The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2022, 08:52 AM   #61
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Who owns the rights to the 2007 designs and story? Mirage (therefore Viacom?) They used a screenshot on turtles forever so perhaps, Imagi is long dead but I don't think they kept anything, would it be the distributor of the movie?

If Viacom owns it then perhaps it's possible albeit unlikely for it to happen, if the in rights are with the distributor or in limbo because of Imagi dying then it's definitely never going to happen. Either way the 2007 movie isn't getting more stories sadly.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:04 AM   #62
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Who owns the rights to the 2007 designs and story? Mirage (therefore Viacom?) They used a screenshot on turtles forever so perhaps, Imagi is long dead but I don't think they kept anything, would it be the distributor of the movie?

If Viacom owns it then perhaps it's possible albeit unlikely for it to happen, if the in rights are with the distributor or in limbo because of Imagi dying then it's definitely never going to happen. Either way the 2007 movie isn't getting more stories sadly.
Speaking of Viacom, last month they renamed themselves "Paramount Global" or "Paramount", likely for brand consistency since they own Paramount Pictures, Paramount+, etc.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's possible there's still stuff tied up with the Weinstein Company. I vaguely remember something about IDW not being allowed to use Winters or something.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #64
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's possible there's still stuff tied up with the Weinstein Company. I vaguely remember something about IDW not being allowed to use Winters or something.
I don't know about that. I remember that an issue of IDW had a character called Winter, I assumed this character would be Winters and said so, while someone else assumed it would be Alex Winter from the Red Sky Seasons and he turned out to be correct. I can't however remember anything about the 2007 characters being off-limits, just that I was wrong about thinking one was going to be in the book.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:15 PM   #65
neatoman
Emperor

So I came across this a few hours ago... Not sure I understand why anyone go for a Ninja Turtle for... This...

The weird thing is that it's close to my University campus and the train station near it, so I actually have a suspect in regards to who placed this sticker, I just don't feel like getting in contact with this person... Like ever...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220331_205842702.jpg (90.8 KB, 13 views)
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 12:27 AM   #66
MattOnWheels
Thug

Im posting this here cause it IS TMNT related and i must talk about it...

A few days ago, you may recall that i made this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOnWheels View Post
Now THAT sounds awesome. A movie focused on Mikey, the youngest, having to mature enough to save his brothers all by himself, That's actually a fun concept.

__

On another note: I've been coming up with my own dumb-ass fan theories as to where the turtles get their cravings for Pizza in the FW universe. At one point in the Eye Of Sarnoth Arc, Leo says "Ice cream?! Yuck!" If i'm correct - now, i know it's just a joke regarding the fact they're pizza addicts, but i think there's an avenue for interesting concepts here, so here we go: If we take that into account and combine it with the fact they like such strange toppings on their pizzas, perhaps we can make the argument that not only are their bodies mutated, but their taste buds are as well. Maybe their whole diet was attuned to require things that human bodies would reject, such as most of the pizzas they like. That would explain why they dob't even like "Normal" junk food.

An alternate theory would be that they've just been raised in the sewer so long prior to meeting April that pizza is the only method they're used to concerning eating food. In the first season of FW, they don't know why the humans do what they do. So maybe the concept of eating things that aren't pizza is just that foreign to them. Though I can't imagine splinter hadn't ever tried to show them other foods...
As it turned out, WHILE i had written this post--which took quite some time thanks too my handicap--apparently, My sister had been trying to contact me all night but i didn't Facebook open or my phone on...the last thing i remember that night was trying to sit down and watch TMNT 07, but i went to bed in stead...

I woke up next morning to find out she had taken her own life.

Needless to say, I am stunned....we had planned on playing The Cowabunga collection together.......

I am so, so glad to have shared my love of Turtles with her...We bonded over it....My last conversation with her was actually how I was glad to rejoin this forum and the TMNT community in general. She said it was beautiful that I still had that with me....

The turtles were my last subject with her......our last plans together...

Life is.....so strange......
MattOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 12:39 AM   #67
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss

May you and your sister's loved ones find tranquility during this difficult time.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

Well that's awful.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:10 PM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Condolences to you and your family and having to face that kind of loss.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 06:32 PM   #70
MattOnWheels
Thug

thank you all
MattOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 08:12 PM   #71
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Donatello should be removed from the TMNT

Let's be honest here Donnie is and has always been the least favorite turtle, it's difficult to compete against the leader, the "fun" one or the "rebel" when you're the "nerd". He also has the lamest weapon to most people with the bow against his brothers, I think that's why every incarnation seems to give him a "tech bo" whatever that is to make him look cooler. He also has the worst color which is purple and let's face it it was always a "gay" color. There's also the fact that the original donnie figure was brown which made him far less popular than the other turtles who are the more common and accepted green color in society. This has made him difficult to market and always a shelfwarmer who is the turtle with the worst sales, the only reason most kids even get a Donatello figure is to have all 4 turtles. Because of this Playmates has tried to not release Donnie figures when it was able to when it came to variants.

Is it time for Donatello to be let go from the franchise? It seems the franchise as a whole would be better off without him. Search within your hearts, you know it to be true.

Spoiler:
This isn't a "Does Donatello have any fans?" question this is the internet and clearly there's going to be tons of people who like him and prefer him as a turtle. This also isn't a "is donatello useless" post since he isn't, he's had plenty of great adventures and without his inventions the TMNT wouldn't have saved the day.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 12:08 AM   #72
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Donatello should be removed from the TMNT

Let's be honest here Donnie is and has always been the least favorite turtle, it's difficult to compete against the leader, the "fun" one or the "rebel" when you're the "nerd". He also has the lamest weapon to most people with the bow against his brothers, I think that's why every incarnation seems to give him a "tech bo" whatever that is to make him look cooler. He also has the worst color which is purple and let's face it it was always a "gay" color. There's also the fact that the original donnie figure was brown which made him far less popular than the other turtles who are the more common and accepted green color in society. This has made him difficult to market and always a shelfwarmer who is the turtle with the worst sales, the only reason most kids even get a Donatello figure is to have all 4 turtles. Because of this Playmates has tried to not release Donnie figures when it was able to when it came to variants.

Is it time for Donatello to be let go from the franchise? It seems the franchise as a whole would be better off without him. Search within your hearts, you know it to be true.

Spoiler:
This isn't a "Does Donatello have any fans?" question this is the internet and clearly there's going to be tons of people who like him and prefer him as a turtle. This also isn't a "is donatello useless" post since he isn't, he's had plenty of great adventures and without his inventions the TMNT wouldn't have saved the day.
Donnie is my favorite turtle and I have seen a lot of others say the same thing. Donnie in my opinion is the most important turtle because of his intelligence. In the original cartoon his gadgets always helped save the day.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 12:12 AM   #73
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

sdp's post got me thinking what if Ninja Turtles only had 2 or 3 turtles, its an interesting what if. There can't be only 1 turtle though, that would betray the title which has turtles in plural.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #74
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No Donnie? Nah.They're an archetypal group theme, cutting one out hurts that dynamic.

And who would be picking up the slack? Leo's a smart guy, but not in the same technological sense. He has occasionally found his way through using Donnie's tech if Donnie was down or not present and is smart enough to trial and error it if he had to, but he'll never be able to come up with it from scratch on his own and he's got enough on his plate already than have to take up the mantle of the inventive genius as well.

Plus removing Donnie loses the message that you don't have to be the toughest one, could even be the brainy one, and still be an ass kicker and cool in your own right without having to be the most popular one. Some people relate to or look up to his type of personality, intelligence, and values.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 03:10 PM   #75
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
sdp's post got me thinking what if Ninja Turtles only had 2 or 3 turtles, its an interesting what if. There can't be only 1 turtle though, that would betray the title which has turtles in plural.
When I was a kid and played with my Turtles toys, I'd make up episodes and stories naturally. One time I made a story where Leonardo and Michelangelo had "died" and dint appear for like 6 episodes. Then I bright them back to life since Raphael and Donatello couldn't just do all by themselves.

This sounds cringe and stupid now, but I was 13 when I came up with this.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:23 PM   #76
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
When I was a kid and played with my Turtles toys, I'd make up episodes and stories naturally. One time I made a story where Leonardo and Michelangelo had "died" and dint appear for like 6 episodes. Then I bright them back to life since Raphael and Donatello couldn't just do all by themselves.

This sounds cringe and stupid now, but I was 13 when I came up with this.
I don't think its cringe. Funnily enough though, there wasn't a single episode of the OT which didn't have all 4 turtles in it.

I do wish that they used one or two less turtles every now and then. Maybe it would've been better when one of the voice actors wasn't possible as opposed to getting a terrible replacement.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:27 AM   #77
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I don't think its cringe. Funnily enough though, there wasn't a single episode of the OT which didn't have all 4 turtles in it.

I do wish that they used one or two less turtles every now and then. Maybe it would've been better when one of the voice actors wasn't possible as opposed to getting a terrible replacement.
Yes. For a while I did wonder how an episode with only half the Turtles would work out.

We never got to see that in the FW series or 2k3 iirc. Closest o can think of is the 2nd Garbageman episode where Mike and Don are pretty much the only Turtles that actually do anything in the episode. Raph and Leo barely appear but certainly are in it.

The FW series also had very few episodes without April. The first one to come to my mind immediately is Turtle Trek. She doesn't even get mentioned at all in it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:55 PM   #78
Leo656
The Franchise

Would've been funny if in one of the episodes with the wrong voice actor, they could have said that Turtle had a cold. Or like if there was a permanent change in the actor, they could have had the character get hit in the throat or something and that's why they sounded different forever after. Something. Would've been silly but at least there'd be some flimsy explanation, y'know?

Old 04-18-2022, 07:14 PM   #79
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Or like if there was a permanent change in the actor, they could have had the character get hit in the throat or something and that's why they sounded different forever after. Something. Would've been silly but at least there'd be some flimsy explanation, y'know?
This is how TMNT '12 dealt with the change in Leo's voice actor. It was brilliant....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #80
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
This is how TMNT '12 dealt with the change in Leo's voice actor. It was brilliant....
Haha, that's funny. I wasn't watching it by then so I had no idea. I knew they switched voice actors a couple of times but I wasn't actually paying attention to the show anymore after Season 1, just random episodes here and there. All of which only served to reinforce why I wasn't still watching it.