The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Krang's Origins And explanation of mine

I always felt like they should have went into more detail on Krang's origins. They went into more detail on Shredder than Krang. I would have liked to see a flashback of Krang becoming a warlord, creating the Rock Soldiers, since they are basically mutant rocks created through the mutagen, his old partner in crime Shreeka and his co-worker Drakus AKA Beserko.

I would especially like them to explain how and why he lost his body. They actually never really went into too much detail on it. He said he was banished to Earth but what does it really mean? Was the war over and he was captured and stood trial for war crimes? Did they strip him of his body before he was banished or did he lose his body after he was banished?

What I'm thinking is that the war was still going on. It wasn't over because Krang clearly stated that his dimension is a place of a total war, a war that's been carried on since he was banished. None of the Rock Soldiers even knew he lost his body. If he was stripped of his body by the natives of Dimension X, or, whoever the Rock Soldiers were fighting, wouldn't they knew that Krang was publicly stripped of his body and reduced to a brain state. General Tragg asked him what happened to his body to which Krang replied. "It's a long story. I lost it when they banished me to this miserable mud ball." It seems to imply that he lost it when he was banished, not before he was banished. I don't recall him saying his opponents actually stripped him of his body.

My guess is this: The war was being fought and a secret heroic group the Rock Soldiers were fighting managed to infiltrate the Technodrome. Since the Technodrome was too powerful to fight head on, they did what Donatello did, which was mess with the circuitry and caused a dimensional portal to open and sucking up the Technodrome. I believe perhaps that while that happened, the Dimensional Portal malfunctioned and caused whoever to enter it, to be stripped of their body, explaining why he's without a body. We know entering a portal doesn't harm the user so something must have seriously went wrong, so I'm assuming it malfunctioned and stripped him of his body.

I'm thinking the Technodrome must have appeared underground or some place far from civilization, otherwise the army would have went after it. Shredder found it somehow, or maybe Krang sought out Shredder to use him. Shredder is obviously a brilliant scientist, able to fix stuff on the Technodrome. He gained the Techndrome's technology but he's smart enough to at least comprehend some of it, so maybe Krang sought him out for his resources since he also knew Shredder controlled the Foot Clan, and needed someone with some kind of fighting force I always thought it was strange Shredder didn't just kill Krang and took his technology but perhaps he knew deep down he needed him since he often went to him for advice as Krang is more intelligent than Shredder, since in Episode 2 he asked how he could defeat the Turtles, so maybe he just wanted to use him for his knowledge until all of his enemies were destroyed. Likewise Krang planned to betray him, too. He actually kind of did once he got his body as he said that Shredder must obey him from now on, no longer wanting just a partnership, but a slave.

This is just my guess and wondered what you thought.

Last edited by Yabuturtle; 06-06-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:01 AM   #2
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
I always felt like they should have went into more detail on Krang's origins. They went into more detail on Shredder than Krang. I would have liked to see a flashback of Krang becoming a warlord, creating the Rock Soldiers, since they are basically mutant rocks created through the mutagen, his old partner in crime Shreeka and his co-worker Drakus AKA Beserko.

I would especially like them to explain how and why he lost his body. They actually never really went into too much detail on it. He said he was banished to Earth but what does it really mean? Was the war over and he was captured and stood trial for war crimes? Did they strip him of his body before he was banished or did he lose his body after he was banished?

What I'm thinking is that the war was still going on. It wasn't over because Krang clearly stated that his dimension is a place of a total war, a war that's been carried on since he was banished. None of the Rock Soldiers even knew he lost his body. If he was stripped of his body by the natives of Dimension X, or, whoever the Rock Soldiers were fighting, wouldn't they knew that Krang was publicly stripped of his body and reduced to a brain state. General Tragg asked him what happened to his body to which Krang replied. "It's a long story. I lost it when they banished me to this miserable mud ball." It seems to imply that he lost it when he was banished, not before he was banished. I don't recall him saying his opponents actually stripped him of his body.

My guess is this: The war was being fought and a secret heroic group the Rock Soldiers were fighting managed to infiltrate the Technodrome. Since the Technodrome was too powerful to fight head on, they did what Donatello did, which was mess with the circuitry and caused a dimensional portal to open and sucking up the Technodrome. I believe perhaps that while that happened, the Dimensional Portal malfunctioned and caused whoever to enter it, to be stripped of their body, explaining why he's without a body. We know entering a portal doesn't harm the user so something must have seriously went wrong, so I'm assuming it malfunctioned and stripped him of his body.

I'm thinking the Technodrome must have appeared underground or some place far from civilization, otherwise the army would have went after it. Shredder found it somehow, or maybe Krang sought out Shredder to use him. Shredder is obviously a brilliant scientist, able to fix stuff on the Technodrome. He gained the Techndrome's technology but he's smart enough to at least comprehend some of it, so maybe Krang sought him out for his resources since he also knew Shredder controlled the Foot Clan, and needed someone with some kind of fighting force I always thought it was strange Shredder didn't just kill Krang and took his technology but perhaps he knew deep down he needed him since he often went to him for advice as Krang is more intelligent than Shredder, since in Episode 2 he asked how he could defeat the Turtles, so maybe he just wanted to use him for his knowledge until all of his enemies were destroyed. Likewise Krang planned to betray him, too. He actually kind of did once he got his body as he said that Shredder must obey him from now on, no longer wanting just a partnership, but a slave.

This is just my guess and wondered what you thought.
Interesting thoughts and quiet a good theory. I still think Krang lied about his body and that the body he lost was this little bubble walker and not the reptilian body they showed in Season 7 i think it was. For the start, the FW Cartoon also was unstable on what exactly now was Krangs background. They switched it from normal brains to reptilian creatures and back, so no real consistence was there in the beginning.

The strange thing is, the theme of his old body never came up ever since he got his android body so either he really wanted a better body for himself so he wouldn't be so helpless anymore, or he never had another body to begin with and just said so that Shredder builds him his robot.

Its hard to say as the cartoon was not that reliable in its sources of characters but as i said i like your theory just think a little different than you

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressOfShadows View Post
Interesting thoughts and quiet a good theory. I still think Krang lied about his body and that the body he lost was this little bubble walker and not the reptilian body they showed in Season 7 i think it was. For the start, the FW Cartoon also was unstable on what exactly now was Krangs background. They switched it from normal brains to reptilian creatures and back, so no real consistence was there in the beginning.

The strange thing is, the theme of his old body never came up ever since he got his android body so either he really wanted a better body for himself so he wouldn't be so helpless anymore, or he never had another body to begin with and just said so that Shredder builds him his robot.

Its hard to say as the cartoon was not that reliable in its sources of characters but as i said i like your theory just think a little different than you
I suppose he could have lied, but I don't know, he seemed pretty distraught about losing his body. If he just lost his bubble walker, I don't think he would have been as upset about it. If it was just his bubble walker Tragg probably would have had an easier time recognizing him, but in the show he almost didn't recognize him. He also had a habit of making reptilian-like croaks and sounds, also implying that he had a reptilian body.

Also when Beserko saw Krang, he didn't even know that was Krang until he overheard Donatello saying Krang's name when Donatello was trying to capture him, and Krang was using his bubble walker at the time. That's why I didn't think his body was his bubble walker, otherwise Beserko definitely would have recognized him.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I suppose he could have lied, but I don't know, he seemed pretty distraught about losing his body. If he just lost his bubble walker, I don't think he would have been as upset about it. If it was just his bubble walker Tragg probably would have had an easier time recognizing him, but in the show he almost didn't recognize him. He also had a habit of making reptilian-like croaks and sounds, also implying that he had a reptilian body.

Also when Beserko saw Krang, he didn't even know that was Krang until he overheard Donatello saying Krang's name when Donatello was trying to capture him, and Krang was using his bubble walker at the time. That's why I didn't think his body was his bubble walker, otherwise Beserko definitely would have recognized him.
well we never can be sure due to the inaccuracy of the cartoon. So either theories can be right. I prefer him as solemnly brain though

Old 06-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #5
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
well we never can be sure due to the inaccuracy of the cartoon. So either theories can be right. I prefer him as solemnly brain though
Here's hoping they do something to explain some of his origins. He's actually rather mysterious. We don't know about Krang losing his body or even if he had a body to begin with and just used machines, we don't know how he became warlord of Dimension X, there's not too much detail on his partnerships with Shreeka or Beserko, or how he first met Shredder. I would like it if they had a movie explaining these origins.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #6
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Here's hoping they do something to explain some of his origins. He's actually rather mysterious. We don't know about Krang losing his body or even if he had a body to begin with and just used machines, we don't know how he became warlord of Dimension X, there's not too much detail on his partnerships with Shreeka or Beserko, or how he first met Shredder. I would like it if they had a movie explaining these origins.
pretty much that. Its a shame we will never get the opportunity to find out.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #7
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
pretty much that. Its a shame we will never get the opportunity to find out.
Why I think there probably won't be a movide dedicated to that, you just never know what they have in store for us. I never thought there'd be a team up with the OT turtles and 03 Turtles, but there was in Turtles Forever. So we just never know!

Tags
krang