The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-25-2022, 06:35 AM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

My vision for a TMNT movie, Would be one that's based on the IDW comics, I feel that in order to fully achieve it, You would need to use the same tech that's being used for the Avatar movies, Even though the last two movies did use motion capture, But not quite on the level of those movies, So I would like to see them bring more emotion to it, and make the action and fight scenes a lot more intense like in the style of those John Wick movies.

I would like to see some of the mutants on it, Like Old Hobs, Mutanimals, You name it, And also the Triceratons would be cool to see as well.

I do not want to redo the origin as its been done to death every iteration, So instead, Start the movie at some point where the Turtles have already been established, And if you need to explain the origin, Do it as a series of flash back scenes.
Old 12-25-2022, 07:12 AM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

The problem with the "Let's not do the origin again because everyone already knows it" is that it's based on an incorrect assumption. First off, you can't assume everyone knows the origin and those who don't might need to.. You know, get an explanation as to why four mutant turtles with martial arts exist in the first place. Secondly, the origin can and has varied quite a bit throughout the franchise's history, so several people who were fans to begin with can have very different ideas on what their origin is. Very broadly, you can divide their origin into two versions, one in which they are pet store turtles mutated by a spill and one in which they are escaped lab animals who were (more or less) mutated intentionally. So which is it to "everyone"? Pet store and spill or lab experiment?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:50 PM   #23
Chris
Mad Scientist

If I had control of the franchise I would do 3 things:

Leave the upcoming movie (and animated series?) for the kids.

Add a second animated show aimed at fans who grew up on the OT. Basically a spiritual sequel to OT along the lines of MOTU: Revelation. So you can have all the nostalgia trappings (pizza, reporter April, Bebop & Rocksteady, etc) but also have a stronger story and allow the characters to grow up. Have the death of Splinter, have the final battle with Shredder, etc.

And finally, a live action series more along the lines of the Netflix Daredevil show that would basically be a Mirage adaptation. Three seasons, first covering Vol. 1 #1 through to the retreat to Northampton, the second covering up to Return to New York, third season City at War. Obviously wouldn't adapt everything but enough to cover the core story.

This is the part I really, really want but doubt we will see as the budget would be too much. Plus it would need a commitment to at least 2 of the three seasons (you could end after RTNY but definitely not on the retreat) before you start. Maybe as an animated series it would be a more realistic prospect but I really want live action for this.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:59 AM   #24
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

I just happened to be on the forums from being bored over the holidays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't come on as much as I used to, either daily or weekly anymore. I feel this is a recurring topic but it won't stop me from engaging.

If I had a say or even control, I think I'd want a balance that the 2012 series did. I love the mix of Mirage, Fred Wolf, the movies and even the 2003 series. They did little bits of Archie too but I'd dive more into incorporating and amalgamating all iterations of it.

So for me I'd use everything we have up to this point, I'd use elements of Mirage (even asking members such as Andrew, there used be a user named Karpo WAY BACK WHEN, and former Mirage staff and fans), the Fred Wolf cartoon, the movies, the 1987-1996 Playmates toyline, the Archie Comics, Turtle RPG Other Tales of Strangeness, the video games, 2003 series, 2012, IDW and even Rise.

FEW MISC THOUGHTS

- I'd keep April as a reporter, I'd love to use the idea of Krang being a rogue Utrom instead of being a separate character from an unknown race.

- One thing I've loved about 2012, is introducing new mutants. Having Snakeweed, Spider Bytez and then Shredder's two henchman being Dogpound and Fishface before Bebop & Rocksteady which was the expected choice was really cool.

- So I'd continue that tradition, not just NEW mutants, but NEW human characters, villains, demons, aliens etc. Keep building and expand the universe.

- I also liked the idea of Shredder from 2012 having a large group of mutants (Dogpound, Fishface, Baxter, Tigerclaw, Bebop & Rocksteady) so I would keep that or have rogue factions either solo or go off on their own. I found that so interesting.

