The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: They could have seriously made this a two-parter with more backstory...
Of Course I'm going to attack you! 16 18.60%
I would eat him just to shut him up... 36 41.86%
We have to find that helmet or we'll have to keep looking at Shredder's gross face. 13 15.12%
Who gave Michael Jackson a mohawk and a tron suit? 10 11.63%
Want More Foot History NOW!! 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #21
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I freaking love this take on Bebop. Great design, awesome tech and Smoove is a great choice to provide the voice.

Will we learn where Anton Zeck got the tech?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #22
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Great fight scenes between the turtles, the henchmen and Shredder.

Nice interaction between Karai and Shredder.

The dialogue felt very natural - very fluid.

Quote:
Leo's voice dragged this episode down.
It really didn't. Dominic's doing fine as a stand-in. This is getting childish. You can't even use loyalty to Jason as an excuse.

Very funny episode as well. It wasn't a case of dumbing Mikey down for cheap laughs - some of the lines were REALLY sharp.

And I found it moved a lot of storylines along pretty cheap, without missing out anything important.

It was never going to beat Tiger Claw coming back but it was a very good episode and a good intro for Bebop and Rocksteady.

Quote:
Baxter lost his voice in this episode. He just buzzes around.
Inexplicably weird.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #23
Overlordofnobodies
Thug

Still watching it but I love how Rahzar and Tiger Claw talk to each other like allies. I remember a lot of people thought Rahzar will not get a lone with Tiger Claw because he sort of took him rank.

All so KillBuzz(great nickname) and Fishface was good to.
Overlordofnobodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #24
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Okay, so I have finally watched the ep. It was really nice. I do agree that the Wrath of Tigerclaw was better, though. I like how they debated on saving Karai and Donnie and Raph's reaction to Leo's leader query. It was nice how Donnie was like, "We'll help you." At the end when they appeared at Shredder's hideout was nice. I knew they'd just appear and help Leo. When Shredder brought in Karai, though, I figured it would be a trap. I was expecting it to be a Footbot, actually.

When Shredder sent out those four (Rahzar, Fishface, Tigerclaw, Baxter) to find his helmet, I was expecting them to have a one-on-one fight with each turtle at first...

Leonardo vs Tigerclaw
Donatello vs Baxter
Raphael vs Fishface
Michelangelo vs Rahzar

The way it played out was much nicer though. Oh and I loved the conversation Rahzar and Tigerclaw was having. I liked Tigerclaw's line about how he'd want to eat Fishface because he's a fish and then Rahzar saying he'd want to eat him just to shut him up.

Now, as for Anton, I like him! I don't know the voice actor though. The name is familiar though. He has an interesting personality and I did find his reaction to losing the helmet and coming back with diapers funny. He still was remaining cool. If the Russian dude is going to become Rocksteady, at least both he and Anton will have a common goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Sirens Podcast View Post
However, one thing...
Spoiler:
why couldn't Baxter speak? I was confused. Was Phil Lamar not available at episode or something?
I was wondering about this after he was first mutated. In the OT series, every time Baxter made an appearance, he was becoming dumber and dumber, like an actual fly. It got to the point that he didn't even know who his true enemy was. I was wondering if Baxter in this series was going to follow the same path. The longer he remains a fly, the more and more he actually becomes one intelligence wise.

If they use Baxter again and he speaks, then maybe Phil Lamar just wasn't available to do any lines, but if he shows up again and he's still acting "fly-like", maybe he's literally "becoming a fly".
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #25
snake
Disgusting

Wow, awesome episode. I loved Bebop, but how did he get the suit? It was also nice to see the arms dealer again. Amazing Shredder fight as usual! It was so cool to see Tigerclaw, Baxter, Rahzar, And Fishface working together.

Nice cliffhanger too.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #26
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
it doesn't help that russian guy's attire is also similar to the new Rocksteady

It was almost a given, you can see the glass eye on rocksteady in their mutated pic
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #27
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

It was buzz kill right? So the russian will become rocksteady right? I'll admit that I doubted the pics posted of bebop and rocksteady and thought they were fakes. Turns out I was wrong.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #28
JTH
"ME"

I found it humoring that the arms dealer shows up here, episode 20 of Season 2, being he first showed up episode 20 of Season 1.

I'll be looking forward to his next appearance in Episode 20, Season 3.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Most abrupt rushed 'we're out of time' ending ever.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #30
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Good Episode. Here's My initial thoughts:

- Who designed Anton's suit, Joel Shumacher ?

- Was I the only one thinking of Leon the Professional when Shredder said "Get Me Everyone! " ?

- Cool, back story on the foot.

- I love the action sequences between the mutants and the turtles ?

- How did the turtles not kill Anton at the speed they were traveling at in the Shell Raiser?

- The Shredder pulled a Bowser on the Turtles at the end.

- It sure is convenient that Steranko came in to pickup Anton when he did.

Good Episode as to be expected, Though nothing groundbreaking. 8/10
Old 06-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #31
pannoni1
Foot Elite

This clearly was an episode that felt claustrophobic in terms of the number of events and mutants present. At least it responded immediately following the Tigerclaw episode with Shredder and Karai's potential fate. It did give a good natural stance on Shredder. That said, it was interesting that the Turtles could never convince that Kuro Kabuto was on their side. This almost had a Night of the Rogues feel with all of the mutants featured, including the future Bebop which I feel has a slick design. It still had room for another pepperoni reference that I thought would leave to another "I crave pizza no more" moment for Michelangelo. At least Karai escaped so it will be interesting to see if she can fully join the TMNT team for the next important battle. That said, we return to a Kraang-centric episode next week. While it didn't feel as great as last weeks, this is still worth watching.

Overall: 8/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #32
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Pretty good episode. I especially liked the interactions between all of Shredder's henchman. Bebop is really cool so far, I hope they explain where he got his suit from eventually. One thing that was annoying about him though, is that he kept saying "hee hee, hoo hoo". I had my doubts about some of the theories that Steranko would be Rocksteady, but as soon as I saw him show up I knew that it was true.

This would've been a great episode if it weren't for Leo's voice...it's honestly just awful. I can't get used to it no matter how many times I listen, sometimes it sounds like an over exaggerated voice, other times it sounds like there is no emotion in it at all. Hopefully the voice actor will get better over time.

So, a good episode all in all. Too bad we're going to have to get back to Kraang plots next week.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #33
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
At least Karai escaped so it will be interesting to see if she can fully join the TMNT team for the next important battle.
Uh...did you watch the episode until the very end?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #34
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Old 06-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #35
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Uh...did you watch the episode until the very end?
Actually, we don't know where she is. Most likely still there, but no certainty.

The scene after Shredder left her, she had something in her mouth to start sawing the jail bars. She could have escaped for all we know?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #36
Vicky82
Emperor

It wa a good episode, not as good as last week but still good but I thought the ending was a bit strange.

Didn't expect the russian guy to be back and has a collection of stolen items, Anton Zeck/Bebob is working for him and he accidently shot Steranko in the eye, yikes!! Looks like Steranko is going to be Rocksteady.
Smoke bombs are back.
Karai trying to break out of Jail was pretty cool.
I like Anton Zeck/Bebob he's awesome, like his high tech gear.
Good to see Baxter, Fishface, Rahzar and Tiger Claw in this episode.
Ouch!! poor Fishface got puched in the face, (why do I have a feeling, Xever is going to turn his back on Shredder).
The backstory/history on Shredder's helmit was great.
Rahzar and Tiger Claw interaction was funny.
Baxter's not talking now?? but was pretty cool that Fishface could understand him
The fight scene with turtles vs the four henchman was great, I love that Donnie throws Mikey into Tiger Claw.
Wow, I loved Leo's reaction when the billboard fell on Mikey, Raph and Donnie.
Funny when Leo's hiding in a bin and had a nappy on his head and then later when Zeck gave the bag to Steranko it was full of Nappies.
Wow Leo vs Shredder, awesome but was too short , I guess they are saving the best till later.
The Turtles vs Shredder was awesome but again too short.
I had a feeling it wasn't Karia due to the description of episode Vengeance is Mine turns out it was a robot/bomb
The ending was strange and felt rushed.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #37
Powder
So tired of this place

Great episode, but I've got to echo the comments about Leonardo. The voice is good, but the acting is not. He stands out hardcore among the others.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #38
AdamWarlock87
Hench Mutant

I loved this episode one of my favs of the season so far. Bebop was awesome and a fun character. The ending was great I thought shredder totally pulled a fast one on the turtles, I was not expecting that at all. I even screamed oh sh*t!
AdamWarlock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #39
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

haha such an awesome episode, glad I called it about the weapons dealer being Rocksteady!
I knew the designs had been waaaay to close not to be him.
I am shocked they didn't get mutated at the end though.
I've got to wonder now though how they get mutated?
Perhaps after seeing all the other freaks they think they need to power themselves up and get some mutagen.
Unless of course Shredder comes after them and that's how it happens.
Karai is on a mission thought with what she's doing she'll be out of her cell in a year (or in an episode with TV pacing lol).
I really loved all the characters being together here and I can tell Fishface is going to get fed up and leave at some point what with everyone abusing him.
It'd be a really great episode if he comes to Donatello for help.
I did find it odd though that Baxter couldn't talk, I have to wonder if they're going to have him start turning more fly than man (like in the 80's toon).
Over all I really liked this one minus Anton's Michael Jackson laugh so I give it an 8 out of 10 stars.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #40
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Cool

Good episode. It wasn't too amazing, but I did love Anton Zeck. He will make a perfect new version of Bebop. Though, I don't think I'd be fond of the arms dealer as Rocksteady, but it looks like it will be him. I was hoping for Rocksteady to be a friend of Bebop's like in the original and for him to have a cool voice because I always loved how the original Rocksteady sounded. No more "Say your prayers, toitles"?
I loved the backstory on the Foot clan and the helmet. Perfection.
Dominic was an okay Leonardo, but his voice just bothered me for the entire episode. I'm used to Biggs and even though he is a complete jerk I think he plays Leonardo better. It took me out of the show hearing Leo sound different.
The bomb that looked like Karai at the end was rushed but it seemed like something Shredder would totally do.
I'd give this a 7.5/10.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop