Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2022, 09:05 AM   #21
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wow I had never realised season 6 had the fewest episodes with Shredder and Krang. Only 6 out of 17, really?

Season 7 is great. I don't include Europe in it. Those episodes were made during season 4. But for some odd reason, they only aired 3 years later.

Season 4 and 5 are the most sanitized seasons of the series. Michelangelo's nunchuks get faded out and replaced by the grappling hook and the show becomes a little too self-aware and society starts to become way too accepting of the Turtles.

Season 6 is from 1992... perhaps the action slowly returned due to falling ratings? That was the year when Turtlemania was starting to cool off, wasn't it? 1991 was still pretty hot due to SOTO. There was no movie in 1992. In 1993, the 3rd film came out, and it wasn't very liked.

Then in 1994, the Red Sky seasons begin. Clearly, the show was trying to regain some of its popularity again.
7 out of 16, actually. Despite what episode guides say, "Leonardo Is Missing" and "Rock Around the Block" aired together in the same hour block, since the Technodrome was still in the Arctic in both episodes.

Makes sense about the Europe episodes. Having them in Season 4 would've JUST had the episode count under 65.

Seasons 4 and 6 make sense there. I was still a fan despite the shortcomings in storytelling and lesser villains.

After slow amping up the action, it took a huge jump during Red Sky and the episode count dropped even more, and it became serialized. It made sense, but it sucked if your only chance to see those episodes was during the "repeat lull".
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote