Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-22-2022, 06:11 PM   #1
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Help! I'm needing a comprehensive list of Mutants from all iterations

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is well.

I'm working on an article for work, regarding the lack of consistency of Mutagen.

I'm trying to compile a list of mutants from Mirage, Fred Wolf, Archie, Nick 2012, IDW, Rise, the video games and RPG and board games.

I've scoured TMNTPedia, but I want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I'm specifically thinking of characters like Cobrato, giant bug and bull monster from Fred Wolf. Pig-Foot and Sea dog, Bookworm, Perri Grey, Kid Cortex and Oxymoron from Archie.

Bloodsucker was a mutant leech from Mirage that sucked Raphael's blood. Correct?

I'm less familiar with the Rise and IDW mutants, so any help would be appreciated. I know there's a ton now due to the "Mutagen Bomb" in the IDW series.

Does anyone have PDFs of Turtles and other Strangeness" just so I can get accurate pics and info?

And was Tora, the polar bear confirmed at a mutant in TMNT II: The Arcade Game?

Thanks so much everyone,

Mondo
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Gecko View Post
Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is well.

I'm working on an article for work, regarding the lack of consistency of Mutagen.

I'm trying to compile a list of mutants from Mirage, Fred Wolf, Archie, Nick 2012, IDW, Rise, the video games and RPG and board games.

I've scoured TMNTPedia, but I want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I'm specifically thinking of characters like Cobrato, giant bug and bull monster from Fred Wolf. Pig-Foot and Sea dog, Bookworm, Perri Grey, Kid Cortex and Oxymoron from Archie.

Bloodsucker was a mutant leech from Mirage that sucked Raphael's blood. Correct?

I'm less familiar with the Rise and IDW mutants, so any help would be appreciated. I know there's a ton now due to the "Mutagen Bomb" in the IDW series.

Does anyone have PDFs of Turtles and other Strangeness" just so I can get accurate pics and info?

And was Tora, the polar bear confirmed at a mutant in TMNT II: The Arcade Game?

Thanks so much everyone,

Mondo
Yes, Bloodsucker was a mutant leech that mutated after sucking Raph's blood.

Tora was an intergalactic bounty hunter from the planet Traglodoon, so not a mutant.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:40 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's countless characters now if you include random background mutants in IDW's mutant town arc and the Nick cartoon.

I'd say pre-Nick era you could probably make a definitive list of mutants.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:46 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

OK, let's see what I can contribute:

Canonically, the only other mutant to be created through the Utrom Ooze in Mirage is Leatherhead, as far as I know. Beyond that though, the failed clones of Shredder might count. Members of the Justice Force may have been Mutants in the X-Men sense of the word but their origins are hardly ever mentioned.

I know you excluded 4Kids show, which I assume is because it rarely featured other humanoid animal mutants, the only other one is Leatherhead and aside from that we have Hun along with the guys Shredder mutated in Turtles Forever. But the underground mutants may or may not have been mutated through Utrom Ooze or something similar. J. Finn, the guy Bishop experimented on, would qualify as a mutant. I'm pretty sure Bishop himself is a mutant of sorts, even if his human appearance isn't compromised. Baxter's transformation in Fast Forward might count. We also have the mutants created by the staged alien invasion. Then of course there are clones and AU versions of the Turtles, though that might not count because of how cheap that would be.

For Fred Wolf, not sure honestly. There are a bunch of really weird ones, like a hamster that completely turned human and a bunch of microbes that fused together with ice to form a giant humanoid, so it's kind of insane to try and list them all.

With Archie it's a little easier, discounting what was directly inherited from Fred Wolf: Ray, Manmoth, Mondo, Wyrm, that Chameleon guy, the Conservation Corps, The Uncanny Trio, Manx and Bob. Dreadmon is supernatural, so not really a mutant. Slash is excluded because he's seemingly not a mutant, just some weird alien that looks like the Turtles by coincidence.

IDW... Look, let's just ignore Mutant Town because A, most are background fodder and B, most of them are likely going to return to human form at some point. Let's also ignore time travel and alternate universes. With that in mind you have Hob, Alopex, his Mutanimals, Dreadmon, Slash (his clones), Zodi, the Fly-Borgs, Krisa, Leatherhead, Wyrm, Anchovy and the Gang of Four (who are evidence that mutations can be reversed through cybernetic pumps and the reason I doubt most mutants will remain mutants). All things considered, IDW was fairly restrained with this until Mutant Town. Beyond that, you Bishop who appears to be a natural Mutant and Ravenwood who is a failed experiment.

2012 and Rise have a similar problem to Fred Wolf in the sense that they just keep doing weird nonsense with the Mutagen.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:11 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Turtlepedia

The Turtlepedia has categories for mutans. Please note that it double-categorizes characters from Turtles Forever and the 2012 Nickelodeon cartoon crossovers .

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Mutants
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:18 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The Turtlepedia has categories for mutans. Please note that it double-categorizes characters from Turtles Forever and the 2012 Nickelodeon cartoon crossovers .

But he already stated that he knows about it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:45 PM   #7
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yes, Bloodsucker was a mutant leech that mutated after sucking Raph's blood.

Tora was an intergalactic bounty hunter from the planet Traglodoon, so not a mutant.
Thanks so much, Coola.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:47 PM   #8
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's countless characters now if you include random background mutants in IDW's mutant town arc and the Nick cartoon.

I'd say pre-Nick era you could probably make a definitive list of mutants.
Yeah, in regards to the explosion of mutants in IDW, it would probably easier to make a list from pre-Nick. Easier is not what I'm going after hahahaha
Old 11-23-2022, 05:47 PM   #9
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
OK, let's see what I can contribute:

Canonically, the only other mutant to be created through the Utrom Ooze in Mirage is Leatherhead, as far as I know. Beyond that though, the failed clones of Shredder might count. Members of the Justice Force may have been Mutants in the X-Men sense of the word but their origins are hardly ever mentioned.

I know you excluded 4Kids show, which I assume is because it rarely featured other humanoid animal mutants, the only other one is Leatherhead and aside from that we have Hun along with the guys Shredder mutated in Turtles Forever. But the underground mutants may or may not have been mutated through Utrom Ooze or something similar. J. Finn, the guy Bishop experimented on, would qualify as a mutant. I'm pretty sure Bishop himself is a mutant of sorts, even if his human appearance isn't compromised. Baxter's transformation in Fast Forward might count. We also have the mutants created by the staged alien invasion. Then of course there are clones and AU versions of the Turtles, though that might not count because of how cheap that would be.

For Fred Wolf, not sure honestly. There are a bunch of really weird ones, like a hamster that completely turned human and a bunch of microbes that fused together with ice to form a giant humanoid, so it's kind of insane to try and list them all.

With Archie it's a little easier, discounting what was directly inherited from Fred Wolf: Ray, Manmoth, Mondo, Wyrm, that Chameleon guy, the Conservation Corps, The Uncanny Trio, Manx and Bob. Dreadmon is supernatural, so not really a mutant. Slash is excluded because he's seemingly not a mutant, just some weird alien that looks like the Turtles by coincidence.

IDW... Look, let's just ignore Mutant Town because A, most are background fodder and B, most of them are likely going to return to human form at some point. Let's also ignore time travel and alternate universes. With that in mind you have Hob, Alopex, his Mutanimals, Dreadmon, Slash (his clones), Zodi, the Fly-Borgs, Krisa, Leatherhead, Wyrm, Anchovy and the Gang of Four (who are evidence that mutations can be reversed through cybernetic pumps and the reason I doubt most mutants will remain mutants). All things considered, IDW was fairly restrained with this until Mutant Town. Beyond that, you Bishop who appears to be a natural Mutant and Ravenwood who is a failed experiment.

2012 and Rise have a similar problem to Fred Wolf in the sense that they just keep doing weird nonsense with the Mutagen.
Thank you so much, Neotoman.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:48 PM   #10
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Thank you TMNT Fan! I didn't see that section and the grouping and categorizing is quite helpful.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:04 PM   #11
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Thank you TMNT Fan! I didn't see that section and the grouping and categorizing is quite helpful.