The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 05:27 PM   #821
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

So, I have now learned that two people who have been close to Schwartz have said something ... cryptic about him.

They both happen to reside around the same area/location as him. So, they have almost no doubt.

Oh boy ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:38 PM   #822
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wondered the other day how disturbing it would be if the TMNT mutated with human skin tones. Just how wrong would that look?

edit: Esp if it was a realistic one like PD. Egads.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #823
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I've been reading Denny O'neil comics lately in my scarce free time (I really miss talking with him on his message board) and that got me wondering... "What if "BETTER" writers than Eastman/Laird had worked extensively on TMNT.

The best example I can think of where this kind of happened might be "The River" by Rick Veitch (Mirage Vol. 1 #24-26).

If Gerry Conway, Len Wein, Denny, David Michelinie, Marv Wolfman... some of the best Bronze Age writers had tackled TMNT... how different might it have been. It definitely wouldn't have been as weird or underground as the above names were all establishment writers and... let's face it... TMNT could never have come out of mainstream comics. Everything was too defined and too formula by 1984... Maybe the turtles could have come out of the 1970's. That might be reaching a bit... Marvel and DC had weird concepts back then (Swamp Thing/Man-Thing, Son of Satan, Tomb of Dracula, The Eyes of Ork) etc.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:00 AM   #824
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

So, another one of Schwartz's associates turned out to be a predator.

I'm starting to think that something's amiss.

Edit: It's almost as if he knew ...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 08-18-2021 at 03:48 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #825
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

a random thought that I've had about TMNT is about their time as hatchlings before the mutation happened.

I know that one of the 2012 episodes explored this and there were some 2003 episodes that featured flashbacks of when the turtles were children.

But I'm interested in seeing what happened before that, what if the boy who bought them originally in the Fred wolf cartoon found out about them? (maybe the kid has since grown up to do something that april makes a news report about).

I used to think the boy was Cody from fast forward but that was before I knew more about tmnt lore (I was introduced to tmnt through the 2003 series and while I did see fast forward I didn't know much about the characters) if that did happen, that would cause timeline confusion.

I like how in the 2012 series it's Splinter who bought them from the start.

I remember there was a storyline in the 80s chipmunk's cartoon where they reunited with their mother, the turtle's "mother" was mentioned by Michelangelo in one of the Fred wolf episodes, I guess Tang Shen could also be interpreted as their mother, but it would be interesting to see who the mother that Michelangelo was referring to is like, what happened to her and what sort of personality she would have.
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:08 PM   #826
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When eBay seller photos provide the entertainment...

Wasn't sure what I was even seeing at first then saw the next down 2014 Leo looking equally perplexed, so I had to save it. (I think it's a leg in place of a head from one of the figures that could swap out parts?)

Old 09-01-2022, 08:50 PM   #827
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

After seeing the Toon Turtles box set I'm surprised Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady, or Krang never got the toon treatment.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:25 AM   #828
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Squidward: Before you ask me that question, ask yourself this: Why would I leave the comfort of my home for your dirty little hovel?

SpongeBob: What if I got a couple of throw pillows?

Every single time I come across this episode it never fails, I have to say the thing. lol Anyone else?
Old 11-21-2022, 01:22 PM   #829
Powder
So tired of this place

I dunno that it warrants its own thread as we are almost entirely a Western-based forum that did not grow up with his work, but the Japanese dub voice actor for Shredder, Kiyoyuki Yanada, passed away.

If nothing else, I'm sure many of you were familiar with his performance in the Super Turtles anime OVA, which is quite a fun, memorable set of features. He made for a good, goofy, Japanese Shredder, AKA Sawaki-Chan, as Krang called him. You may also know him as Richter Belmont, in Smash Bros. Japanese viewers are understandably pretty saddened by this news, as he was also their Megatron, not to mention a part of many iconic anime, such as Slam Dunk, Ronin Warriors, Death Note, etc.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #830
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The commercials for that toy robot Miko 3... Anyone notice one of the ads shows a couple quick storybook images from 2012 TMNT on the robot's screen? Been gone for 5 years and it still turns up.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:39 PM   #831
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Here’s some food for thought:

Which came first, the turtle or the egg?
Old 12-02-2022, 04:52 AM   #832
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Here’s some food for thought:

Which came first, the turtle or the egg?
I don't know, what's more important though? The egg or the green alien goo?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 10:26 PM   #833
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just for shi, er, craps and chuckles, I want the "Take On Me" music video reanimated using a TMNT comic theme, and whichever Turtle would fit it best is fine.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:30 PM   #834
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

If Raph ever has a family, I’m sure it will be something like this:

Old 04-21-2023, 12:45 PM   #835
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
If Raph ever has a family, I’m sure it will be something like this:

With who exactly?
Hahahaha!
Old 04-21-2023, 01:04 PM   #836
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
With who exactly?
Whoever can put up with Raph’s attitude without divorcing him right away and is probably as hotheaded and rude as he is. Birds of a feather flock together after all, although I doubt that Raph would even date a bird-lady.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:30 PM   #837
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Whoever can put up with Raph’s attitude without divorcing him right away and is probably as hotheaded and rude as he is. Birds of a feather flock together after all, although I doubt that Raph would even date a bird-lady.
Well, I would imagine dating is kind of difficult in the first place on account of... Well, not his behaviour, more because... He's a giant mutant turtle who lives in a sewer...

I mean... The only other members of his species are his brothers which leaves him with two options, either bring himself to go for a creature that he shouldn't feel any natural attraction to at all... Or incest.

... Can you tell that I think the turtles aren't really characters suited for romance stories or even being depicted as being attracted to other characters? Human characters like Casey and April are more or less fine to be the center of romance stories, or maybe sufficiently human-like characters like Starlee or Kitsune, but not really the Turtles themselves or any other character that more or less intended to be a unique creature. Literally any attempt to show them having such interests would have inherently awkward and/or gross implications.

... I have had serious thoughts about whether or not it would be for the best to state the ooze has a chemical castration component, just eliminate the notion of them being interested in romance or sexual activity...
Hahahaha!
Old 04-21-2023, 05:21 PM   #838
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno about no attraction, if the franchise is looked at collectively he's got his own history, esp canine women. I guess you get accepting within whatever the options are if there are no unrelated fellow Turtles.

That video as an analogy is definitely him and Mezcaal if they'd adopted any young homeless orphans, be they mutant or not. lol He might threaten to throw them back out where he found them, but he'd never have the heart to do any such thing.
Old 04-26-2023, 12:38 PM   #839
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Here's something random that I've always thought - and I even asked Peter Laird about it once, and he wasn't certain of the answer:

Does anyone else think it looks like Mike is giving Raph "bunny ears" with his nunchucks on the cover of TMNT #1?

I've always wondered if that was purposeful, but when I asked Peter, he said that he could see what I was talking about, but wasn't certain because it was Kevin who designed the cover.
Old 06-08-2023, 01:45 PM   #840
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

In what way is each pairing alike? Perspectives vary I'm sure, but here's what came to mind for me.

Obviously some are only part-time traits via certain moods, but still typical of them, and some shared/similar traits each met from a different approach.

Leo / Donnie -- Thinkers, problem solvers; the guys who can form a plan and make it work.
Leo / Mikey -- Spiritual, humanitarian minded; the two more likely to what to connect with the universe and feel the urge to help if they see someone in trouble.
Leo / Raph -- Moody, brooding; everyone knows fire burns, but so can his brother ice if you aren't careful.
Mikey / Raph -- Playful, laid-back; leisure time is frequently more appealing than training, etc.
Donnie / Mikey -- Creative; the two most imaginative minds from the different angles of art and invention.
Raph / Donnie -- ??

Really, what do Raph and Donnie connect on? I want to label them as both as gearheads, but I'm not sure how commonly that's actually been shown for Raph? Though it would be a fitting thing to expand on for him.

Not saying some never share some of those traits, that Donnie and Mikey are somehow never moody or that Leo and Raph aren't at all creative (Leo's planning and problem solving skills certainly come from a place of creative thinking as well), but it is simply less predominant.