The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So will we see this in an early episode or was it test footage?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #22
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man imagine if this show starts adapting Archie storylines?

How awesome would it be to see the likes of Malinga, Null, and Armaggon on TV for the first time!
Don't forget the Mighty Mutanimals, dude!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #23
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Will the new show use anything from the Archie comics?

Has the crew said anything on this matter? I'd love to see Manta Man.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Has the crew said anything on this matter? I'd love to see Manta Man.
You mean Man Ray of Archie Comics also known by Ray Fillet in toy form.

Leatherhead will appear luckily as an enemy. Other characters? Anything is a guess. Outside of the essential seven characters the utroms have been given the name of what was inspired by them Krang with the extra "a" for differientiation purposes and Casey Jones will appear in the second season debut. Metalhead will "return" in the 6th episode while Rat King and General Tragg have been revamped and set to appear later on in a yet to be identified episode(s). It would be cool to see Man Ray and Mondo Gecko somewhere down the line though!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

*ahem*
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39379

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #26
pannoni1
Foot Elite

I would love to see episodes adapted from certain Archie storylines while fitting in the context of the Nick formula, much like 4kids did with Mirage. Since this series is more fan-driven, with the proper buzz and ideas we could get at the very least some shout-outs, such as Chien Khan or Oyuki Mamisha as one of April's friend. Issues #26 (The Keeper) and #27 (In the Dark) are great sources for discussing environmental issues which would make the series more educational friendly. I would love to see a Null plot based on issues #19-#20. The Future Shark, Terracide, and Midnight Sun arcs could also be incorporated, plus in case the writers at Nick are low on ideas, they could save effort by using these plots as filler while pleasing the comic fans, which was part of the reason why 4kids lasted as long as it did despite it's so-so popularity.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #27
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior

I would love for some Archie material to be thrown into this incarnation. There are wonderful stories and characters that I would love to see a new spin on and also to be more developed in the process.

That being said, currently I'm so content to have new stuff, I'm in no rush to see familiar characters return at this moment. I'm more interested in where the Kraang, Shredder, Foot, Bradford fit into the arc and hopefully the world building continues as I have just been having a ball in this universe that Nieli has created.

I do however, have a short list of wants

- The Mutanimals in some form or another. I've always wanted to see this group animated for one and second there is so much potential for another group of mutant allies that the Turtles can rely on. Personally, I'd love it if they switched up the characters or added to the roster. I'd love Genghis Frog, Ace Duck, Muckman or Ninjara to join the team.

- Adaptations of the globe trotting arc and Stump Asteroid. These were some of my favorite stories because they took the turtles out of their element and threw them into alien asteroids, South American jungle and Katmandu. It also introduced characters such as Stump & Sling, Cudley the Cowlick, Jagwar, Dreadmon, Al Falqua and Katmandu.

- Villians such as Null, Maligna, Armaggon and the Uncanny Trio. These guys would be great to introduce down the road to show the scope is much bigger then the Kraang and Shredder. When it comes to the Uncanny Trio (Cat, Owl and Crow) I always thought they were really underrated. Not only were they cool mutants but quite creepy and I would love it if in Season 2, they are introduced to show the effect that the mutagen has had on some accidental experiments. Armaggon, is just a given. Not only is he a great villain but such an interesting character as well.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #28
alliance
Hench Mutant

Alright, a few days i asked this question about why do people keep mentioning archie comics on this site, what in gods name do they have anything to do with the turtles? then someone said that the gang from archie one day met the turtles..

ok fine..

Now i come here in this thread and it seems its more than just one comic or something, so please can someone dumb all this down for me gimme the jist of everything please..

Did the creators of archie write some turtle comics long ago and it became a hit or something? whats the deal with archie and turtles connection please..

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, Ninjaman you've made a lot of threads lately that have already been done. Make use of the search function next time to see if your topic of choice has already been addressed.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
Alright, a few days i asked this question about why do people keep mentioning archie comics on this site, what in gods name do they have anything to do with the turtles? then someone said that the gang from archie one day met the turtles..

ok fine..

Now i come here in this thread and it seems its more than just one comic or something, so please can someone dumb all this down for me gimme the jist of everything please..

Did the creators of archie write some turtle comics long ago and it became a hit or something? whats the deal with archie and turtles connection please..
Archie Comic published a TMNT tie in comic, based on the Fred Wolf series. It ran probably longer than any other series, save Tales Vol. 2, with 72 regular issues and several tie ins and specials thrown in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage...les_Adventures

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #31
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:

ok fine..

edit: beaten

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #32
alliance
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Archie Comic published a TMNT tie in comic, based on the Fred Wolf series. It ran probably longer than any other series, save Tales Vol. 2, with 72 regular issues and several tie ins and specials thrown in.
oooooooh ok , thank you lol

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #33
Powder
So tired of this place

& while we're at it, I must say this- Read it! It's a great series. Just skip over the first three issues as they're adapted from the toon.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Just skip over the first three issues as they're adapted from the toon.
I wouldn't tell people to skip over those issues. Michael Dooney did a stellar job on the artwork for the comic book adaptation of the classic toon's first season!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I wouldn't tell people to skip over those issues. Michael Dooney did a stellar job on the artwork for the comic book adaptation of the classic toon's first season!
Though that may be true...it's superfluous, the stories that "matter" are from 5 on.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #36
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
oooooooh ok , thank you lol
Also, the later issues of the series had incredibly low print runs, and both those and the whole series at large are hard to find in decent grade. Additionally, issues 1-10 or so were reprinted as standard stock for Kay-B-Toys in malls back in the day, so some of those issues went up to 7th printing or so and those later printings of those issues are incredibly hard to find at all, let alone in decent shape.

The series itself sells very well on eBay and is impossible stock to keep in comic shops. It's a woefully underrated read as well.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #37
rav4ge
Foot Soldier

Pretty cool find. TMNT Adventures #22 is actually one of the few that I own, so this was pretty neat.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

When I see Armaggon and Slash in the Nick cartoon, then I can say they love Archie fans.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #39
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Here we are all these years down the road, and I still feel disappointed this never got adapted into an actual episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZGQtUi7tQ

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #40
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
It's a trap!

But seriously. I'd only rejoice if Ninjara showed up...
Perhaps Alopex in the Nick series is named Umeko, Which was Ninjara's real name.

Tags
archie comics, nick