The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-13-2005, 02:24 AM   #21
starry
Random Punk

Being a kind of "Born-again fan" I'm still really into TMNT as a whole. I'm nowhere near caught up to the new season of the new series, and there are still tons of comics to hunt down and read. I always wander over to the TMNT figures section when I go to the store, and as of late at my house, one of the movies or cartoon episodes is playing in the background at any given time. So...nope, not tired of 'em yet! ^__^

When the new series has finished its run, I'll still love the Ninja Turtles as much as ever, but chances are I'll become more involved with something else...that's happened to me in a lot of fandoms where nothing new is released.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:08 AM   #22
Kazari
Foot Elite

I hear ya starry.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:33 AM   #23
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

im actually surprized at all the replies on here..I realy thought i was the only one. It does make me sorta sad though because i realy do want to like them like i did again, but i cannot bring myself back to it like it was
Old 01-13-2005, 05:54 AM   #24
Peanut
Second Gear

I haven't really grown tired of it, but...I don't know how to explain it. I use to make sure I was up on time to catch the show, but now I probably haven't seen it for a couple months. I saw everything up to The Big Brawl then I kinda started drifting off. I never really had any toys or dvds, because there's basically nothing here in Canada. As for comics, I read the new Mirage stuff up to around #14? 15? I can't remember, but then I just couldn't find that much money to spend on comics, and Spider-Man comes before TMNT, so I had to phase it out. I even started getting some of the old stuff off Ebay for awhile. After I completed getting the old Tales series I just quit. Basically I still love the TMNT, but it's hard for me to find the time, and especially money, to invest into the franchise much anymore.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #25
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I guess it's because of the fact we're all grown up.

I'll admit, it's becoming more difficult to hold onto my young mindset of enjoying a cartoon series.

But I'll never forget the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Never.

Enjoy them while they're here. I know I am.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:21 AM   #26
Kazari
Foot Elite

My problem is that if a show goes into reruns, I'll kind of stop liking them for awhile and either pick up a new show or watch an older show I use to like until newer episodes appear.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #27
Foxy Boy
Thug

I think part of the reason some the adults on this forum (I'm 17, so I'm nearly there) haven't got a problem staying interested in TMNT is because they've developed a connection with the characters, and because of memories. I'm especially guilty of the former, since I can relate to and establish an emotional connection to anthro- or nearly-anthro-characters much more easily than human ones for some reason (For those of you wondering, no, I'm not a furry). Which is one good reason that I can't enjoy the new show as much as the old one (Another reason is because the new show, IMO, sucks). They took out all of the good characters that I had grown fond of, and the few they included (Like Leatherhead, for example) were killed or disappeared after a very short time, even one episode.
I'm also not immune to warm and fuzzy memories, but they're not the main reason I'm still fond of the old TMNT.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:27 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've *never* lost interest in the TMNT. Like most people I was introduced to them with the Original Cartoon. I think I was around 12 or 13 when the Old cartoon was cancelled. I remember watching the Dregg episodes over and over, wondering when the repeats would end and if new episodes would start. I was very disappointed to see it end.

I even watched the Next Mutation in it's entirety and repeats of it galore.

Around the time that the new Volume 4 comic started, I started buying all the back issues of the old TMNT series. After missing out on them as a kid, I finally read most of the Volume 1, 2, 3, Tales, Archie comics that I missed out on. Some comics are really horrible (Volume 1 guest writers and the Archie specials come to mind) but for the most part they were great stories.

Of course I love the new cartoon, and I've bought as many of the new toys as possible. All the new TMNT varients are starting to take their toll though, I don't feel like collecting some of the newer ones.

Overall though TMNT has been a part of my life since I was around 4 years old and I will never lose interest in the Ninja Turtles. It is such a wonderful concept, and I hope the new cartoon lasts for many years to come.

I'm surprised at all the negative comments around here of people losing interest. Sure I don't watch the reruns on cartoon network, but that doesn't mean I've lost interest in the franchise. I just don't have to see the same episodes 10+ times over and over like I did when I was a kid. Seeing each episode once or twice a year is enough.

Also for the record Season 2 had some really bland filler eps, but other than that Season 1 and 3 have been exceptional. Season 2 of the new toon was also very good, but all the one-shot episodes after City at War were disappointing. Season 2 is a good season, but overall Season 1 and 3 have much better pacing and less bland fillers.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 01-13-2005 at 12:33 PM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #29
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

I'm actually a little surprised as well to hear so many people are losing interest..when i first read the thread title I thought there wouldn't be many people at all who would say they were gettin tired...interesting...
Old 01-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #30
raphael90
Stone Warrior

I guess I've kinda come off the second wind I got for TMNT a few years back...I don't watch the new show and only pull out the old ones here and there. But I still get a figure every now and then and will always hold a special place for the TMNT in my heart, they're excellent! And I enjoy posting time to time on here.

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"

-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #31
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator
we are buying a house soon with the full intention of making an upstairs room, a turtle room, full of all my turtlebilia...
OMG, I have the same dream. Forget the white-picket fence, I want a turtle room!

To answer the original question, yes, there was a time when I grew tired of TMNT. It was back in the late 90's where my fandom almost disappeared. I rarely watched the Red Sky eps of the old 'toon, and I only caught a handful of Next Mutation episodes. I don't think it was me getting tired of TMNT in general, but I wasn't enjoying all of the TMNT projects going on at the time. It wasn't until late 2001 that my fandom was rekindled after finding the TMNT official website. I then bought the first issue of volume 4, and lurked on the Technodrome before finally signing up. I haven't stopped being a fan since, and I continue to watch the new show every time it's on (except for reruns, since I can catch up on sleep). I'm still buying all the new comics, and I'm even trying to fill in gaps in my collection of all the past comics. I stopped buying the toys (I only liked waves 1 and 2, with a few other action figures here and there), and I limit my spending on other TMNT merchandise (I've become unemployed recently). But I don't think I'm gonna lose interest again any time soon, especially with Peter Laird overseeing things.

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!

Last edited by azure turtle; 01-13-2005 at 08:15 PM. Reason: cursed typos
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:12 PM   #32
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

I was a huge fan from '89-'93 then in'94 I got into SPIDERMAN and then in '95-'99 I was takin over by STAR WARS and then there was nothing really.i RECENTLY GOT BACK INTO IT BECAUSE OF THE fORUMS AND THE RETRO REVIVAL AND FINDING MY OLD STUFF.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #33
TuRtLeTiTaN
Foot Soldier

hmmmmm lets see i have to say every time turtles has reruns for like 5 weeks or nothing happens like no new dvds i grow tired of it then when a new episode comes out it comes back to being cool

www.myspace.com/turtletitan
TuRtLeTiTaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #34
LionO
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvenuto
I guess it's because of the fact we're all grown up.

I'll admit, it's becoming more difficult to hold onto my young mindset of enjoying a cartoon series.

But I'll never forget the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Never.

Enjoy them while they're here. I know I am.
You hit it right on the head. Most of us who watched the turtles as kids are adults so we don't have that mind set. Our minds wonder, complain, function in all these directions. As a kid I couldn't care less what was going on around me as long as I had the turtle on screen.

"You are what you experience.You experience what you express.You express what you have to express.You have what you grant yourself."
LionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I had my falling out around red sky, and i was in Italy during NT:TNM so i didn't see but the movie, which i bought at the BX. I did however buy the figs at the local toy stores....when i heard the new toon was coming i cam beck whole heartedly....and now, thanks to DVD i can relive my TMNT hayday bliss....though i had a gap in fandom....I'm back and stronger than ever....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #36
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Yeah, you guys are right. Being an adult, there are bigger things to worry about financially and just all around. Back then I had no worries except whether i had enough tape left to tape the new episode. Its true what they say, enjoy being a kid, cuz once it's gone, it's gone.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #37
Kazari
Foot Elite

I know being an adult sucks! *poutz* I wish I was young again.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:09 PM   #38
Ra
It's my desire?

i have just entered my teens about one month ago...so......

i was a TMNT fan from the begining. i have no idea if i watched the old eps, but i definatly watched NT shows. when that finished, i pretty much forgot about them. i did have the ocaional dream with some shots of the show, and i'd wake up thinking "what the heck was that about?"

about one or two years ago, i first saw the new show. all of a sudden everything clicked, i was reborn

i first looked up TMNT on the net, i somehow discovered the drome. i thought everybody was pretty friendly. i joined up. when i first discovered there were some people my age, and even older, who kept the fandom alive, i thought it wasn't so bad to like something like the turtles (well, it's considered a kids show aimed at the ages of about eight) i was pretty impressed when i discovered it was origonally started as a comic for teens and adults. and to top it all off, some of my friends are catching onto the TMNT *puts on dark voice* and the fandom grows...

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:22 PM   #39
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

I agree with most everything Jo Dawn said on the subject. While real life ins't totally busy for me, at least not yet, I still have other worries and such that keep me from constantly thinking or watching TMNT like I used to. I suppose I too am *sorta* growing up. Also I am a fan to other shows and things now as well. So some of my interest has gone more to those other things/shows. I tend to phase in and out of a fandom like that, I guess I can't help it.

Don't get me wrong tho, I do like the new FoxBox TMNT cartoon, but I guess I can't get into it as much as some ppl do. You won't find me discussing a new ep every week, talking about this figure or that figure, talking about the video game, etc. Infact, I've had the first PL2 game of it for prolly over a year now and not once have I played it. My older brother plays it more than me. I prolly will play it later on, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I have old comics that are still lying around unread. I haven't kept up on the new comics and don't care to. All I really do with TMNT is watch the new show on FoxBox, and that's it. Sad really. I suppose my older brother was right at the time he told me this and I was too immature and obsessed with TMNT to believe him: "You're gonna drive them to the ground!" Maybe I have, or did rather. I dunno. I'm sorry to be a 'fading' fan (so it seems). But I do still like the TMNT deep down, I guess I'm just not into it like I used to be. And I don't go overboard with it like used and like how I know some ppl in the fandom do (thank God).

The reason I still lurk around the forums is to meet ppl and discuss some of the new series. I practically have no real life social life, Once and while I discuss the new eps on FoxBox. Also I discuss other fun TMNT things from the older versions like the movies, comics, Original Series cartoon, etc. Stuff I know a pretty good deal about.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:28 PM   #40
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel
I am just curious if anyone has grown tired of ninja turtles as a whole but sticks around here just for the fun of talking and interacting with each other.
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never ever stop loving them! Especially Raph *swoon*

hehhe

im a dork i know

Hell, I'm 33. I've been through alot in the past 10 years. TMNT is my retreat from real life. Yeah I'm a bit obsessive with Raphael, but it's my nature. I am an obsessive person. I don't I can ever abandon him...yea yea he's only fiction..so what.
I dont like missing a new ep, I go nuts but I know I'll see it somehow. Usually repeats. It's really the only show I watch. I hate sitcoms, i hate the reality shows, I had all those evening dramas....cartoon network repeats things over and over...sick of that junk...

Last edited by Buslady; 01-13-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote