The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We're talking about actual bread, right?
Ninja Smoke Bombs! Exploding Arrows! Epic Battles! Issue One Nods Everywhere! *head explodes* 47 55.29%
Your skills are impressive.... but they will NOT save you. 14 16.47%
What you know is dangerous to your enemy. What you THINK you know is dangerous to yourself... 16 18.82%
There's a creature out there trying to hurt my April.... our April.... 8 9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #61
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Nothing. I just figured I'd mention it before Cybercubed beat it into the ground or gobo and Andrew used it as a reason to hate on the episode.
Ah ok. Was about to say. It's like getting mad at Batman villains for having sad backstories.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #62
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

Another thing I loved about the episode was Raphael laughing at the pidgeon story and the way he reacts when he realizes no one else is laughing with him. Raph is so awesome in this show. "Mighty mutants? What, dancing dorks was already taken?" XD
Old 11-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #63
gobo
Wacky Action

I don't think I've ever made this comment publicly, but... The Kraang's tentacles look like jellyfish stingers. So, do you think The Foot were following Pete or did they just catch up with him right as he found The Turtles? There's a certain amount of curiosity that just naturally comes with a pigeon the size of a large man flying around the city, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's all it was.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #64
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
Another thing I loved about the episode was Raphael laughing at the pidgeon story and the way he reacts when he realizes no one else is laughing with him. Raph is so awesome in this show. "Mighty mutants? What, dancing dorks was already taken?" XD
I almost thought Leo was going to say 'Mighty Mutanimals' there at first.. I'm weird
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #65
demonsweat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I mean, I could see Xever having issues and wanting to be normal again but Bradford growing to like his new form.
Hm, I don't know about that. Bradford really got off on his popularity as a celebrity martial arts figure, I'm thinking as a mutant he'll have to go into hiding like the others.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #66
alliance
Hench Mutant

aaaah...

well now that i do feel a lil better i was wondering what was your guy's thoughts when april saw her dad.. my heart skipped a beat when she looked down and saw him..

This new cartoon doesnt f*ck around, very real..kinda like the 1st movie, hmm..

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #67
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm curious as to why Shredder would be nice enough to even bother to give Xever a breathing machine and cyber legs.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #68
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Best episode by far. How has no one mentioned the obvious throwbacks to issue 1!?!?!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #69
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

As perfect as I felt last weeks episode was this episode multiplied that perfection by about a million. I was speechless after the end of the episode so much so that I needed to sleep on it and watch it again in order to fully organize my thoughts.

First just to make sure I say it the fact that Raphael got smacked into the the hotel sign and electrocuted rang so close to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project that I couldn't contain the smile on my face.

In the scope of the episode starting with Petey the Pigeon was great it totally threw me off the scent of what the episode would be about. Then as things started to fall into place and we were slowly introduced to the gauntlet that the Turtles would eventuslly would have to run throughout the episode was well paced and played out beautifully. By the time the Shredder showed up as the Turtles had the best hubris moment ever I was so mentally exhausted that I didn't think I would be able to deal. Luckily it playing out almost step for step like the climactic battle from the first movie gave me the second wind I needed to see it through. Perhaps the best part was that the mutation of Xever and Brad didn't end up being the battle of the week. I do feel for Xever though after seeing how effectively he was able to fight with his legs in this episode makes me feel for the fact that he lost his legs in the mutation.

I was also a huge fan of the ensemble feel of the plot. Instead of focusing on just one turtle this episode focused on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a group and thanks to all of the masterful character development we've been exposed to up until now made it such a great display. All of the turtles were spot on and seeing that the development actually enhanced the experience was refreshing. So often when there is heavy character development it all seems to be forgotten when the group comes together again. To see a kid's show where the character's are strong and dynamic with each other instead of just the strongest character takes control in group scenes is very refreshing.

One small gripe is the fact that arguably the very first mutants (Splinter and the Turtles) were perfect, so why is it after 15 years the mutagen is now creating more freak like mutants. My guess would be that its exposure to our dimension that caused its imperfection and that is what they are trying to have the scientists combat.

All in all I can not wai to see where this great story goes next and I'm thankful for the break next week in order to recover from the awesome storm that was this episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzekedaurus View Post
Also, also, were they making a reference to the dog who waited for it's master until death? Seems like an odd one to make in a show like this. The again, maybe not.
This is the first thing that I thought of, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was what they were going. It also plays in nicely to the character of Chris Bradford since Hachiko was hopelessly devoted to his master and so is Rad Brad.

Quote:
Accidental Mutants:
  1. Leonardo
  2. Donatello
  3. Raphael
  4. Michelangelo
  5. Hamato Yoshi/Splinter
  6. Snake/Snakeweed
  7. Vic/Spiderbytes
  8. Bradford/Dogpound
  9. Xever/Fishface
Non-accidental Mutants:
  1. Rockwell/Monkey
  2. Pigeon Pete

Nice list, but I'm not entirely convinced that the Turtles mutation was accidental. I'm basing this purely on the fact that in the theme song it shows Splinter placing the turtles in the ooze. I guess I have it in my head that Yoshi after being accidentally mutated by the ooze into a rat, that he took his unmutated pet turtles and mutated them, finally seeing a way to have students after being dishonoured by the Foot and get his revenge on Shredder. From there I think raising them as his sons softened him and he decided against the route of vengence. I feel this way because it my daughter were stolen by my greatest enemy, as has been heavily implied by the backstories, I would do anything even create mutant turtle ninjas to get her back.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #70
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

I really enjoyed every moment of this episode.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #71
bree23
Random Punk

this episode was so great! I'm so excited for next week! It looks as if things are really starting to heat up!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #72
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Bad news guys, the series is taking a little break from it's "new episode every Saturday rule". The next episode, titled "Panic In The Sewers", will not air until December 1st.
Odd! According to my TV guide, YTV has this listed for next Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
Awesome episode! I laughed at the beginning all through the whole smoke-bomb sequence, and the end fight was epic...until YTV here in Canada decided to make their lame guy talk in a split screen DURING THE ENTIRE FIGHT
I know right?! I mean where'd they find that idiot any way? He's so annoying

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #73
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Bad news guys, the series is taking a little break from it's "new episode every Saturday rule". The next episode, titled "Panic In The Sewers", will not air until December 1st.
I figured this episode was a good choice to leave us hanging with.

If I recall, the 4Kids series took a few weeks off after "The Shredder Strikes" part 2 aired.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #74
Powder
So tired of this place

Not much to say others haven't already, other than that I LOVE this series so much. Dear god. It's so funny & well choreographed.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #75
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Might be going out on a limb here but I feel like if this show keeps up this pace and doesn't implode upon itself in the second and third season it could end up as the best TMNT anything ever.

Comics, Cartoons, Movies, Games. Full stop.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord

I need to see Krang, Slash, Bebop/Rocksteady and Armaggon debut before I say its the best TMNT series ever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #77
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm curious as to why Shredder would be nice enough to even bother to give Xever a breathing machine and cyber legs.
He sees potential in this new turn of events, I would imagine.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #78
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
Best episode by far. How has no one mentioned the obvious throwbacks to issue 1!?!?!
just came down to say exactly that but methinks someone already mentioned at least the wounded turtles moment from issue 1...but there is more in the fight choreography taen from pannels from that sweet first issueloved that!there is even a akira kurosawa moment when donatello strikes with his bo and when the shredder grabs the attacking leonardo and throws him off that looked just like what shredder did in the debut with michelangelo....so very koooool!!....just saw the episode for the third time tonight(I am watching all the episodes that often actually..), but I thin I have merely started the re-watchathon....yeah, I loed mikes smoke bombs gags and raph laughing at aprils story....master splinter really worded his teachings so very well, it is so beautiful and effective the way he puts it and the way hoon lee delivers it...man, I cant wait to get that show on dvd one day!!!OH YEAH-speaking of comic adaptation here, did you get the koool graphics duo shade backgrounds in shredders battle??maximum kooool!even the faded sky like pete and kevin used to draw is exactly interpreted...man, I think I just HAVE to watch it immediatelly again!
hahahaha
its good to be green!
Booyakashaaaa!!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #79
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I am the only one who thought this episode felt like a two parter? It obviously wasn't, I guess it's just that there was so many things going on.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #80
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I need to see Krang, Slash, Bebop/Rocksteady and Armaggon debut before I say its the best TMNT series ever.
You've seen Krang already. A lot.

Also your only qualifier is certain characters appearing?

@~<3 Mom~@

Tags
2k12, nick