The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-30-2022, 04:45 PM   #141
Leo656
The Franchise

Well clearly it was a general statement. You and Indigo are two of my best friends here, after all.

So I know you're still a bit new-ish as far as actively reading and posting often, so some of the texture of some of my comments might get lost in-between, so as I sometimes do, I'll take this moment to remind everyone a couple of things about the way I talk. Just to clear the air.

1. As a rule, I make broad generalizations (which, as it happens, will often include Generalizations about Broads ). This includes making sweeping statements in judgment of large groups of people, even if there are individuals those statements obviously don't apply to.

I'm a lot like Carlin, in that while I treasure individuals as I meet them, I have nothing but disdain for the larger group(s) they belong to. But I'm not going to stop and make a list of every single individual a general statement doesn't apply to; I'd never get anything done. Instead, I trust those individuals to know and understand that they're exempt.

2. I expect that most people will have an anecdote that will contradict whatever general statement I've made. That's perfectly fine, but I'm only ever going to speak from My Perspective. I can't speak from Theirs and won't even try, outside of occasionally playing Devil's Advocate.

3. Unfortunately for the people such statements may offend, MOST of the dirt-worst people I've ever known were women. So I have huge issues with them collectively and don't even pretend otherwise. Individually? Lots of gems. Collectively? Mostly-awful. Like any human beings, really. But I'm not gonna lie or speak against my own experience, either.

In this case - Coola's "friend" giving them the heave over a difference of opinion - well, unfortunately, the nuttiest Libtardicons I've ever encountered were almost all women. The "Don't come to Christmas" types, the "We aren't friends anymore, don't talk to me again" types... in MY experience, they've all been women. I have a lot of male Democrat friends, and we get along swell and can even discuss/debate politics; any male Democrat that doesn't have a manbun just might be a rational person in spite of their bad opinions.

But a lot of the Liberal Democrat Females are just plain twats. Which is why I'm not shocked Coola's "friend" did that too him, and thus, why I made that flip remark.

I'm aware some people have the opposite experience and they're free to speak to that. I won't invalidate it. All anyone can do in life is call it as they see it from where they're standing. That's why communication is so important to the human condition; it creates Perspective.

So again, I sort of need people to understand that if I'm clearly not speaking to/about them, that then they're not included in the Sh*tty Thing I Said. And that yes, sometimes those things are purposely provocative because it's more fun that way.

So yeah, I clearly wasn't calling you a c*nt. But I have, and undoubtedly will again, at some point, say that Women Are C*nts in general. Hopefully going forward you'll already know I don't count you in that list. You're a good egg. I tell you that all the time.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:08 PM   #142
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Sorry if I got overly sensitive. I guess I get upset because the whole "women suck" thing is a point of contention with me and a lot of other men (it's 99% men who get like that, me and women have other types of issues...). For me, my mantra is that "most people are c*nts" at this point. I feel like both sexes, like both political sides, are capable of some awful crap, and I just don't think one is inherently better than the other. I feel that way about other races as well.

It sucks that Coola's friend did that to him. For me, I've had this done to me by men and women, Dems and Reps alike as well. The whole "well, you aren't (insert their 'side') so f*ck you". I'll say, I began losing the Dem friends in the beginning then it's begun to happen with the Reps as well, because they've begun to not trust me/are becoming more radacalized.

All I want to do is talk about comics, games, anime, and movies. They just want to make everything about politics. I'll call out bad writing in stuff that's tied in with politics (aka virtue signaling), because it's, well, bad writing and sucks the fun and entertainment out of what I love but...like, I don't really care about how Batman is an extremist right wing allegory or whatever. I don't want to sit in a theater, and have someone turn to me and be like, "SEE!? SEE? THIS IS SO WOKE! OMG, I HATE THIS! YOU BETTER HATE IT TOO." Let me...try to watch it, please, and make up my own mind? Whether I agree or not, I don't need the politics shoved in my face, whether by the media I am watching or by people I am friends with.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:17 PM   #143
Leo656
The Franchise

That's all fair.

I will say, though, in all seriousness, that I always assumed "being a c*nt" is honestly what the expression about "a woman's prerogative" was in relation to. I think it originally had something to do with changing their mind a lot, but then through "popular usage" it sort of became a thing people said whenever a woman said or did anything sh*tty. They'd make reference to that being "a woman's prerogative".

So I actually didn't think that little barb was all that provocative when I actually said it. I thought it was just like reciting the second verse of the Star-Spangled Banner; something that nobody ever recites but is nonetheless just hanging out Over There, unspoken.

"It's a woman's prerogative." "WHAT is, exactly?" ".....Never mind." "...S'what I THOUGHT. Asshole."

Old 05-30-2022, 06:16 PM   #144
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't know, the more time goes on the more I feel like Leo656 about women. At least older women in places of authority, more than not. So much is blatantly, transparently coming from purely emotional places or "I need revenge for my high school experience" and not from anywhere else (like, you know, logical or fact-based places) and I think that's really no way to go at all. Not in politics, not in the arts/entertainment (on a corporate level, making the big decisions), and not anywhere beyond maybe psychology. If that.

Obviously there's exceptions.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-30-2022 at 06:23 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:26 PM   #145
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'm not sure what to think that this thread has me getting Cordell & Cordell (Divorce Lawyers for Men) banner ads?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:29 PM   #146
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm getting "Desserts for Dad" right now (the "Save Roe!" stuff finally stopped). Great, let me order a cake for my dead father.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:55 PM   #147
Leo656
The Franchise

Right now mine are alternating between Professional Veterinary Care and Memorial Day Sales.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:19 PM   #148
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Ad blocker, suckahs
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:02 PM   #149
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Ad blocker, suckahs
I have ad block on my phone and personal PC. I guess that's what I get for viewing the forum from work.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:00 PM   #150
Stone Warrior

NRA protestors channel their spirit animals

NRA protestors channel their spirit animals

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenvoi...98580937875459
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:59 AM   #151
Stone Warrior

1987 is offline   Reply With Quote