The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We're talking about actual bread, right?
Ninja Smoke Bombs! Exploding Arrows! Epic Battles! Issue One Nods Everywhere! *head explodes* 47 55.29%
Your skills are impressive.... but they will NOT save you. 14 16.47%
What you know is dangerous to your enemy. What you THINK you know is dangerous to yourself... 16 18.82%
There's a creature out there trying to hurt my April.... our April.... 8 9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

This episode. This episode, man.
I kept thinking, "this is my favourite part so far" and then a few seconds later I'd think the same thing. There were just that many good bits.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Definitely an episode I really need to watch again to get a better feel about what happened, since so much took place! As soon as I saw the dog by Christ Bradford, I knew that it was almost certain that the Dogpund/Fishface mutation was bound to happen, and I felt that the Wolf tower was the place that it was going to happen, and that once the Turtles knocked Chris and Xever with the liquid substance, they would get mutated as soon as they returned, and I was right. Too bad the Turtles couldn't rescue Kirby, it was too good to be true for the Turtles to defeat Shredder the first time around, since they defeated him the first time in the comics, 4kids, the movies, and the OT. I also wonder if the "WOLF" tower was in reference to Fred Wolf perhaps, since we had Murakami in the last episode. I still can't believe that the Kraang control base is directly underground in the sewers in a Star Wars-esque chamber. I'm not sure too, but I think we also get the series' first daytime appearance above ground at the start of the episode.

Overall: 9/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Definitely an episode I really need to watch again to get a better feel about what happened, since so much took place! As soon as I saw the dog by Christ Bradford, I knew that it was almost certain that the Dogpund/Fishface mutation was bound to happen, and I felt that the Wolf tower was the place that it was going to happen, and that once the Turtles knocked Chris and Xever with the liquid substance, they would get mutated as soon as they returned, and I was right. Too bad the Turtles couldn't rescue Kirby, it was too good to be true for the Turtles to defeat Shredder the first time around, since they defeated him the first time in the comics, 4kids, the movies, and the OT. I also wonder if the "WOLF" tower was in reference to Fred Wolf perhaps, since we had Murakami in the last episode. I still can't believe that the Kraang control base is directly underground in the sewers in a Star Wars-esque chamber. I'm not sure too, but I think we also get the series' first daytime appearance above ground at the start of the episode.

Overall: 9/10
I think we got a day time clip when Mikey and Bradford were eating their pizza earlier in the season. I also like how Shredder ran through them and they didn't win. Very humbling experience for them.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #24
Keno
Foot Soldier

Awesome episode! I laughed at the beginning all through the whole smoke-bomb sequence, and the end fight was epic...until YTV here in Canada decided to make their lame guy talk in a split screen DURING THE ENTIRE FIGHT
Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #25
Slade
god status

Awesome awesome awesome episode. Shredder ran through the guys like they were nothing. Can't wait to see more.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #26
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This was a VERY good episode. My favorite parts are when Mikey uses the smokebombs, and the turtles first encounter with Shredder. That was a very awesome fight scene. Hope we get to see Splinter take him on soon.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 11-17-2012 at 10:30 AM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #27
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Definitely my favorite episode, yet. But I say that every two episodes.
Spoiler:
I had a few flashbacks to the rooftop fight from the first movie. Like the turtles taking him one at a time, especially seeing Leo get laid out sorta the same way. Watching Mikey get knocked off the roof was kind of hard to watch. The whole fight was, really. I also liked seeing each turtle stop Shredder from making the killing blow on Raph.

Then seeing the turtles all battle-damaged. "Epic" is right.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #28
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Best episode so far.

Spoiler:
And like chrisdude said, I got major flashbacks to the first movie's climax as well as Mirage #1 upon seeing the Turtles's injuries. The way they transistioned to the lair was cool too combined with sad/defeated music.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #29
Telekinesis
Mouser

I loved this episode. Didn't really dig the opening encounter, found it to be a bit strange. Other than that, very solid.

Spoiler:
Shot of the turtles 'fading into the night' after the battle with Shredder = epic. Very cool.
Telekinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #30
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

What good sh*t, man. I looooved the smoke bomb gags and the fights were tight, too.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #31
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

I want that Shredder theme that was playing during the fight. It was hot.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #32
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Good grief, this episode was a big screaming dose of INCREDIBLE.

That first Shredder encounter was total 1990 live-action movie love. Talk about INTENSE. It felt just like the final fight in the 1990 movie to me, yet for these Turtles and this beast of a Shredder, it's only the beginning! I cannot WAIT for this Splinter (who might be my fave Splinter EVER as of now) and Shredder to throw down and scrap - it's gonna be E-P-I-C.

The humor in this episode really worked well and had me rolling in the floor. The smoke bomb gags just kept me grinning from ear to ear! And here comes Dogpound and Fishface! I look forward to seeing how Rad Brad and Xever adjust to their new "makeovers." This ain't no Bebop and Rocksteady 2.0 IMO - as bad as these dudes were as humans, one's gotta believe they're gonna be far more dangerous in their mutated forms - with a newfound grudge to bear as well!

I love the new series SO MUCH! It's full of brilliant wit, ferocious energy and pure fan LOVE. It truly amazes me how this show just keeps getting better and better each week after starting off so incredibly strong to begin with! I've been watching religiously since the premiere and just can't get enough of this latest iteration. It feels like a perfect blend of all previous TMNT incarnations beautifully melded into one fantastic new series.

Can't wait for the next episode, or to re-watch the greatness that was The Gauntlet!
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #33
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

I am so happy that the Shredder beat the turtles!! YEEESSS!!!!!

Those green freaks must die!!!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
demonsweat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
This episode. This episode, man.
I kept thinking, "this is my favourite part so far" and then a few seconds later I'd think the same thing. There were just that many good bits.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Here's something I really like about this show. In most action cartoons they tend to make the heroes way too overpowered - you never really get to see the good guys take much damage. They're doing a really good job of balancing that out here. Even when the turtles win a fight, they still take a lot of hits before the end. It's good, keeps things interesting. You don't know if Raph's going to get back up after being electrocuted, or if they'll be carrying him home later.

Another thing I really like is that when one of them gets f'd up, one of the others will go check on him, pick him up and get him back into the fight. It was cool to see Mikey come to Raph's aid for a change.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Mikey can pull off a great Nightcrawler imitation!

Bamf!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...-gauntlet.html my thoughts. but wow this episode was packed with so much stuff!

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

oh man, how can I say anything rightous after such a hell of a rollercoaster ride!its BRILLIANT!!!thats just what it is..mucho fun!

so here is my short summary of feelings that make up this show for me:

I LOVE:
the humour
the brotherhood
the action packed fights
the characters
the city
the music(in the episodes)
the lighting
the learning of lessons and the beatiful worded messages of splinter

togther they all form my favourite part of the week, saturday nights, Booyakashaa-time!

hey, what was really sweet in the beginning when april is running away from pigeon pete she passes the cafe balzac..now I dont know if this cafe really exists in new york, but it was a featured place in the cosby show back in the days and that show is so close to me, too
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #38
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Bad news guys, the series is taking a little break from it's "new episode every Saturday rule". The next episode, titled "Panic In The Sewers", will not air until December 1st.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #39
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Bad news guys, the series is taking a little break from it's "new episode every Saturday rule". The next episode, titled "Panic In The Sewers", will not air until December 1st.
I guess I can't get too upset. That's Thanksgiving weekend. They'll turn right around a disappear around Christmas, too... That's just the way it goes.

Last edited by chrisdude; 11-17-2012 at 01:36 PM.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #40
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

The smoke bombs/mikey scene was hilarious, thats now 9 for 9 fantastic episodes,keep this up and we may have a hall of fame cartoon series here.

Also that might be the best tmnt vs shredder fights I've ever seen.Also the nick shredder is NOT F--King around! Lol
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick