The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 09:50 AM   #61
AquaParade
Big Boss

I love Rogue. I'm slowly becoming interested.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Rogue in this, Storm in Black Panther 2... yep, seems about the right way to begin.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #63
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Whatever. Just get rid of that bimbo aK! Tresss. Kill her off if you have to. Rename the series "Rogue".
Old 02-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #64
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hell yes, that's the only way to get me excited for this movie. Bring in Rogue!
And that distinctive 1990s costume!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #65
AquaParade
Big Boss

Hell, just bring in all the X-Men. Captain Marvel can watch them do stuff.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If the rumors are all true, it's pretty funny to think that after all this time, the only way they've figured they can get fans on board with a Captain Marvel 2 is by making it "Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion," with Spider-Man and Rogue and X-Men stuff.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:05 PM   #67
Sumac
Foot Elite

Doesn't sound bad.
I hope she will be "Southern Belle" type and not some overweight female pronounce.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:59 AM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

Since Rogue is Southern, "and therefore implicitly a racist" simply by existing, according to the social standards of the year 2020, it wouldn't shock me if they made her black.

Y'know, since these movies are so hellbent on "fixing" everything the comics did "wrong".

She'll also most likely be a lesbian, and she'll unwittingly absorb a fraction of Danvers's powers while they're making out or being intimate.

You know how these things go.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #69
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If the rumors are all true, it's pretty funny to think that after all this time, the only way they've figured they can get fans on board with a Captain Marvel 2 is by making it "Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion," with Spider-Man and Rogue and X-Men stuff.
But the film broke 1 billion, despite the controversy she caused with many fans. So she appears to be pretty popular.

I've heard rumours that Marvel boosted the box office. I'm not saying that's impossible but I haven't yet come across any damning evidence on that. Would be interested in seeing substantial evidence if it exists
Old 02-08-2020, 07:15 AM   #70
Leo656
The Franchise

Not like it could ever come to light, if true. Who'd report on it? Doesn't Disney own most of the magazines and websites who'd potentially blow that whistle, if it were true? And anyone who might independently crack it open would just get shouted down regardless of what they managed to uncover. If it doesn't come from a "trusted (read: Corporate) news source", who'd believe it?

I can believe it happened, simply because Disney had a ton invested in the movie both in terms of money and PR. And, maybe more importantly, they're probably the only ones who could pull such a scam and get away with it.

Because I know that movie made money but not one person I know went to see it. I've never seen anything like that with any other billion-grosser. That makes me sense shenanigans. And like I said... What's stopping them? For most human beings in general, "Because we can get away with it" is more than enough reason to commit some shady stuff, even when there's not billions of dollars at stake.

I'unno. I think the grosses were inflated but I doubt we'll ever know for sure either way. Who'd risk The Wrath of The Mouse to try and prove it?

Old 02-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #71
AquaParade
Big Boss

That’s all sound, but I would need more reason to believe it. They did have a lot invested, true. They boasted her as the new Iron Man/RDJ essentially and it would certainly look bad for the film to underperform after that.

But those aren’t the highest stakes we’ve ever seen, so if that is enough reason to accuse them of lying, well then we might as well throw all box office numbers in the trash. The system is rigged by that logic.

And that’s possible. Just look at organized sports.
But again, I need more than anecdotal evidence to go there. Need something substantial to cast them as guilty.

As for now, I believe the film did break 1 billion. But that fact does puzzle me.
Not trying to tell anyone else how to feel. This is just a walkthrough of my perspective.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:43 AM   #72
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, I hear you. In my experience, people are just kinda sh*tty and "We can get away with it" is all the reason anyone needs, therefore I'm inclined to believe it. I'm pretty sure none of the "official" numbers for this stuff are ever legitimate, anyway. Like when WWE reports attendance for an event, they include the guys in the locker room and the guys selling hot dogs and everyone in between, so it's always a much higher and more impressive number than the actual paid attendance. They've always done it. Why? No real reason besides PR. If they do it, then everybody does it, most likely. It's not the end of the world, just makes me snicker when billion-dollar corporations display such insecurity.

As conspiracy theories go, it's one of the most reasonable I've ever heard. But yeah, there's nothing really more concrete to it then "Eh, sounds like something they'd pull."

Old 08-06-2020, 01:25 AM   #73
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Nia DaCosta is the new director

https://www.gamesradar.com/captain-m...s-nia-dacosta/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #74
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Like I said, CM just getting that Roman Reigns push both in comics and movies. Marvel figured out too late they don't have a wonder woman of their own so they decided to push Carol to the stars and above and you WILL like her or else.

First movie only did well cause it was the prelude to End Game.

Second movie will only do well cause X-Men.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #75
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Carol Danvers has always been reasonably popular though. If Marvel were going to push a female super hero she was probably the best bet and to be honest her book was fairly well received until Civil War II.

Ironically I felt her role in that event was an attempt at getting (how to say this...) more conservative fans on board. In the same way as Iron Man being leader of the registration side in the first Civil War seemed to make him more popular with a certain strain of comic reader I think they thought the same would happen with Carol as the leader of the pro-active justice side of the conflict. It didn't win anyone over and alienated a lot of her existing readers and she hasn't properly recovered since.

The idea the movie only did well as a lead in to Endgame is silly. It was well known after the first night that it wasn't setting up anything to do with Endgame. After the first week it should have been a non issue but it had legs. Part of that is that people are now conditioned to just go to Marvel movies the other is that despite being one of the weaker Marvel movies it was okay, people generally enjoyed it.

Most Marvel movies have some kind of crossover in them now and Rogue is an important character in the Carol Danvers mythos so why not feature her. No one says that the only reason that Black Panther 2 will be successful is because of the possibility of Storm being in it.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #76
sdp
WeaR VeaR VR

That Black Widow would've been great if it had been released last decade when Scarlett was young, hot and there weren't 100 different MCU characters that have more plot posibilites.

PM me for an invite to the TechnoDrome Discord
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote