it is what it is. When I was a kid, the high schoolers were chasing college kids. The freshmen were chasing the seniors. While I'm not saying this might be the case for this story, I know if certain girls are about to get laid with some college guy or in this case a wrestler celeb, she's not gonna blow her chances by telling him her age and risk scaring him off. Women like sex too, ya know. And yes, just like guys might lie to get some, some gals might also lie to get some. I'm not saying it's right, or even legal when it comes to age of consent, but it happens.

It's an odd form of sexism that society can't seem to shake that women are not these always-virtuous angels who can do no wrong. They have the same flaws men do, and women will indeed lie, cheat and steal if it benefits them the same way a guy will. A lot of the time these stories also seem to frame the girl in question as being this incredibly naive person, while in some cases, like you said, the guy in question might be an awkward geek who is the actual naive person in the story.

IDK, this is why I always wait it out until more evidence comes out, until more people come out, just wait and see. It's just too dangerous nowadays to automatically believe any story without looking into it first. Too many liars have already cost actual victims their credibility and as long as some of these stories come out and are proven false, women may never get their credibility back. And that's a shame for actual victims. I kinda wish more women would lash out against these clout-chasers. There needs to be some sort of anti-metoo movement started by women going after these other women, idk.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #1269
Leo656
The Franchise

Ah yeah man, I just gotta speak from my own life experience here, I personally knew way more chicks who played the Entrapment Game that guys who swung low. Most guys I know seem to know better.

Two anecdotes:

- Best friend was in the same grade as me. When we were Juniors in HS he started dating a girl he knew from another school who was a Freshman, I think? Anyway, after we graduated, things went south and he tried to break it off with her, but she sprung it on him that at the time they'd started having sex she was only 15 and he was 17-and-change and she said if he broke up with her she'd get him in all kinds of trouble. She ended up having a kid by him later. They're not still together but that was a sh*tty situation.

This is why "The Rule" generally is "Hands off the Freshmen girls", even though good LORD some of those girls were total sluts even when WE were Freshmen. But if you were in the higher two grades, especially, even if the age gap was two years or less, "Don't touch the Freshmen girls, they'll trap you." It happened to a few other guys I knew but that's the only one where a kid ended up happening because of it.

- I think also my Junior year, one of the science teachers got caught f*cking one of his students - A Senior - after school in one of the labs. Every one of her friends was like, "Sarah said on the first day of school "I'm gonna get Mr. _____ to f*ck me, I don't care what I have to do," and then she set about making it happen, and it happened. Now obviously, OBVIOUSLY the guy should've known better than to even get in that situation, but chicks can be pretty goddamn aggressive and she was pretty hot so I can definitely understand why and how that can happen. Anyway, the guy lost his job, his wife left him, the whole deal. I don't think he had criminal charges because she was 17-ish and he was working at a supermarket or something a couple months later, but yeah, she got suspended for a few weeks "to protect her reputation" but nothing else happened to her. And I kinda feel like something maybe should've, on account of she never once denied that the entire affair was HER idea, and she was totally not remorseful that she'd ruined a guy's entire life just because she had a crush on him. I mean it's not like she wanted it to end; they just got caught and she threw him under the bus. But everyone who knew her knew the story.

So yeah, just two examples of many where I can say, chicks are often very manipulative and vindictive, and a lot of the times they themselves create these scenarios just to Play Victim later. So I do strongly feel like the more information, the better, with these things. It's not always as simple as it appears on the surface.

Last edited by Leo656; 07-03-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #1270
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Ah yeah man, I just gotta speak from my own life experience here, I personally knew way more chicks who played the Entrapment Game that guys who swung low. Most guys I know seem to know better.

Two anecdotes:

- Best friend was in the same grade as me. When we were Juniors in HS he started dating a girl he knew from another school who was a Freshman, I think? Anyway, after we graduated, things went south and he tried to break it off with her, but she sprung it on him that at the time they'd started having sex she was only 15 and he was 17-and-change and she said if he broke up with her she'd get him in all kinds of trouble. She ended up having a kid by him later. They're not still together but that was a sh*tty situation.

This is why "The Rule" generally is "Hands off the Freshemen girls", even though good LORD some of those girls were total sluts even when WE were Freshmen. But if you were in the higher two grades, especially, even if the age gap was two years or less, "Don't touch the Freshmen girls, they'll trap you." It happened to a few other guys I knew but that's the only one where a kid ended up happening because of it.

- I think also my Junior year, one of the science teachers got caught f*cking one of his students - A Senior - after school in one of the labs. Every one of her friends was like, "Sarah said on the first day of school "I'm gonna get Mr. _____ to f*ck me, I don't care what I have to do," and then she set about making it happen, and it happened. Now obviously, OBVIOUSLY the guy should've known better than to even get in that situation, but chicks can be pretty goddamn aggressive and she was pretty hot so I can definitely understand why and how that can happen. Anyway, the guy lost his job, his wife left him, the whole deal. I don't think he had criminal charges because she was 17-ish and he was working at a supermarket or something a couple months later, but yeah, she got suspended for a few weeks "to protect her reputation" but nothing else happened to her. And I kinda feel like something maybe should've, on account of she never once denied that the entire affair was HER idea, and she was totally not remorseful that she'd ruined a guy's entire life just because she had a crush on him. I mean it's not like she wanted it to end; they just got caught and she threw him under the bus. But everyone who knew her knew the story.

So yeah, just two examples of many where I can say, chicks are often very manipulative and vindictive, and a lot of the times they themselves create these scenarios just to Play Victim later. So I do strongly feel like the more information, the better, with these things. It's not always as simple as it appears on the surface.
That's kinda why some of these guys really REALLY gotta think twice no matter how sexually aggressive these girls can be. They have to know in the back of their mind that if they ever get caught, the girl is gonna throw him under the bus to save herself, regardless of if it was her idea, or even if she swears she loves him or whatever. They can and will throw you under the bus to save themselves.

Though the teacher gets no sympathy from me cause he shoulda known better and cause he cheated on his wife.

But yeah back in school days, I would overhear stories about the girls bragging about the men they banged. With guys, unless they're very detailed, half the time you knew they were lying just to look cool, but when girls talk that openly about sex, most of the time it's true. I rarely heard of a case of a women bragging about her sexual exploits in the positive consensual manner unless it happened.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #1271
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That's kinda why some of these guys really REALLY gotta think twice no matter how sexually aggressive these girls can be. They have to know in the back of their mind that if they ever get caught, the girl is gonna throw him under the bus to save herself, regardless of if it was her idea, or even if she swears she loves him or whatever. They can and will throw you under the bus to save themselves.

Though the teacher gets no sympathy from me cause he shoulda known better and cause he cheated on his wife.

But yeah back in school days, I would overhear stories about the girls bragging about the men they banged. With guys, unless they're very detailed, half the time you knew they were lying just to look cool, but when girls talk that openly about sex, most of the time it's true. I rarely heard of a case of a women bragging about her sexual exploits in the positive consensual manner unless it happened.
Yeah, chicks are generally way more modest when talking about sex than guys are, so if they're talking about it at all, they're most likely toning the story down rather than embellishing it as a guy would. Goes for anything from details of an encounter to the number of partners a person has had. For example, the old adage, "Ask a man how many women he's had sex with, and whatever number he says, subtract five and that's the Real Number; ask a woman the same question, then ADD five, and that's the Real Number." Men exaggerate, women tone it down.

But that's also why they often lie about how "situations" happen; they don't wanna be called names or get a finger pointed at them. But sometimes - not always, but absolutely, definitely sometimes - they're pretty guilty, themselves, and just don't wanna be catcalled. Like, I'm so sure every actress who goes to a producer's hotel room at late hours for a "private meeting" thought they were just gonna have coffee and talk. Sure. But they have to act like babes in the woods or else they have to accept some blame on themselves. Much, much easier to abdicate all blame and responsibility by putting 100% "heat" on someone else. Not that the men in those situations are ever Right to do what they do, either, I don't think they are. I'm just saying, there's usually a lot more to these things than what people openly speak of, and I know that for a fact.

As far as that teacher goes (I can't even remember his name as he wasn't one of my teachers, I don't think I even knew the guy), I remember thinking for whatever reason that what he did by cheating on his wife was scummier than succumbing to the forceful advances of someone who he should have known better than to have sex with but also wasn't going to take "no" for an answer. But then I kinda think cheating is worse than most things. I kinda don't even know what he would've done otherwise, though; tell the principal or something that this skank was coming on to him? He'd still have his life ruined even if he didn't do anything, she would've just said he did even if he didn't. Even if he shot her down like he should've, it still would have been his word against hers; some of her friends implied that if he HAD said no, then she was gonna go around telling lies to get him in trouble, anyway. Kind of a No-Win scenario, that one. Like, what's the protocol? No easy answer, really. That guy was screwed the minute that girl set eyes on him, pun fully intended. He was never gonna get out of that situation clean, simply because, she didn't want him to. He was either gonna f*ck her and ruin his life, or NOT f*ck her and have her ruin his life anyway.

Sh*t like that is why I just don't take too much of this stuff at face value. I've seen how it goes both ways.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #1272
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, chicks are generally way more modest when talking about sex than guys are, so if they're talking about it at all, they're most likely toning the story down rather than embellishing it as a guy would. Goes for anything from details of an encounter to the number of partners a person has had. For example, the old adage, "Ask a man how many women he's had sex with, and whatever number he says, subtract five and that's the Real Number; ask a woman the same question, then ADD five, and that's the Real Number." Men exaggerate, women tone it down.

But that's also why they often lie about how "situations" happen; they don't wanna be called names or get a finger pointed at them. But sometimes - not always, but absolutely, definitely sometimes - they're pretty guilty, themselves, and just don't wanna be catcalled. Like, I'm so sure every actress who goes to a producer's hotel room at late hours for a "private meeting" thought they were just gonna have coffee and talk. Sure. But they have to act like babes in the woods or else they have to accept some blame on themselves. Much, much easier to abdicate all blame and responsibility by putting 100% "heat" on someone else. Not that the men in those situations are ever Right to do what they do, either, I don't think they are. I'm just saying, there's usually a lot more to these things than what people openly speak of, and I know that for a fact.

As far as that teacher goes (I can't even remember his name as he wasn't one of my teachers, I don't think I even knew the guy), I remember thinking for whatever reason that what he did by cheating on his wife was scummier than succumbing to the forceful advances of someone who he should have known better than to have sex with but also wasn't going to take "no" for an answer. But then I kinda think cheating is worse than most things. I kinda don't even know what he would've done otherwise, though; tell the principal or something that this skank was coming on to him? He'd still have his life ruined even if he didn't do anything, she would've just said he did even if he didn't. Even if he shot her down like he should've, it still would have been his word against hers; some of her friends implied that if he HAD said no, then she was gonna go around telling lies to get him in trouble, anyway. Kind of a No-Win scenario, that one. Like, what's the protocol? No easy answer, really. That guy was screwed the minute that girl set eyes on him, pun fully intended. He was never gonna get out of that situation clean, simply because, she didn't want him to. He was either gonna f*ck her and ruin his life, or NOT f*ck her and have her ruin his life anyway.

Sh*t like that is why I just don't take too much of this stuff at face value. I've seen how it goes both ways.
I guess one of the downsides of being so attractive you got the schoolgirls coming after you? I guess maybe that's why back in my day all the teachers were usually old balding fat dudes.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #1273
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I guess one of the downsides of being so attractive you got the schoolgirls coming after you? I guess maybe that's why back in my day all the teachers were usually old balding fat dudes.
I don't know, I never knew the guy! And I barely even knew her, but I knew a lot of her friends. She came from a prominent family; her family owned a very popular and successful bakery in town that's something of a local landmark, so pretty much typical "Poor Little Rich Girl" doing whatever she wants, basically. All her friends told the same tale - she liked to get coked up and do stupid sh*t and have random hook-ups, this one just happened to be her science teacher. She made a plan, put the plan into motion, and followed through successfully to the endgame. Why? I'unno. Just a bitch, I guess.

