The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-20-2023, 05:51 AM   #21
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
One thing that always bothered me in the FW series was how the Turtles referred to each other as friends instead of brothers.

I don't care about the biological aspect since that's not the point. Fmaimy doesn't necessarily have to be blood related. Splinter is their "father" in most versions and it's obvious he's not biologically related to them. April in the 2k3 series has told Leonardo they were fmaoly at least once and again, she sure as hell isn't biologically related to the Turtles or Splinter.

To me the Turtles are clearly brothers. Whether they're biologically related or not. They grew up together and were raised by the same rat. They don't know who their biological parents are.
I didn't even know they were brothers until I started reading the Archie Comics, which even though were based on the FW show, still had the standard TMNT fare such as:

-The TMNT being brothers
-The TMNT calling each other by their nicknames
-Raph being the angry Turtle.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:05 AM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
One thing that always bothered me in the FW series was how the Turtles referred to each other as friends instead of brothers.
Same, in a way it sorta feels like it puts a little distance in their bond, like it lessened it slightly? Something like that.

Even weirder to me is when Splinter referred to them as friends. I don't think it happend very many times, but that one bothered me even more. Way to remove yourself from being their father figure, Splinter. Grow up raised by someone you consider your parent, even if they weren't or never formally adopted you, then one day it's just "nah, I'm just your friend." Oh, wow, real nice, thanks. lol

Quote:
Fmaimy... fmaoly...
You okay?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Even weirder to me is when Splinter referred to them as friends. I don't think it happend very many times, but that one bothered me even more. Way to remove yourself from being their father figure, Splinter. Grow up raised by someone you consider your parent, even if they weren't or never formally adopted you, then one day it's just "nah, I'm just your friend." Oh, wow, real nice, thanks. lol

That part has always sounded weird to me. Even in the OT, Splinter still had that 'sensei' type respect. Like you just can't call him rat-face dude-guy. , you have to show the proper respect. So it's weird when he breaks that 'code' and just refers to them as friends.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 02:01 PM   #24
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Well, it’s possible that they all came from the same turtle farm, as Leonardo once said in “Next Mutation” (different universe I know). At the end of episode “Turtles, Turtles Everywhere”, Michelangelo tearfully said to April that the sea turtle reminded him of his mom. Notice that he didn’t say “our” mom.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:18 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Well, it’s possible that they all came from the same turtle farm, as Leonardo once said in “Next Mutation” (different universe I know). At the end of episode “Turtles, Turtles Everywhere”, Michelangelo tearfully said to April that the sea turtle reminded him of his mom. Notice that he didn’t say “our” mom.
I suppose Mikey would have a legit chance of having lingering memories of pre-mutation life since he remembered subconsciously the presence of the gecko who would become Mondo in the sewer lair.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote