The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #481
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
That's bull.
Bringing bebop and rocksteady will only make this show stronger and much better if they are somewhat like they were in 87' cartoon
Then I'm calling bull.

This show already has two henchman with a decent amount of intelligence, and there's still a good amount of humor. They have taken the roles of bebop and rocksteady.

Adding bebop and rocksteady with their lack of intelligence and ability to always get in the way would make this show worse. Because this shredders not going to have patience for them and would be completely out of character for him to put up with them.

They need to be different than the 80s toon. Something needs to happen to fishface/rahzar, or bebop/rocksteady need to have a different plot, unless they're all 4 going to be henchman, which may also work
Old 08-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #482
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
Then I'm calling bull.

This show already has two henchman with a decent amount of intelligence, and there's still a good amount of humor. They have taken the roles of bebop and rocksteady.

Adding bebop and rocksteady with their lack of intelligence and ability to always get in the way would make this show worse. Because this shredders not going to have patience for them and would be completely out of character for him to put up with them.

They need to be different than the 80s toon. Something needs to happen to fishface/rahzar, or bebop/rocksteady need to have a different plot, unless they're all 4 going to be henchman, which may also work
Agreed.

I would find it very hard to believe if Shredder put up with the same type of Bebop and Rocksteady that we got in the 80's cartoon, as this Shredder doesn't tolerate failure.

I don't know why people want an exact copy-paste of everything 80's, but I swear, it's like they aren't happy unless something directly duplicates their childhood nostalgia. I might have some childhood nostalgia, but I have an open mind too, and I'm glad this show doesn't try to be some crappy 80's reboot.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #483
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Agreed.

I would find it very hard to believe if Shredder put up with the same type of Bebop and Rocksteady that we got in the 80's cartoon, as this Shredder doesn't tolerate failure.

I don't know why people want an exact copy-paste of everything 80's, but I swear, it's like they aren't happy unless something directly duplicates their childhood nostalgia. I might have some childhood nostalgia, but I have an open mind too, and I'm glad this show doesn't try to be some crappy 80's reboot.
exactly, the nostalgia is from getting the characters. what makes it so great is a new take on them.

fly baxter, rahzar, rat king, slash, mutagen man. none of them are near what they used to be. all new, all different, but they still have the nostalgia to them
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #484
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
exactly, the nostalgia is from getting the characters. what makes it so great is a new take on them.

fly baxter, rahzar, rat king, slash, mutagen man. none of them are near what they used to be. all new, all different, but they still have the nostalgia to them
Indeed. It what makes these new takes interesting, since we don't know what will happen with them. It's always a surprise, and allows the writers to not be bogged down by a previous incarnation's 'history.'

I personally don't want Bebop and Rocksteady to be dumb. Even though I objected to them in the beginning, this new pair has the potential to win me over, and already the premise looks to be interesting. These two in this show didn't start out as oafs, and I'd love it if they stayed that way. I think it would truly be a let down if they were made stupid as it would feel like just another nerfing in progress, as that was a disappointment with the previous gold star henchmen. I just hope Ciro doesn't look on these boards and think he's gotta make them dumb, because we need some ace characters other then just Tigerclaw.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:08 AM   #485
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ro...action_figure)

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Be...action_figure)
Playmates revealed there origins on there site but took it down , turtlepedia has there origins though

Last edited by Venom; 12-14-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #486
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ro...action_figure)

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Be...action_figure)

Playmates revealed there origins on there site but took it down , turtlepedia has there origins though
seems like they've been there and wiped the origin from that site, too;(...what a bummer I really wanted to read this...can you give a description perhaps in spoiler thingies?

Last edited by Venom; 12-14-2014 at 05:04 PM.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #487
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Then I'm calling bull.

Quote:

I agree with you wholeheartedly, except for Rahzar. He's so different compared to his original that the nostalgia for him is completely gone.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #488
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
seems like they've been there and wiped the origin from that site, too;(...what a bummer I really wanted to read this...can you give a description perhaps in spoiler thingies?
Spoiler:
Rocksteady is Deranko and Bebop is Anton. Shredder punishes them by mutation.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #489
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
Pretty much shredder found out they tried t still his helmet and he mutated them dropping Steranko in rhino dna and Anton in boar dna
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #490
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post

Pretty much shredder found out they tried t still his helmet and he mutated them dropping Steranko in rhino dna and Anton in boar dna
Sounds cool to me, can't wait to see it happen.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #491
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm still seeing the descriptions on Playmates' site. I mean yeah, I also copied them to Turtlepedia, but might as well go to the source.

Tags
bebop, nick, rocksteady