I doubt he was THAT good looking, but like I said, I never knew the guy.

Oh, and all those friends who gave me the dope on the How and Why of her little scheme? All girls, all telling the same tale. They wouldn't even lie to protect one of their own. "Nah, that was all her dumb sh*t. She knew exactly what she was doing." That's very telling all by itself. One would think they'd all point the finger at him and not her, but... nope. Her own friends called it a scumbag move on her part and kinda felt sorry for him for getting suckered. But again... how do you get out of that situation when she's gonna lie if you DON'T go along? Call the cops? Beat her up? His life was ruined the second she made a decision that F*cking Up His Life was what she felt like getting into.

I asked one or two of her friends flat-out WHY she would do something like that, and the best answer I got was, "I'unno, she was probably just f*cking high. She gets really high, like all the time. So that's all I can figure." Good reason to ruin a life, I guess.

F*cked up as it sounds... at least he got some tail and didn't go to jail. So in effect, he still probably got the Best Case Scenario. Worst case being, all that same sh*t happens BUT he's innocent. Which is what she was gonna do if he said no.

I'unno man. Whole thing stinks. There's definitely a lot of predators in the world, but there's a lot of wicked and devious females, too. I kinda ken to what the Bible says about 'em, that they're all kinda Evil by their default programming and some of them just choose not to be. Just based on my own experiences.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:45 PM   #1274
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So, apparently Affleck could be back as Batman for an HBO Max? Doubt the rumors but it'd be awesome, loved Affleck as Batman.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #1275
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I don't know, I never knew the guy! And I barely even knew her, but I knew a lot of her friends. She came from a prominent family; her family owned a very popular and successful bakery in town that's something of a local landmark, so pretty much typical "Poor Little Rich Girl" doing whatever she wants, basically. All her friends told the same tale - she liked to get coked up and do stupid sh*t and have random hook-ups, this one just happened to be her science teacher. She made a plan, put the plan into motion, and followed through successfully to the endgame. Why? I'unno. Just a bitch, I guess.

I doubt he was THAT good looking, but like I said, I never knew the guy.

Oh, and all those friends who gave me the dope on the How and Why of her little scheme? All girls, all telling the same tale. They wouldn't even lie to protect one of their own. "Nah, that was all her dumb sh*t. She knew exactly what she was doing." That's very telling all by itself. One would think they'd all point the finger at him and not her, but... nope. Her own friends called it a scumbag move on her part and kinda felt sorry for him for getting suckered. But again... how do you get out of that situation when she's gonna lie if you DON'T go along? Call the cops? Beat her up? His life was ruined the second she made a decision that F*cking Up His Life was what she felt like getting into.

I asked one or two of her friends flat-out WHY she would do something like that, and the best answer I got was, "I'unno, she was probably just f*cking high. She gets really high, like all the time. So that's all I can figure." Good reason to ruin a life, I guess.

F*cked up as it sounds... at least he got some tail and didn't go to jail. So in effect, he still probably got the Best Case Scenario. Worst case being, all that same sh*t happens BUT he's innocent. Which is what she was gonna do if he said no.

I'unno man. Whole thing stinks. There's definitely a lot of predators in the world, but there's a lot of wicked and devious females, too. I kinda ken to what the Bible says about 'em, that they're all kinda Evil by their default programming and some of them just choose not to be. Just based on my own experiences.
I mean on one side, the moment she came on to me I woulda told the misses "Yo this is happening and it kinda sounds like if I don't go through with it she's gonna start spreading rumors that I did", but I mean if there was really no way out, as long as she was of age I guess he might have well as hit it.

It's kinda like what I think of if life were to ever give me an STD. I'd much rather get one from accidentally sleeping with the wrong woman than because I accidentally stepped on a needle or something.

And yeah, there are a lot of predators out there, but society needs to learn that sometimes it's the woman that's the predator and the man that's the victim.

It's like when some friends were coming at me over the Depp/Heard situation. I was like 'dude, of course I support victims, but understand that in this case Johnny Depp is the victim".

Old 07-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #1276
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I mean on one side, the moment she came on to me I woulda told the misses "Yo this is happening and it kinda sounds like if I don't go through with it she's gonna start spreading rumors that I did"
Naaaahhhh, that wouldn't work. Women never believe you because they're hardwired to believe that all men cheat at any opportunity. Case in point: When I was living with and taking care of my Dad, he let some chick stay with us for months and she was a total whore, and also a liar and a manipulator. Took forever to get her outta there. Point being, she told a lot of people we knew that I f*cked her and I never, ever, EVER would've even TOUCHED her because she was absolutely crawling with disease and not even good looking anyway. But she'd try and "set you up" and she did try and come on to me a couple of times. But to this DAY it still comes up sometimes, especially when my wife is mad at me over something. "I KNOW you f*cked that bitch!" She was just stirring sh*t to make my life miserable because I kept trying to get her to leave and she didn't want to. That was her way of screwing with me. "I'm not going anywhere, so keep screwing with me and I'm gonna ruin your life." And there wasn't sh*t I could do about it.

But people don't believe you. Hell, the guys don't even believe me. I admit, it looks bad; when it comes up, people are like, "How do you have any woman living in your house and you NOT f*ck her? You must've f*cked her, otherwise why was she there?" Point A, I didn't want f*cking AIDS, point B, cheaters are scumbags. And C, for all I knew my Dad was f*cking her, I'unno. I believe that could've happened. He sure didn't want her to leave. But I never touched the c*nt no matter what she said. She was just being A Woman and telling tales to screw up my life, because they love that sh*t.

SO anyway, if this guy told his wife, "There's this girl, and she's gonna try and say this thing," the guy's wife would've taken it as, "OH, so you mean you f*cked her and you're trying to weasel out of it by telling me first before it gets back to me from someone else." And she would've left him anyway. That's how these things go. When you're the man in the situation nobody ever, ever believes you. To be Accused is to be Guilty.

So, that being the case, yeah, at least he did hit it. If you're gonna be found Guilty in the court of Opinion, best to at least BE guilty rather than be "hanged" as an innocent man, that's what I figure.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #1277
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Confirms the film is a divergent continuity, but 'satisfies' the narrative structure of Man of Steel and Batman V Superman

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-20-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #1278
ZariusTwo
Overlord

David Goyer talks about a scripted, but unfilmed Man of Steel scene

Quote:
The writer went on to reveal a cut scene that might have offered further insight into Superman's mental battle during that controversial moment. "Ironically, there was a scene that we wrote that didn't get filmed in which [Superman's adopted father] Jonathan [Kent] takes young Clark hunting and they kill a deer, and young Clark is just gutted by the act, and Jonathan says, 'It's a powerful thing to take a life, even if you're forced to take a life.' I always thought that would have been interesting... We never filmed it."

https://www.gamesradar.com/man-of-st...ene-comic-con/
Old 07-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #1279
Leo656
The Franchise

Would've been some nice foreshadowing.

Given the fact that to this day some more delicate type people swear it's a terrible movie because he didn't get any cats out of trees, though, I can imagine they decided very early on that it would annoy people, and thus decided not to film it. Shame.

Old 07-26-2020, 01:29 AM   #1280
ZariusTwo
Overlord

'New' clip from the Snyder cut...

Really nothing 'new', as it's a deleted scene we've seen before, and there's been so many fanedits with Caville in the black suit that an 'official' version doesn't quite have the same sizzle to me.

Snyder says he'd set the Whedon cut on fire

Quote:
Zack Snyder has some strong words for those who think he'll use any of Joss Whedon's footage in the upcoming Snyder Cut of Justice League. "I would destroy the movie," he said during the fan-organized Justice-Con panel. "I would set it on fire before I use a single frame that I did not photograph."

It's clear that this version of Justice League will be every bit a Snyder movie, and he'll go to great lengths to keep it that way. "I would literally blow that ****ing thing up," he continued.
https://www.gamesradar.com/zack-snyd...e-league-fire/