ADAPTATIONS

I would adapt Archie because I feel they really have been forgotten. There are so many interesting arcs such as meeting Cudley, wresting on Stump Asteroid, leaving New York and exploring South America meeting Jagwar, Dreadmon, introducing Null, Maligna, Scull & Bean, seeing the Mighty Mutanimals form, meeting the Warrior Dragon and Ninjara. Meeting Armaggon, The Future Shark Trilogy with the Future Turtles. Then of course their world tour arc with Al Falqua, Katmandu, Golani. And not forgetting the stand alone characters such as The Uncanny Trio, Monsterex, Pig Foot, Sea Dog, Kid Cortex, Oxy Moron, Vid Vicious, Wyrym and Scumbug, and Chameleon.

There's also interesting standalone stories such as the skeleton ghost ship or Monsterex,

I would HEAVILY FOCUS on continuity and being serialized and worldbuilding. Don't get me wrong I love stand alone episodes too.

WORLDBUILDING

SEWER WORLD

I love the sewer having a plethora of characters so its not always Shredder or Krang.

You have the Turtles, Splinter, Metalhead, Rat King, Mondo Gecko, Muckman, Ray, Scumbug and Wyrm. With possibly Mona Lisa and Ninjara and Leatherhead coming and going depending where his alliance stands.

NEW YORK CITY

In New York area you have Shredder, Krang, Tatsu, April, Bebop, Rocksteady, Rahzar, Tokka, Dogpound, Fishface, Tigerclaw, Snakeweed, Spider Bytez, Baxter Stockman, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Mutagen Man, Warrior Dragon, Keno, Zach, Tempestra, Pizza Face (Human Chef), Pigeon Pete, Old Hob, Alopex, Chameleon (depending if he's in New York on a mission), Perri Grey, Anti-Mutant Turtle Squad, Dirk Savage, Crooked Mutant Ninja Turtle Squad and Channel 6 News Crew.

FLORIDA

You have the Punk Frogs in Florida and again depending on Leatherhead's alliance or if he's a neutral character.. I'd love to see their base, do they they have a vehicle such as an Air boat? Who are their friends? Who are their enemies?

WORLD

I've recently being watching Gargoyles and their World Tour Arc reminded me of what Archie did. I would have loved to see toy only characters such as Sargent Bananas, Walkabout be included. There are so many opportunities exploring locales and countries such as South America, Japan, The Middle East, Nepal so you can have The Mighty Mutaniamals, Conversation Corps, The Uncanny Trio, Null, Vid Vicious, Gang of Four, Al Falqua, Katmandu, Golani, Pig Foot, Sea Dog, Kid Cortex, Oxy Moron, Merdude, Slash, and Chameleon. as well as original characters.

THE UNIVERSE

Now in space, the Universe and well as the multiverse you have Cudley the Cowlick, Stump & Sling on Stump Asteroid, Fugitoid, The Triceratons, Bellybomb, Dimension X with the General Tragg and the rock soldiers, the Neutrinos, Maligna, Scull & Bean, Lord Dregg etc

THE MUTANTS

Now I'm biased because I've ALWAYS LOVED THE MUTANTS (I think it comes from being a huge animal lover but also loving monsters), so my vision would have lots of mutants.

ADPATATIONS

I'd love to see Ray from Fred Wolf return, Mona Lisa's character from Fred Wolf. I'd love to see Rahzar and Tokka's incarnation from the cartoon. I thought they were so much more interesting to explore. Ace Duck finally getting adapted (Hopefully as a fighter pilot/spy). Bloodsucker from Mirage, Tora from TMNT II: The Arcade Game, Shaun O'Hair from the RPG, but also characters from IDW, such as Old Hob, Alopex, Koya, Bludgeon, Angleron, Jennika, Diamond, Bandit and The Slithery.

CHARACTER RETURNS

I'm hoping we see the returns of Snakeweed, Spider Bytez, Tiger Claw, Newtralizer, Meat Sweats and Repomantis. I like the idea of another plant based mutant like The Creep if it's actually a developed character opposed to an homage.

INCONSISTENT MUTAGEN

I'd like if we're going to have inconsistent mutagen that it's because rogue scientists altered it so we got characters like Ray, Mona Lisa or Dog Pound with his giant arm, Fishface missing his legs, Spider Bytez being a huge spider as opposed to an anthropomorphic spider. PLEASE DEAR GOD NO GIANT PIZZA FACE or Squirrelanoids.

