The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since the quarantine due to Covid-19, how often have you left your house?

Since I was able to work from home since April 15th, I have not stepped one foot out of my apartment since April 15. It's now nearly June 15, so I've not walked outside in almost 2 months straight.

It's such a strange feeling, to look outside the window of your home and wonder what life is like in the outside world. But since there is a deadly disease out there, I have been in self isolation. I don't know if I'll continue to do this throughout the entire summer, but it's kinda interesting to see what life is like when you can't go anywhere. I guess it's true what they say, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.

How often have you left the house since the quarantine started back in early April or whenever it was? How are you doing?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Almost daily to take my dog for a walk. That usually takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on how far I go. She's slowing down in her old age (bless her) so even if I don't go far, it'll usually take longer than it used to.

There's also a wood area a few minutes from where I live, which I've been exploring with my dog recently
Old 06-11-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

Cubed, dude get some daylight.

I go out most days just for a walk, I am lucky there is a park and small nature reserve to walk around not far from home. Also go out in my garden too when the weather is nice.

Other than that I just go out to do a grocery shop, filling up the car a lot less these days.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since I was able to work from home since April 15th, I have not stepped one foot out of my apartment since April 15. It's now nearly June 15, so I've not walked outside in almost 2 months straight.

It's such a strange feeling, to look outside the window of your home and wonder what life is like in the outside world. But since there is a deadly disease out there, I have been in self isolation. I don't know if I'll continue to do this throughout the entire summer, but it's kinda interesting to see what life is like when you can't go anywhere. I guess it's true what they say, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.

How often have you left the house since the quarantine started back in early April or whenever it was? How are you doing?

Surely you've at least left home to buy groceries and such?

As for me, it has not affected me or mine at all. I still have to work, and can't do it from home. Still have to go out and buy food, etc, and hubby still has to go to his dialysis treatments. The only difference is now we wear masks when we do those things, so there really hasn't been much change for us.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
ABrown
Banned

Cubed, go outside and take a look. If you're worried about what's out there, wear a mask and gloves. But I've been going to both of my jobs ever since this whole thing started.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Surely you've at least left home to buy groceries and such?

Still have to go out and buy food, etc, and hubby still has to go to his dialysis treatments. .
I mean it's 2020, it's not 1992 anymore. You can basically get groceries and any type of food delivered right to your door.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Plenty since I've been back to work for about a month and got groceries as need be during the shutdown.

Quote:
I mean it's 2020, it's not 1992 anymore. You can basically get groceries and any type of food delivered right to your door.
Something tells me that talk of shedding shutdown pounds is going to be common in the very near future, what with summer approaching and all. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 04:05 PM   #8
Galactus
Foot Elite

I'd say the first four weeks I only went out once a week to the nearby supermarket to get food then after getting serious case of cabin fever and noticing the nice weather I decided to take a stroll around a nearby park.

It had been years since I went there and I was surprised at how it had been done up since the complete mess since I last went. It was made all the better by how clear the air was and the distinct lack of noisy traffic. Everything was nice and peaceful.

Since then I've been going out for a stroll most days. I realised that prior to all this Covid-19 stuff I only really went outside to get in and out of buildings and a car. If it wasn't for the existential threat of catching a deadly virus I'd say I was quite enjoying the last few months of peace.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:15 AM   #9
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

True, but why stay locked away like a prisoner when you can get out and stretch your legs a bit, and get some fresh air, get away from staring a the same walls every day? That way leads to a slow descent into depression or even insanity.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #10
ABrown
Banned

Get out of the house Cubed! You don't want to end up like this:

ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Swedish authorities have been pretty relaxed about this. I haven't just been out almost everyday, I've used the public transport system on an almost daily basis as well as well. I would not be surprised if it turned out I'm an asymptomatic carrier.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:28 PM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
It's now nearly June 15, so I've not walked outside in almost 2 months straight.

It's such a strange feeling, to look outside the window of your home and wonder what life is like in the outside world.
This sounds like you're in prison.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 01:09 AM   #13
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I dont know how many times but weve had to for food and other things. Not for entertainment though. We do wear masks but I wasnt able to recently and felt really uncomfortable.

I know masks dont guarantee safety but at least its something. So many people dont wear them and its disappointing. I checked the number of cases for my town and its more than I thought so that makes me feel worse.

I remember at the very start here in the US we went to a grocery store and there was a lady with her daughter talking to one of the managers I think. They seemed to know each other. They mentioned they had plans to goto Disneyland and they were still going but the guy told her they just closed it.

It was the day after the NBA closed. It really annoys me that some just dont care. Like come on. Theres an outbreak and you wanna goto a theme park of all places. This sticks out in my mind because its one of those things you remember where you were.

I got creeped out walking through the store. Not because of supplies. There was enough of everything (it was the very beginning like day 2, things were still operating normally) but it was surreal. The world was actually being taken over by something. I gotta be honest I was scared. I still am but at the time it was weird seeing it all happen.

I overheard the news the other day reminding people to wear masks and stuff when you go on vacation...and I thought or you could just not go on vacation.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:36 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Never really changed much of my routine. Still go for runs, still go to the store, etc.. If anything, my usage of UberEats and DoorDash has gone up 1000%.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:58 AM   #15
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I have not stepped one foot out of my apartment since April 15.
What do you eat?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
What do you eat?
Pizza, sandwiches, Chinese Food (although they weren't opened till recently, I'm glad all the Chinese places aren't closed down anymore), sometimes KFC or chicken, bagels, hot dogs, etc.

Since we're now living in the far flung future of 2020, you can get anything delivered to your door with the press of a button. I honestly feel like we're living in the timeline of The Jetsons or Futurama.
Old 06-13-2020, 12:09 PM   #17
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I went for a walk almost every day during quarantine. I'm back working in the office for about a week now. We've been getting takeout about once a week since takeout was allowed, usually leaving the house to pick it up. I've been to the post office a few times to drop off packages. We were getting groceries delivered for a while, but lately we've been wearing masks to the supermarket.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #18
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I have left the house a few times a week since April 1... to meet with clients (I run a freelance CPU repair/technician business).

I go to the grocery twice a month (2 week schedule).

That's it. Life hasn't really changed for me since this thing started. Trump's stimulus $$$ has helped shore up some financial woes I had in late 2019/early 2020. Hoping the HEROES Act passes and just spend my days on here and surfing the internet, reading comics, working out on the floor (situps, pushups etc.) and working on my novels and short stories. Nights are spent in front of the TV.

I cook all my meals from scratch (cause I'm dirt poor AND VEGETARIAN) and eat: bean casserole, PB sandwiches, tortilla soup, bean soup, lots of vegetable pasta meals, tomato soup and tomato pie (basically just homemade deepdish pizza with basil leaves from my garden, tomatoes, cheese and spices).

I play with my cats Darby (a black tabby) and Pepper (a tortie). My wife is a published author so she sits at her computer ALL DAY.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:07 PM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Wow.... maybe like.... 4 times? I go shopping every weekend, but there are times I stock so much on food and stuff that I skip the following weekend (like this weekend I'm staying home).

Just really no reason to leave the house. I work at home and we got Door Dash and Grub Hub now.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:04 AM   #20
Roseangelo
Emperor

The one thing quarantine has cut me off from is karate. I don't really have space to exercise at home, so I go out walking almost every day.

I go shopping once a week, although at the moment I have enough food and toiletries to get by for a while. I'll probably still do a lap around Target once a week just to be sure.

Karate starts up again on Monday, so that will replace my walks.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote