The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-18-2022, 09:32 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Thanks to Geena Davis, there's an actual group working in Hollywood right now whose entire job is to go over every script and ensure it has the "acceptable" number of gays, trans, and non-whites in it, before anyone can even think about producing it.

If you wanted to faithfully remake something like Seven Samurai, for example, you can't. Not now. Not enough gays or black people in it. So you can remake it so that every one of the characters is a different shade of non-white LGBTQ+, or else, you can't make the movie at all.

That's f*cking ass. It's ridiculous. Too far. If a person can't see why that's bad, they've got their head up their ass.
People complained about The Witcher games not gaming any black characters in it.

The Witcher, a Polish video game series about Slavic mythology. Most of the Eastern Europeans I've talked to only seen like 5 black people in their entire lives. This Polish guy told me he didn't see a black person outside of TV and movies for the first time in his life until he was 20.

But yeah, go insert 5 black characters in every Polish, Russian, Japanese or Korean game, movie, series, comic, etc from now on. That's very realistic and believable alright...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:38 PM   #42
Leo656
The Franchise

Aw, yeah, the Polish people in my family who actually came from Poland were pretty unapologetically racist. The whole "only saw 5 black people in their entire lives" thing is no exaggeration, other than if it even WAS 5, that'd be a lot for some of them. More like two, at most. And of course all they ever knew of them were the jokes and stereotypes, so to them that was "factual information".

Every single thing I've ever heard about Polish people has proven itself 100% true, though. None of it good.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:41 PM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Aw, yeah, the Polish people in my family who actually came from Poland were pretty unapologetically racist. The whole "only saw 5 black people in their entire lives" thing is no exaggeration, other than if it even WAS 5, that'd be a lot for some of them. More like two, at most. And of course all they ever knew of them were the jokes and stereotypes, so to them that was "factual information".

Every single thing I've ever heard about Polish people has proven itself 100% true, though. None of it good.
Well the people I talk to online are generally around 25-40. Nowadays with travelling being more common they might see 5 in their lifetimes instead of 1. Back in the 50s there were literally zero black people in Poland. Nowadays there's... about 25, I guess?
Old 07-18-2022, 09:55 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Some One Piece fans are legitimately bothered by the fact the women in One Piece have massive knockers and that Nami's and Robin's boobs tripled in size throughout the years.

OK, I know it's unrealistic, ut who the hell cares?! It's a series whose main character is a young man who can turn his body into rubber because he ate a ****ing fruit . Why don't they bitch about that as well? Also, what kind of straight man would have a problem with the busty ladies of One Piece?

But the OP fandom doesn't hold a candle to the MHA fandom with its hatred for Mineta and its aversion to Ochako's and Momo's hero outfits and bodies. Yet, many of those same fans who complain about that are drawing yaoi fanart of Bakugo and Deku in the meantime
IKR it's like just admit anime is not for you and move the **** on.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:59 PM   #45
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
IKR it's like just admit anime is not for you and move the **** on.
Popular shounen anime attracts tons of normies, which are people who don't normally watch anime. Just like people from my generation only watched DBZ, Pokémon and Captain Tsubasa an dmaybe Digimon and Yu Gi Oh and that's it. So I guess it's not so surprising that they're not aware that fanservice and the token perverted character are pretty much standard in anime/manga.

Honestly I feel like Western civilization is going backwards. Which is ironic considering how supposedly progressive a lot of young people are nowadays. Yet attractive women showing cleavage seems to offend them. Where's the logic in that?
Old 07-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

Anybody who'd complain about Nami's tits is Teh Gay.

I don't even give a sh*t about anime. Just sayin'.

Old 07-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #47
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Anybody who'd complain about Nami's tits is Teh Gay.

I don't even give a sh*t about anime. Just sayin'.
If FW April was in a modern day TMNT cartoon I bet tons of people would bitch about her as well. Meanwhile they have no issues with April being 13 and kissing Donatello.

If you ask me, they're the ones who are weird.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I don't even see the big deal. Everybody loves attractive women. Other women like attractive women. Even gays like attractive women (even though they have no desire to **** em).

I mean how can these people that want to normalize polygamy and practice hook up culture get so worked up about anime boobs? Sure I'm ****ing Lindsay and Chelsea behind Chloe's back but Nami's animated boobies offend me.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-18-2022, 10:10 PM   #49
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I don't even see the big deal. Everybody loves attractive women. Other women like attractive women. Even gays like attractive women (even though they have no desire to **** em).

I mean how can these people that want to normalize polygamy and practice hook up culture get so worked up about anime boobs? Sure I'm ****ing Lindsay and Chelsea behind Chloe's back but Nami's animated boobies offend me.
Well a lot of those SJWs/woke people are lesbian women and a lot of them aren't very attractive, to out it nicely, so it's probably jealousy. And they probably hope they can slowly change the beauty ideal to overweight women with pink coloured hair. Well good luck with that. Because that's gonna be difficult.

Funny thing is, Nami and Robin are both very well written characters and arguably the two smartest members of the Straw Hat pirates. So reducing them to their tits is very unfair. If anything their bodies are a bonus. I guess women can't be both intelligent and sexy anymore or something.

Also, there's a study that states that there's actually a high correlation between large breasts and intelligence in women. Food for thought. Mother nature might as well go all the way through and give a woman two of the best qualities she could have: brains and boobs.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:10 PM   #50
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

I remember reading Ben Bishop’s political tweets, which unsurprisingly were all about bashing Republicans and praising Democrats. I think he stopped being political after the rise in gas prices though. He may have even deleted the tweets, though I could be wrong. I actually got to meet him at the Lexington Comic Con. Hardly anyone visited his booth, while over a hundred people waited in line for over five hours, including yours truly, just to meet Kevin Eastman. Well, what did Bishop expect? He’s a woke artist in a red state.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:20 PM   #51
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
I remember reading Ben Bishop’s political tweets, which unsurprisingly were all about bashing Republicans and praising Democrats. I think he stopped being political after the rise in gas prices though. He may have even deleted the tweets, though I could be wrong. I actually got to meet him at the Lexington Comic Con. Hardly anyone visited his booth, while over a hundred people waited in line for over five hours, including yours truly, just to meet Kevin Eastman. Well, what did Bishop expect? He’s a woke artist in a red state.
Depending on what he said and what his views are(is he more on the "radical" side of the spectrum?) I don't think an artist having a different political ideology from yours should affect your opinion of their work. That being said, depending on the kind of stuff he's said, Bishop should be wiser not to be so outspoken if he has views that are unpopular in his area, because that might alienate the audience... which seems like it did.

Celebrities and other famous people should be more diplomatic about their political views. Everyone has the right to an opinion, but when you're a public figure and your fans are your life hood, you should have some common sense and avoid saying things that might make you lose fans and thus lose money.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:31 PM   #52
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Depending on what he said and what his views are(is he more on the "radical" side of the spectrum?) I don't think an artist having a different political ideology from yours should affect your opinion of their work. That being said, depending on the kind of stuff he's said, Bishop should be wiser not to be so outspoken if he has views that are unpopular in his area, because that might alienate the audience... which seems like it did.

Celebrities and other famous people should be more diplomatic about their political views. Everyone has the right to an opinion, but when you're a public figure and your fans are your life hood, you should have some common sense and avoid saying things that might make you lose fans and thus lose money.
You have common sense, which is why Disney will never hire you.

But while Bishop, like the rest of us, has the right to express his political opinions, he should’ve kept in mind that Kentuckians have Twitter accounts, too, and a lot of them are pretty bitter about the gas prices right now. It’s just not good for business.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:09 PM   #53
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

You'd think so, but lately the hot new thing celebs do is spout their awful opinions and tell their own fans 'if you don't agree/disagree with this or that stance, unfollow me. I don't want people like YOU as fans anyway'.

Lately George Takei has been one of the nastier ones saying that kind of crap. Then he'll wonder why his lines at cons are getting smaller and smaller.

The Left loves to say you have the freedom to your opinion but just keep in mind that there will be consequences. They forget that rule also applies to them. To a lesser degree sure, but they're not immune.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:17 PM   #54
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You'd think so, but lately the hot new thing celebs do is spout their awful opinions and tell their own fans 'if you don't agree/disagree with this or that stance, unfollow me. I don't want people like YOU as fans anyway'.
“If you don’t like my politics, don’t buy my book.”

About a year later…

“Why is no one buying my book?! I’m broke and I need money!”
Old 07-18-2022, 11:40 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
“If you don’t like my politics, don’t buy my book.”

About a year later…

“Why is no one buying my book?! I’m broke and I need money!”
There's several also hilarious steps missing in the middle of that, but yes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:42 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I like how Young Rippa parodied that in one of his tweets.

"If you don't like my politics, you can still buy my book."

Old 07-19-2022, 12:06 AM   #57
Leo656
The Franchise

Sh*t like that is why Dan Jurgens is my all-time favorite comics creator.

Not only do I love his artwork and his writing style - although I confess, never in my life had I ever seen or heard Superman say "WHOA!" before Jurgens did it, and he does it A LOT, with him - but I mean, I can't tell you one thing about the guy's politics. At all. I don't know if anyone even knows.

What's mostly known and been said about Jurgens is, "He's the nicest guy in the business." That's all you hear, not a peep otherwise. Just, "He's such a nice guy, and he works SO hard." 30+ years in the business and no whispers, scandals or scuttlebutt. He works hard, he's good with Continuity Stuff, I think he's Canadian, I believe he's married, and he's known for taking the people who interview him out to lunch, paying for their meal, and then asking them if they need a ride anywhere. That's the most you hear about, with him, you never hear anything else. What are his politics? Damned if I know. If he's Canadian, he probably leans left, but I swear you couldn't glean anything about it from his work alone.

The industry could use a LOT more people like That Guy, that's all I gotta say.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:36 AM   #58
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

although I confess, never in my life had I ever seen or heard Superman say "WHOA!" before Jurgens did it, and he does it A LOT, with him
Superman is just channeling his inner Keanu Reeves.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:40 AM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Sh*t like that is why Dan Jurgens is my all-time favorite comics creator.

Not only do I love his artwork and his writing style - although I confess, never in my life had I ever seen or heard Superman say "WHOA!" before Jurgens did it, and he does it A LOT, with him - but I mean, I can't tell you one thing about the guy's politics. At all. I don't know if anyone even knows.

What's mostly known and been said about Jurgens is, "He's the nicest guy in the business." That's all you hear, not a peep otherwise. Just, "He's such a nice guy, and he works SO hard." 30+ years in the business and no whispers, scandals or scuttlebutt. He works hard, he's good with Continuity Stuff, I think he's Canadian, I believe he's married, and he's known for taking the people who interview him out to lunch, paying for their meal, and then asking them if they need a ride anywhere. That's the most you hear about, with him, you never hear anything else. What are his politics? Damned if I know. If he's Canadian, he probably leans left, but I swear you couldn't glean anything about it from his work alone.

The industry could use a LOT more people like That Guy, that's all I gotta say.
Interesting. And I dig that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:05 AM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Superman is just channeling his inner Keanu Reeves.
I wouldn't doubt it. According to Jurgens's 1993 output from when he had Clark rooming with jimmy for a while, Clark is something of a heavy metal aficionado. You haven't lived until you see a panel of Lois walking in on Jimmy and Clark having an honest-to-God in-depth discussion about the finer points of heavy metal music. It's bliss.

All joking aside I kinda dug it, though. Some people thought it was a bit forced, but the idea was just to reinforce the notion that Clark's a relatively open-minded guy. Like, the character at the time had been in print for 50+ years but on-paper he was only like 35; there's nothing wrong with establishing something to push back against the idea some people have had that he was some kind of old fart who only listened to Pat Boone or whatever. It was cool to see him have an honest connection with one of his younger friends, as well. Gave them more of a "big brother/little brother" vibe, which they're supposed to have anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Interesting. And I dig that.
Ah, yeah. Once upon a time Wizard or some magazine did an interview/article on him and the writer literally kept stopping to say to the reader "It just cannot be overstated what a nice guy Dan Jurgens is."

I have some stuff he signed that my Dad got off QVC or whatever, but I have never met him in person. It's on the ol' Bucket List. There's actually VERY few comics creators I'd care to meet at all but he's tops, for sure.

I've told the Romeo Tanghal story before, and he was splendid as well. Really, really great guy. I gotta find the stuff he drew for me, I hope it isn't too messed up.