The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Xav
Foot Elite

Question Is Dogpound the new Hun?

Despite the face that Dogpound is well a dog, I fine them to be quite similar. They both are large brutes who fight mainly with their fists. They both are extremely loyal to Shredder. They both order around the Purple Dragons, and they both mistreat Baxter Stockman. In fact I found their personalities to be similar too. The way he treats Xever is similar to how Hun treated Baxter in the 2k3 toon.

Last edited by Xav; 12-13-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
zkarlette
Fashionably late

You are right, there are lots of similarities, but I hope that the actual Hun shows up at some point later on.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Dogpound is the new powerhouse among Shredder's ranks, so yes.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Stone Warrior

Dogpound looks like an expy of Hun and Rahzar.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Man, I'm having de-ja-vue. Back in '03, everyone kept saying "Is Hun the new Rocksteady?"

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
Vivi
Mad Scientist

They are both hulkingly large, fairly intelligent, and could be considered the right-hand man of their respective Shredders. So in many ways, yes.

I wonder if Bradford being part dog has made him more loyal than he originally was, however.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Every series Shredder has two similar henchmen:

Bebop and Rocksteady

Rahzar and Tokka

Hun and Baxter

Dogpound and Xever

But yeah, Dogpound is VERY similar to Hun.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
They are both hulkingly large, fairly intelligent, and could be considered the right-hand man of their respective Shredders. So in many ways, yes.

I wonder if Bradford being part dog has made him more loyal than he originally was, however.
Its still early with regards to how is mind will progress, but it had a negative impact on Rocksteady, who was originally one tough gang member. Hun was never mutated, so he always remained loyal to the Shredder from beginning to end. Its also weird though that Rhinos are large mammals yet it didn't make Rocksteady any bigger and even though the biggest dogs are much smaller than humans, it made Chris Bradford much larger, so perhaps the larger size had a positive impact on his mutation with regards to his ability. Fishface/Xever though seems to be much worse off than Bebop, not even moving from Shredder's hideout since his mutation. This Nick series of henchmen is the first in which there is a "Strong-Weak" bond, where Dogpound will frequently be put down by Fishface that could limit his potential. At least the "Weak-Weak" bond that was Rocksteady & Bebop was stable that just didn't work well against the Turtles and caused the series to be slapsticky, whereas Tokka & Rahzar (who in this case were animals turned mutants which universally has a positive power upgrade) along with Hun & either Baxter or Bishop were "Strong-strong" bonds that contributed to the deep action of Movie II and the 4kids series.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Hun was never mutated, so he always remained loyal to the Shredder from beginning to end.
Hun was mutated in Turtles Forever and he wasn't loyal to Cyber Shredder.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Nope. He's the new 'Bebop and/or Rocksteady'. It's just taking a few episodes for Xever to be able to get back on his side. Hun never had a sidekick/partner like Bebop and Rocksteady or Dogpound and Fishface.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
Ninjawolf
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Nope. He's the new 'Bebop and/or Rocksteady'. It's just taking a few episodes for Xever to be able to get back on his side. Hun never had a sidekick/partner like Bebop and Rocksteady or Dogpound and Fishface.
Maybe he takes bits from both Hun and Rocksteady? he's the big enforcer and he's part of a duo (wonder how he and Karai get along? I'm really looking forward to the Karai episode I really want to see if she's indeed Miwa)
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Karai probably isn't Miwa. Why would she change her name?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
Ninjawolf
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Karai could be her Code-name? or Shredder named her Karai when he adopted her? Like Shredder's real name is Oroku Saki
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lmao... She was a baby dude.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #15
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

I sure hope so. With Dogpound around it would honestly feel a little redundant to bring Hun in, I don't really see him adding a whole lot that Dogpound isn't perfectly capable of encompassing himself. I don't see why Shredder would need two huge, hulking, stupidly loyal henchmen to play around with, especially since Dogpound's already ten times more badass and threatening than Hun ever was. I know I sound like I hated Hun, which I didn't, he was alright and all for what role he had to fulfill, but I can't see Dogpound being okay with rubbing elbows with someone new, he's already pissy enough with Xever as it is.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjawolf View Post
Karai could be her Code-name? or Shredder named her Karai when he adopted her? Like Shredder's real name is Oroku Saki
Except Karai isn't a codename. That's like saying someone is using Tom or Mary as their codename.

So if Bradford is the new Hun... what does that make Xever? I say it's too soon to say anything until Xever rejoins his side once he gets the robot legs.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So if Bradford is the new Hun... what does that make Xever?
He's the new Bebop. Lanky black street punk who mutates into an animal form with a purple Mohawk.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Lmao... She was a baby dude.
So she changed her gender as well?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
So she changed her gender as well?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Chris Bradford in human form was definitely the new Hun who was the new Tatsu.

For some reason Shredder always needs some super loyal right-hand man in every incarnation. Until Karai shows up anyway.

Tags
2k12, 4kids