The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #2261
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Warrior Metalhead Michelangelo?
Yea this is what we need. We need the warrior sets. That would be amazing.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:38 PM   #2262
mikey0
Foot Elite

New picture of Ray Fillet with the alternate head: https://mobile.twitter.com/super7sto...70928045568004
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:38 PM   #2263
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
New picture of Ray Fillet with the alternate head: https://mobile.twitter.com/super7sto...70928045568004

Dude got ripped! So much muscle haha

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:12 PM   #2264
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Dude got ripped! So much muscle haha
He didn't skip leg day!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:13 PM   #2265
Dask
Mad Scientist

Is it true that there are 9 waves total for the Super7 TMNT line? or is it 9 in production/planning stages with more to come based on demand?
Old 05-06-2021, 03:52 AM   #2266
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Is it true that there are 9 waves total for the Super7 TMNT line? or is it 9 in production/planning stages with more to come based on demand?
9 Waves have been planned so far (potentially more at this point, the interview Brian mentioned that was from February).
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:35 PM   #2267
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Like SleepDrifter said, that's just how many are already planned out/set in stone. I'm sure that the way these are selling, they'll keep making more waves, though. They certainly never said they had any intention of stopping after the initial 9 planned waves.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #2268
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Like SleepDrifter said, that's just how many are already planned out/set in stone. I'm sure that the way these are selling, they'll keep making more waves, though. They certainly never said they had any intention of stopping after the initial 9 planned waves.
Just thinking about the figures they're missing that I'd personally be interested in, they wouldn't even hit all of them in those nine waves, never mind the myriad of original figures that extend past the point I'd lost interest, so I have to assume they'll keep going until the line is no longer profitable.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #2269
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Really hoping this line remains a money maker to at least get through most of the original line.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #2270
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Really hoping this line remains a money maker to at least get through most of the original line.
Do you mean the basic assortment side characters or the supporting characters and variants of the main characters?
Old 05-07-2021, 03:05 PM   #2271
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Do you mean the basic assortment side characters or the supporting characters and variants of the main characters?
I was referring to the original 90's Playamtes line. But would love all of those.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:19 PM   #2272
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I was referring to the original 90's Playamtes line. But would love all of those.
My apologies for being unclear. I meant the basic assortment side characters and main character variants from the original Playmates toyline.

Last edited by mikey0; 05-07-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:06 PM   #2273
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
My apologies for being unclear. I meant the basic assortment side characters and main character variants from the original Playmates toyline.
For me, I'll be good if we get Usagi, Slash, Rat King, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Chrome Dome, Ace Duck, Genghis, Napoleon, Fugitoid, Wingnut & Screwloose, Triceraton, Scumbug, Super Shredder, Antrax, Panda Kahn and Walkabout. I'd likely also pick up the Universal Turtles for my dad, and would consider picking up Tokka, Rahzar, Pizza Face and Tattoo.

So if they keep effectively doing three figures a wave, I could potentially be done when Wave 11 comes out in 2030.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #2274
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
For me, I'll be good if we get Usagi, Slash, Rat King, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Chrome Dome, Ace Duck, Genghis, Napoleon, Fugitoid, Wingnut & Screwloose, Triceraton, Scumbug, Super Shredder, Antrax, Panda Kahn and Walkabout. I'd likely also pick up the Universal Turtles for my dad, and would consider picking up Tokka, Rahzar, Pizza Face and Tattoo.

So if they keep effectively doing three figures a wave, I could potentially be done when Wave 11 comes out in 2030.
Archie, Mirage, and IDW characters might be in the next six waves.

I wonder when Scratch, Hot Spot, Shogun Shoate, Chef Boyardee Super Shredder, and Channel 6 Van April O’ Neil will be made into Ultimates.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #2275
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post

Id like the trek turtles..make em exclusives or something

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:55 AM   #2276
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Yeah. Those aren't for me, personally, but I'll at least be happy about the "silver lining" of less money to invest in those waves.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:04 PM   #2277
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Archie and Mirage, maybe. But I kinda have my doubts about IDW. I remember Brian saying he wanted to avoid anything that was too new/recent. Then again, I have no idea what the cutoff point in his mind probably is.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:51 PM   #2278
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Archie and Mirage, maybe. But I kinda have my doubts about IDW. I remember Brian saying he wanted to avoid anything that was too new/recent. Then again, I have no idea what the cutoff point in his mind probably is.
Could you imagine Jennika and The Last Ronin done in Playmates style?
Old 05-08-2021, 11:32 PM   #2279
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Could you imagine Jennika and The Last Ronin done in Playmates style?
Jennika would be such a great comic con exclusive for Super7 or NECA! Heck, bundle in Venus de Milo as well ...
Old 05-10-2021, 12:13 PM   #2280
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Finally received my re-issue Foot Soldiers last night. One was broken out of the box, and the other's arm snapped at the elbow. Looking at the broken piece, that is a REALLY poorly-designed joint at the elbow. I've still enjoyed the line overall, but for a $50 figure, their QC leaves something to be desired.