This would also allow you do giant insects from the Fred Wolf cartoon maybe adaptation Needlenose and Killer Bee and explaining Muckman and Mutagen Man's mutations.

This would allow rogue scientists maybe facing off with not only the Turtles but Shredder and Krang if Mutagen is constantly falling in the wrong hands.

And with inconsistent mutagen there could be more feral mutants or mutants that aren't sentient. It MADE NO SENSE that Kirby and Dr. Rockwell lost their humanity IMMEDIATELY whereas Dogpound, Fishface,Tigerclaw, Bebop & Rocksteady, Mondo Gecko were their normal selves.

BEING WARY OF TOO MANY HOMAGES

I don't mind Ciro, Brandon or other writers wanting to create monsters whether their sentient or just homages but maybe just focus on creating less homages and original characters as opposed to hey let's do an Aliens Ripoff with the Xenomorphs being squirrels, The Creep being Jason Vorhees or the ghost being the guy from Big Trouble in Little China.

ARCS, GROUP AFFILIATIONS

There's no reason why the Mighty Mutaniamals can't expand or separate groups like the Punk Frogs or Conversation Corps to emerge. While the 2012 played with the Mutanimals roster there's no reason one of the Punk Frogs, couldn't join as a reserve member such as Raphael. You could have Ace Duck, Chameleon, Mona Lisa, Ninjara, Perri Grey, Walkabout and Al Falqua.

Another interesting thought is Leatherhead and one or all of the Punk Frogs forging a friendship or Ray who left more of a neutral character forming a relationship with Man Ray.

You could also have arc such as the Archie Turtle/Mutaniamals crossover but adding on where the Turtles, The Mighty Mutanimals, Punk Frogs and Conservation Corps coming together to fight a new existing worldwide threat.

I do like the Mutant Town arc in IDW and I feel there's a place for Baron Draxum and Big Mama without the oozesquitos that could be really interesting.

Another thought I still feel is such a MISSED OPPORTUNITY was the Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter episode. What a great way to incorporate the mutants such as the Punk Frogs, Mondo Gecko, Mona Lisa, Muckman and Ray.

You also have mutants such as Bebop & Rocksteady getting kidnapped that the Turtles having to save would have been an interesting dilemma.

And continuing the Anti Mutant Turtle Squad thread from "Invasion of the Punk Frogs", maybe Dirk Savage went off on his own, ala renegade for hire and got blinded by A.J. Howard's rhetoric. Also maybe make A.J. Howard an actual character that would turn into a legitimate threat adding him to the rogue's gallery. AS a side note, Slugs or snail mutants are cool.

It could have been an interesting arc, maybe incorporating Mutant Town from IDW or other mutants from outside New York to help out.

FUTURE MOVIES

In terms of movies, as as I have a HUGE rat phobia, I'd love to see Rat King as the villain in a movie, Leatherhead could be great, or just creating a new villain like Max Winters from the 2007 film.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts. What does everyone else think? Do you love Archie as much as I do? Which characters do you either wish were more developed or return in the next iteration?

Last edited by Mondo_Gecko; 12-29-2022 at 01:28 AM.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:32 AM   #25
D-ray
Foot Soldier

I'd make a new 2D series similar to the 2003 one without the exaggerated censorship of 4Kids.
Not necessarily loyal to the comics again, but sure I would make it more appealing to teenagers/adults rather than kids.

Yeah, basically the 4Kids series without 4Kids.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:54 PM   #26
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ray View Post
I'd make a new 2D series similar to the 2003 one without the exaggerated censorship of 4Kids.
Not necessarily loyal to the comics again, but sure I would make it more appealing to teenagers/adults rather than kids.

Yeah, basically the 4Kids series without 4Kids.
That's exactly what I would've done. I wouldn't go hard R with it, but I'd want to be able to show blood and a bit of foul language like in the comics.

If it was gonna lean towards any version, I'd choose Mirage, but I'd still want it to be a bit of it's own thing too.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote