The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #21
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I really think TigerClaw should be banned if he shares another Brad Fuller interview. Or anything else that likens TMNT adaptations to polishing a turd.
I second this motion
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:02 PM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Seriously ToTheNines needs to let go of this hate, he's acting like a child holding a grudge.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #23
ToTheNines
[sic]

Look, as nerdy, lame and ultimately meaningless as it is... TMNT is something I'm passionate about.

So you repeatedly propagating filth that has so much contempt for the brand on a forum for TMNT... is frustrating.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #24
Commenter 42
Banned

@ TC,

He has a point.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:54 PM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Look, as nerdy, lame and ultimately meaningless as it is... TMNT is something I'm passionate about.

So you repeatedly propagating filth that has so much contempt for the brand on a forum for TMNT... is frustrating.
There are people that like the Fred Wolf TMNT more then any of the other incarnations, and that's because they grew up with that, your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.

And I'm super passionate about anything 80s TMNT related.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #26
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
There are people that like the Fred Wolf TMNT more then any of the other incarnations, and that's because they grew up with that, your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.

No you're not. You've repeatedly said you didn't like the Mirage books. Also, the fact that you said in another thread that one of your favorite scenes was B&R checking out their junk means you're not super passionate about the Fred Wolf toon.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
No you're not. You've repeatedly said you didn't like the Mirage books. Also, the fact that you said in another thread that one of your favorite scenes was B&R checking out their junk means you're not super passionate about the Fred Wolf toon.
I didn't like the mirage books cause of the tone, if your first exposure to TMNT was the cartoon, you have this conception that the mirage comic is like the cartoon, I tried to read it, but wasn't getting into it, so the Archie series books were more my liking, that whole B&R think was just one of the jokes i was amused cause it's so true, I liked everything B&R in it, cause its one of the things I remember the most from Fred Wolf, which I have the most memories of, I have the DVD Box set of the series.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:07 PM   #28
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
I didn't like the mirage books cause of the tone, if your first exposure to TMNT was the cartoon, you have this conception that the cartoon is like the mirage comic, I tried to read it, but wasn't getting into it, so the Archie series books were more my liking, that whole B&R think was just one of the jokes i was amused cause it's so true, I liked everything B&R in it, cause its one of the things I remember the most from Fred Wolf, which I have the most memories of.
I know you don't like the Mirage books but you said you were "super passionate about anything 80s TMNT related" - Mirage started in the 80s
Old 06-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

None of this has anything to do with his point, which is that you say you share the opinion of those whose videos you post, & that recently included someone saying "TMNT is basically like polishing a turd anyway" in the context of whether or not their film's quality is of importance.

That is pretty suggestive of your view on the franchise too if it's the sort of thing you would align yourself with.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I know you don't like the Mirage books but you said you were "super passionate about anything 80s TMNT related" - Mirage started in the 80s
I think you read that wrong, i meant the 80s TMNT as in the cartoons, remember, Fred Wolf is where I discovered it, everything I remember will always lead to that.

Everyone has a frame of reference where they heard TMNT.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #31
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just go grab a Torrent from and watch away. Anything but pay money for the movie.
Well I just tried to do that and the website shat in my face. CANT THAT ALEJANDRO KID ON YOUTUBE WHO RECORDED CLIPS FROM THE LAST MOVIE DO IT AGAIN? Also didn't the DvD for the first movie come out like 2 or 3 months after the theatrical release? I heard this one's DvD is coming out in October, why not release it early here?
Old 06-16-2016, 06:20 PM   #32
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
I think you read that wrong, i meant the 80s TMNT as in the cartoons, remember, Fred Wolf is where I discovered it, everything I remember will always lead to that.

Everyone has a frame of reference where they heard TMNT.
I didn't read anything wrong. You just did a poor job of conveying what you meant.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #33
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:

Stop saying that. I did not grow up with my favorite version, if I even have one.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #34
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
& according to one interview, they didn't have his design (or animation, subsequently) until a week & a half before the first screenings.
That might be the least surprising thing I've read about this movie yet.

Quote:
your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.
I grew up with Fred Wolf, and it's not my favourite version. I actually find most of it pretty hard to watch now. It had its moments, but I feel like the majority of the run really hasn't aged well.

I can still appreciate it for what it is, but not everyone clings to nostalgia just because they saw something when they were a kid. And that's good. Tastes should evolve and properties should grow.

Last edited by Bry; 06-16-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.
Yeah, not me either. I grew up with the Fred Wolf crap but grew out of it quick. Luckily it was a gateway drug to TMNT material that is not crap.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 PM   #36
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Not necessarily. I grew up hard core into the fred Wolfe tmnt and it stopped being my favorite incarnation along time ago. If the 2k3 series hadn't have came out and I'd never discovered the original mirage books I'm positive I'd be no where near as interested in the turtles as I am today. All I'd have is nostalgic memories of a cartoon I used to love that's kinda hard to sit through now
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:34 PM   #37
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Mirage and I only found out about that version 4 years ago. I grew up with the OT loved it then, but now I just wish it go away for awhile.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:49 PM   #38
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

I haven't read much of Mirage, just the first 12 or so issues and I agree that it's any other turtles version with maybe the exception of IDW.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:12 AM   #39
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I haven't seen the movie yet, I just finished downloading the torrent and skimmed through a bit.

And wow, Krang looks terrible. The android body is a complete joke, why even have the nose and eyes if you're gonna screw the whole design up and make it less human looking...

Krang looks bad too and that voice is so distracting and grating.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #40
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I haven't seen the movie yet, I just finished downloading the torrent and skimmed through a bit.

And wow, Krang looks terrible. The android body is a complete joke, why even have the nose and eyes if you're gonna screw the whole design up and make it less human looking...

Krang looks bad too and that voice is so distracting and grating.
How's the quality? Cam?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
krang