The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: They could have seriously made this a two-parter with more backstory...
Of Course I'm going to attack you! 16 18.60%
I would eat him just to shut him up... 36 41.86%
We have to find that helmet or we'll have to keep looking at Shredder's gross face. 13 15.12%
Who gave Michael Jackson a mohawk and a tron suit? 10 11.63%
Want More Foot History NOW!! 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #201
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Either that or Phil wasn't available to record lines that day.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #202
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry

I thought would be a little more Foot History of the founder of the Foot Clan.
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #203
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

I posted this in general information, but I'll copy it over to here because it's relevant.

Brandon Auman: "...Sometimes we just go way over budget and we had to cut his 4-5 lines. Baxter will speak in the next ep, don't worry..."
Old 06-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #204
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Either that or Phil wasn't available to record lines that day.
No Brandon who works on the show said it was budget.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #205
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I just saw that now. Thanks for clearing that up. Glad Baxter will speak again though.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:04 AM   #206
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I can't totally put my finger on it, but this episode felt kind of "off" to me. Certainly Leo's voice along with Baxter simply buzzing around and not talking didn't help matters, but the whole thing just felt a tad tonally wrong IMO. For a "main arc" type of episode, it was almost too goofy or something. I generally expect a lighter tone for stuff that's blatantly filler or even many of the Kraang-centric stories (which themselves always border on filler at times), but nothing up until now involving Shredder and the Foot has felt as silly as parts of this one did. To me, anyway. Zeck is just a goofball with all his Michael Jackson "hee-hoo'ing" and his working relationship with Steranko felt like something out of a sitcom. I guess that may be an ideal beginning for this Bebop and Rocksteady though, I dunno. Still, I'm having a hard time for some reason really buying that these two are going to become Bebop and Rocksteady, despite it already being an obvious fact.

Definitely not my favorite episode though. While I didn't hate it or anything, I was just somewhat underwhelmed. And as some others have mentioned, the conclusion was way too awkward and rushed. The rest of it just felt kind of all over the place. Tiger Claw and Bradford becoming commiserating disgruntled "buds" was probably the highlight for me. Loved that. I'd rank the rest alongside Mazes and Mutants as far as how much I was disappointed though. Shame too, as the previous episode was easily one of the absolute finest half hours of the new series to date. The Wrath of Tiger Claw was just so insanely good.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #207
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
Now i hate it even more.
Why ? He's a funny , yet kick ass charecters . He's incompetent yet he almost stole shredders helmet . They need to explain how he got the suit but i'm sure that will be in a later episode
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #208
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I just saw that now. Thanks for clearing that up. Glad Baxter will speak again though.
I'm glad it was just budget. Baxter seemed pretty depressed in this latest episode though. Sometimes when folks I know have rotten days, they talk very little or other times they don't talk at all. That mind has to be working around the clock, scheming and attempting to come up with some plan or another in order to get out of Shredder's clutches. I feel like this whole helmet ordeal was a big annoyance to Baxter since he's got other stuff on his plate at the moment. All Shredder and the other minions seem to offer Baxter are insults, so I bet there are days in which he doesn't feel like conversing with them at all. Hell, no one even gets his name right. So I imagine he's like,"Why bother?," at times. No excuse for him acting the way he does, however.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #209
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, very true. He was probably having an off day and didn't feel like talking, which would make sense for the character. Honestly, though, I love the name botching thing. It's just such a funny gag.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #210
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

^ It does make sense. The fact that he even said he can't trust anybody really proves his self-esteem was severely impacted and just adds on to the damage he's had to his self-esteem in the past.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #211
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I wonder why then he just doesn't leave? I know he's likely afraid, but there is often a certain point where most people would say 'Screw it, it's worth the risk.'

Plus he has the lab. He could at least attempt to come up with a retromutagen, just so he's trying.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #212
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
I posted this in general information, but I'll copy it over to here because it's relevant.

Brandon Auman: "...Sometimes we just go way over budget and we had to cut his 4-5 lines. Baxter will speak in the next ep, don't worry..."
So much for my theory of Baxter going the same route as OT Baxter. Gradually losing his intelligence.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #213
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I wonder why then he just doesn't leave? I know he's likely afraid, but there is often a certain point where most people would say 'Screw it, it's worth the risk.'

Plus he has the lab. He could at least attempt to come up with a retromutagen, just so he's trying.
Because like last time, unless Baxter wants to move out of the city, Rahzar can just smell him out like last time and Tiger Claw's superior senses can also aid in this.

That, and Shredder threatened Baxter that his final time of disobeying him will lead to a dire consequence and for Stockman, it's not worth the risk if he gets found out again. He also doesn't trust anybody so even if he does create Retro-Mutagen, he still can't trust the Foot to spare their life just to cure Shredder's mutant henchman. He has to do what they say or he's going to get killed off regardless of making the Retro-Mutagen.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #214
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So much for my theory of Baxter going the same route as OT Baxter. Gradually losing his intelligence.
That may still happen. I can see him stealing Donnie's notes on his efforts to create retromutagen, and try to replicate it himself and not getting it right.

We should ask ourselves: Does Donnie us code for what chemicals or things he uses just in case someone did steal his notes? Does he use a code name for April so if someone doe steal his notes on the retromutagen, he at least knows what the final ingredient is? Or does he have photographic memory and is able to remember all things needed for the Retromutagen without the use of notes?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #215
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Because like last time, unless Baxter wants to move out of the city, Rahzar can just smell him out like last time and Tiger Claw's superior senses can also aid in this.
Well, if moving out of the city is what it takes, then he might as well. And there is a way to get around their sense of smell, if he thinks of doing it. There is stuff that hunters use that they can apply to their clothes, it hides their scent so that the critter they're hunting can't smell them. In a pinch he he could even use baking soda to neutralize his smell. The only thing though is that he'd have to have a pair of clothes that are clean and he hasn't handled recently. He'd also have to shower almost right before he leaves with a scentless shampoo, or he'll still have scent on him. He would also have to find something to cover up any lingering odor, but it would have to be a smell that is normally found in the city, (like a strong trash smell) otherwise his smell will still kinda be trackable. He can do it, but he has to stop thinking like a city slicker and more like a hunter. Rahzar and Tigerclaw over-rely on their sense of smell because they think nobody can evade them that way, but a smart hunter knows several different ways to trick even that sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post

That, and Shredder threatened Baxter that his final time of disobeying him will lead to a dire consequence and for Stockman, it's not worth the risk if he gets found out again. He also doesn't trust anybody so even if he does create Retro-Mutagen, he still can't trust the Foot to spare their life just to cure Shredder's mutant henchman. He has to do what they say or he's going to get killed off regardless of making the Retro-Mutagen.
Sometimes a risk is worth taking, if the rest of your life will remain crappy if you don't. if Baxter's gone completely out of the city, Shredder won't want to leave it because of the Turtles. Plus he'll be hesitant to send his henchmen because once his is out of the city, Baxter could go anywhere he felt like. He has the advantage of being able to fly, none of the other guys have that. Plus nothing says he has to share any retromutagen he creates to cure Shredder's henchmen, he could cure himself and leave them to rot in their mutant forms while he goes and makes a new life for himself. That would be the best revenge for him, he becomes human again while they grow old and die as freaks.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #216
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Smile

I though that guy who has Rocksteady's mohawk would mutate. Very good episode, but the Shredder framed the boys with the Karai robot. What will happen next?
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #217
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Um, it's Bebop who has the mohawk, not Rocksteady.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #218
sdp
-

Beebop was pretty cool, I liked his high tech angle thief angle, but this episode pretty much "downgraded" all the mutants including Tiger Claw and Baxter into easily defeatable henchmen. The Shredder fight was cool but the Karai was a dummy was something I'd expect out of an 80s or 90s cartoon that has to keep the status quo but tries to trick you into thinking it was going to change.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #219
Sumac
Banned

Awesome episode.

It was quite too similar for the "Manhattan Project" and "Lonely Mutation...", but executed right. The pacing was optimal and nothing felt rushed or needless.

Steranko could have been an awesome secondary villain in his own right. He has GLORIOUS PRESENCE and a cool eye to boot. Anton Zeck was certainly by TRON and was aslo kind of cool. For "some" reason he has reminded me of Castor from Tron: Legacy.

Foot Clan backstory was nice, but I think, it should have been told much earlier in the show's run. Like maybe back in the first season. It was nice to see interaction between villain characters, that usually don't have screentime. I liked that Rahzar and Tiger Claw were rather friendly instead of expected "cat and dog" dynamic. Baxter lacking voice was strange, but I guess they couldn't get his actor for this episode.

Overall, great episode, if a bit fillerish.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop