The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-14-2022, 06:09 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Got the game recently.

I ahd seen some people complain about glitches and such but I don't think I've seen any. A bit of a framerate slowdown at times sure, but that's common on the Switch tbh.

The game seems fine. I'm still early in it. Haven't challenged my 1st gym yet. Still trying to get used to the 3D aspect of it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:19 PM   #22
Turo602
The King of Kings

Hope you got Violet instead of sh*tty Scarlet.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Hope you got Violet instead of sh*tty Scarlet.
Literally what is the difference?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:32 PM   #24
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Literally what is the difference?
Only the dopest Professor in all of Pokemon.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:15 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Only the dopest Professor in all of Pokemon.
Oh, that sexy cavewoman type professor everyone's been talking about.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 02:25 PM   #26
Sumac
Banned

I think, Gordon Freechad is cooler than a cavewoman.
Spoiler:
Also, he fits more, given the story.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:25 PM   #27
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Oh, that sexy cavewoman type professor everyone's been talking about.
I chose Violet over Scarlet, but I don't remember why. Probably some Pokemon or whatever.

That aside, with the Pokemon games, for me anyway, it depends on the story and gameplay. I played the first gen games (Red/Blue/Green...Yellow to an extent, but that was based a little bit closer to the anime) and they were fun. Your character trying to become the best trainer to complete the Professor's Pokedex and coming across an evil organization that exploited, or possibly killed Pokemon (Slowpoke tail anyone?) for money and whatever and your thwarting their plans. You defeated them, took out the boss which caused the organization to disband, you fight against the Elite 4, the end. Gen 2, three years later, you have a new trainer from a new region (based on the Kansai region of Japan from my memory and I liked it a lot), Red from the Red/Green/Blue games kinda vanished and the Rocket Gang were back trying to find their boss. You could play in the Kanto region and the newer region and that’s the Gold/Silver games. At the end, you do fight against Sakaki/Giovanni again and defeat him and the Rocket Gang is officially disbanded. You then have that bonus fight on Mt. Silver against Red, which was kind of epic, since he’d vanished or whatever. Gold/Silver was a fun sequel.

After that, I was lukewarm with the games. I couldn't get into Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire) or Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl). The remakes of Gold/Silver (Heart Gold/Soul Silver) brought me back in. I still say Sakaki killed himself at the end...but hey, it's just a theory. That got us into Gen 5 with Black/Black 2/White/White 2. Those games brought me back into the series because of the story and the protagonist(s) of the games being older. I pre-ordered Black (in Japan), and enjoyed it a lot and then pre-ordered Black 2, which was a direct sequel to it.

Next Gen, X/Y....meh. That was...not very memorable and I was pulled out again interest wise. I finished it, but...eh.

Next Gen, didn't get since I lost my 3DS when going back to Japan...but I don't think it would've held my interest. Sword/Shield either, getting down to it.

Still wish I could remember what made me pre-order Violet. lol

Out of the Gens I've played, though, Gen 2 and 5 are my favorites. Going back, I liked that you could go back and play the Kanto region stuff. Using the Shinkansen to go back and forth between the regions was awesome and it's even more fun while playing the games and using the Shinkansen while RIDING on the Shinkansen. lol

As mentioned, the gaming mechanics are usually pretty similar...might have a new gimmick here or there, but for me personally, if I don't find the story interesting or if the antagonists don't have some kind of interesting motivations as to why they are acting the way they are, I can't fully get into the games. I think that was my issue with Pokemon X. I think the evil organization wanted people to dress cool or some nonsense.

Last edited by ssjup81; 12-26-2022 at 01:29 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote