The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: It's too big to be a probe, right?
I am a MAN! 9 17.31%
Squee! Squee! Squee! 11 21.15%
Ah, the return of Cecil, the love-sick serpent... 8 15.38%
Stop Pinching your own Butt! 18 34.62%
Why do I have the urge to eat bread crumbs and poop on statues?! 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Episode Discussion S2 #21 "Plan 10"

http://vimeo.com/98662757

Someday I will learn how to embed vimeo videos....

Okay, so this show is a lil disconnected from the whole karai plotline it seems. We just saw the boys get blown up off a building last week. How does trading character brains contribute to the main storyline? Maybe this was supposed to be seen before last week's episode. Or is this just some more silliness to introduce another weird mutant person?

Who wants to start betting that Mike trains brains with something weird, like a squirrel or a turnip?

Let's enjoy the madness and be ready to discuss!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
Vicky82
Emperor

Official Episode Discussion S2 #21 "Plan 10"

Well, what the hell i'll make a new thread and Banshee can merge it when she come back online. So go nuts

Here are my thoughts

I was worried that I wasn't going to enjoy this episode because Idon't like these storylines but I was wrong, still it wasn't the best episode (not a top 10 episode) but it was so funny and I was laughing so hard throughout the episode, at one point I spat my tea out.

There was alot of stuff that returned in this episode. Kraang Prime and The Technodrome, The return of the Turtle sub and the the sea monster and he's still in love with it.

Leo must be really strong if he can carry Raph over his shoulders
Raph fighting himself was pretty cool.
Mikey wearing his pants
Mikey and Casey interacting more.
Donnie planning to build a turtle tech robot.

Funny Moments

Man in Pigeon saying he has an urge to eat breadcrumbs and poop on statues.
Mikey telling the mind swap man/pigeon " dude get a hold of yourself" and Donnie saying "Did you really just say that".
The mind swap man, thinking it was a dream and shouting, "I am a Man".
Mikey smacking Raph to wake him up but then tickles him and then the Kraang laughing.
Raph in Kraang body having trouble controling the Kraang android and trying to talk like them.
Kraang in Raphs body scaring people and spinning his head round - Exorcist reference - .
Casey laughing about the mind swap and then Splinter grabbing his ear.
Raph as a Kraang brain shouting "whoop! Whoop! Whoop! then running away saying "Squee! Squee! Squee!"
Mikey and Casey laughing and poking Raphs brain.
April and Casey swapping brains and when they swapped back Casey said e liked being a girl.

IGN gave it a 7.8

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/2...plan-10-review

Last edited by Vicky82; 06-22-2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: adding IGN review
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
MiBs
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I was laughing so hard throughout the episode, at one point I spat my tea out.
How very british
MiBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Finally saw it, Thought it was a good episode, Plenty of funny moments.

Also Casey Jones seems to be a an anime fan, saying how he hates dubbed anime, and prefer subtitles.

Also when Casey switches minds with April, He got a little pervy when in April's body, pinching her butt.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Finally saw it, Thought it was a good episode, Plenty of funny moments.

Also Casey Jones seems to be a an anime fan, saying how he hates dubbed anime, and prefer subtitles.

Also when Casey switches minds with April, He got a little pervy when in April's body, pinching her butt.
I was getting all mad at Casey for doing that....but my sister said "what do you expect a boy to do when he gets a girl's body???"

anyway~ my favorite part was the Casey and Mikey bonding moment....can we have more of that please *_*
Old 06-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
anyway~ my favorite part was the Casey and Mikey bonding moment....can we have more of that please *_*

Yeah, that was pretty humoring.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
https://i.imgflip.com/9rb97.gif

Yeah, that was pretty humoring.
it was so fudging cute!! *_*

Mikey and Casey should be tighter friends XD they are both doofuses lol
Old 06-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #8
BoxxHarry
Mouser

Quote:
Casey confirmed for being a weaboo.

This was a really funny episode. My favourite parts were all the scenes and shots of Kraang in Raph's body looking droopy. I wish they could have done more with the mind switching than just April/Casey, though.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
snake
Disgusting

I laughed at the anime joke, the plot wasn't too bad either. I enjoyed it better then any kraang episode from this season.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
Chinibio
Random Punk

I take i'm not the only one, who was sensing some pent up anger, when Mikey was slapping Raph This episode made me laught. Raph trying to control the kraang body was hilarious. For a moment i was sure (or at least i was hoping for it) that one of the turtles would end up having a deeper conversation with the kraag in Raphs body. It could have given some more insight about why the kraang are taking over worlds in the first place. Overall a very funny episode.
Chinibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

When Krang-Raph whupped Donnie and Mikey in the Shellraiser. It really showed how much physically stronger than the younger two he is.

In the same way in the first Rat King episode they suspected Splinter had gone easy on them in training, I guess Raph's gone easy on his brothers too. No matter how competitive you get with your siblings, you always tend to hold back more than you would against an opponent you don't know.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

When you add this with the turtle mech, the show is getting more and more anime-ish per episode. Lol.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #13
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
When Krang-Raph whupped Donnie and Mikey in the Shellraiser. It really showed how much physically stronger than the younger two he is.

In the same way in the first Rat King episode they suspected Splinter had gone easy on them in training, I guess Raph's gone easy on his brothers too. No matter how competitive you get with your siblings, you always tend to hold back more than you would against an opponent you don't know.
Raph is physically the strongest, but in this case I think he just took them all by surprise. Especially Mikey (who he already had a good grip on) and Donnie was plain confused but quickly figured it out.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #14
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I agree it wasn't the best episode. Heck, even the Casey/April mind switch while mildly amusing could have been better done, or left out entirely. What would have been slightly funnier is if Mikey and Leo switched minds for about five minutes.

It was great seeing Raph trying to control a body he wasn't familiar with. And also being able to access the Kraang communication orb to contact Donnie. It would been refreshing the have him fumbling around trying to figure out the controls as the other Turtles usually leave all the tech and sciencey stuff to Donnie. But oh well, they are going with what they have time to put in.

Donnie is developing plans for the Turtle Mech, which looked kinda like one of the mech in the Donatello one shot of the mirage comics.

And of course the preparations for the invasion of Earth.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
latmat
Random Punk

Was a fun episode - I liked how Splinter was using some wisdom and not just letting the turtles rush in. Gave it a nice touch that sometimes they really are over their heads...

Seemed like this episode is setting up season three, probably a more Krang. Hopefully we get to see some cross dimensional episodes. Maybe bring back leatherhead, that'd be cool.

I'd like to actually see some of the training that Splinter and April are doing, they just show them talking about it. Seems like that little fan of hers just does whatever they want in any given episode. I'd like to see that developed more and what her skills really are.

Was fun to get a glimpse into the Krang and the technodrome.

Ya Raph is pretty much able to manhandle Donny and Mikey. Leo and Raph sparring/fighting is more even.
latmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #16
Punker Don
Random Punk

I was honestly wasn't expecting to like this episode. I was worried it would end up retreading the same ground as the OT episode "The Old Switcheroo." Just watched it and really enjoyed it. It wasn't much of a twist on an old plot device, but it had more than enough humor and action to make it fun.

Spoiler:
It seems Donny might have ideas for giant turtle mecha. I don't know if I think that's really dumb, or really, really awesome. Gonna go with the latter for now.
Punker Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #17
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

I wasn't expecting much, but this episode actually turned out to be one of my favorites this series had to offer. I don't know why, but there were plenty of funny moments, it was nice seeing Raph trying to interact with the Kraang and seeing Kraang Prime operate many plans at once and was using Plan 10 to switch minds with the humans to take over their world (or at least that's what I understood from it). Really nice episode and the ending, wow, loved it.

Spoiler:
Metalhead might be coming back for the Season Finale!
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #18
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
What would have been slightly funnier is if Mikey and Leo switched minds for about five minutes.
Mikey would probably think it put him in charge like in the weapon switching episode.

"I'm the guy with the swords. I'm in charge!"
"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE IN MY BODY, IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU THE LEADER!"

Did anyone notice that Josh Peck didn't just voice Casey, in the credits he was listed as some skull guy. I think it was the in the tv show they were watching - he might've been the villain.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I do find it kind of repetitive. The krang are going to invade the earth??? Gasp!! Who saw that coming??? Oh wait. Wasn't that the big epic event at the end of season 1??? Didn't we walk this road before? How many times has kraang prime said 'let the invasion of earth begin' by now?

At this point I'm kinda bored with them and more interested in the shredder and his forces.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #20
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Mikey would probably think it put him in charge like in the weapon switching episode.

"I'm the guy with the swords. I'm in charge!"
"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE IN MY BODY, IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU THE LEADER!"

Did anyone notice that Josh Peck didn't just voice Casey, in the credits he was listed as some skull guy. I think it was the in the tv show they were watching - he might've been the villain.
I totally read that in Jason Biggs voice.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, nick