The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Riddle of the Ancient Aeons
Leo hugging Raph, now we need Donnie to hug Raph next. 12 19.05%
Fugitoid murdering a Triceraton 17 26.98%
Donnie and Casey having a gap tooth arguement 5 7.94%
"Don’t make me smack you! You see this? This is my smacking hand! 27 42.86%
Yikes!!! Raph could of killed Mikey 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #21
ToTheNines
[sic]

I just checked and Brandon Auman was the writer. Dude is so hit-or-miss.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #22
The Happy One
Hench Mutant

That episode was pretty good and probably the best out of all that we had so far.
I think, though, out of everything in this episode April was my favorite. I'm really loving her character these days and she's gaining a lot more- for a lack of better word- personality. I just really enjoyed watching her this episode.

And Casey? I just learned to live with it. He could be better....they just need to take it down a few ten or twelve notches on the who 'I'm dumb' trope.

Man, poor Leo Misses his Daddy...
But the mini fight/hug between him and Raph was nice to see- though I think it happened a bit too fast. I liked that the planet brought out they're deeper thoughts- things they hardly ever voice. That was a great touch.

And Mikey...darn, for a minute I thought he was a goner! But good for the kid to stick up for himself, even if it was just the rage talking.

Hah, I did get a crack out of Don and Casey's little 'whose gap is bigger' argument I was trying not to laugh but..hey, it was a little funny...

And Don...man, he was thrown around a lot in this ep
And, as usual, Fugitoid was such a treat!

Also really interested in that stone April took with her...Hmm...
Overall, great episode- a few bugs here and there- but nonetheless one of the best!
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #23
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

I missed the beginning of the episode, up until Mikey's helmet cracks open. What happens before then?

Anyway, for what I saw I thought it was okay. I don't remember laughing or finding much interesting. The two events that stood out were Leo hugging Raph and Fugitoid completely killing someone.
Seriously, who else is shocked that having a hero completely obliterate someone, and then turning it into a joke, got past the radar? Even if it was a nameless character (I think), that's still...just...wow. Most deaths so far in this series have been very serious and are usually the villains fault.
It's not a big deal, but this episode offered me so little to get excited about.
Also the turtles fighting against the demons reminded me of their very first fight in the series, when they kept getting into each other's way and couldn't work as a team. Have their abilities degraded that much?
Also, why does April only shoot things? She is a kunoichi, isn't she?
I do like the idea of a planet twisting their minds, but it was so glossed over and rushed.
5.5/10

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #24
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 View Post
I missed the beginning of the episode, up until Mikey's helmet cracks open. What happens before then?

Anyway, for what I saw I thought it was okay. I don't remember laughing or finding much interesting. The two events that stood out were Leo hugging Raph and Fugitoid completely killing someone.
Seriously, who else is shocked that having a hero completely obliterate someone, and then turning it into a joke, got past the radar? Even if it was a nameless character (I think), that's still...just...wow. Most deaths so far in this series have been very serious and are usually the villains fault.
It's not a big deal, but this episode offered me so little to get excited about.
Also the turtles fighting against the demons reminded me of their very first fight in the series, when they kept getting into each other's way and couldn't work as a team. Have their abilities degraded that much?
Also, why does April only shoot things? She is a kunoichi, isn't she?
I do like the idea of a planet twisting their minds, but it was so glossed over and rushed.
5.5/10
Maybe you should watch the whole episode before you rate it.

The reason the turtles were fighting the Demon Bats that way (getting in there way, couldn't work as a team) because the anger (caused by the evil planet) was taking over there minds and making them unfocused.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #25
Vicky82
Emperor

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/1...t-aeons-review

IGN Review is up 8.0

Old 01-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #26
The Happy One
Hench Mutant

Yeah, dude, definitely watch the beginning and you'll understand it a bit better.

As for April using blasters and not her kunoichi skills...well we must remember that she is basically at only but level 2 of all things ninjutsu so...
I mean, she's not a bad fighter but she ain't an A+ fighter either so it's probably best to either rely on her developing powers or a blaster...Good observation, though.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
God I hope we see demon april or corupted april in this. Would be pretty cool.
It was interesting that April (along with Fugitoid) were the only two members of the team seemingly uncorrupted by the planet's effect. So that added extra weight at the end when Donny said "anyone can be corrupted by power" as April stares wistfully into the glowing Soul Star fragment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
A nicely done episode with a great ending! Some of the plot reminded me a bit of the Eye of Zarnath arc from the OT, but it was a good way to pick up after a break. Also, seeing Splinter in a dream at the start of the episode is a good way to show how he might return later on.

Show Grade: 8/10
Yeah, I was reminded of another moment from the OT 2nd Season. The bit where the Turtles turn on each other was very reminiscent of "Splinter No More" where they are under the influence of Shredder's device. And April has to call their attention to the fact they are being controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Who wrote this one? It was funny and all, but the end felt like a crappy video game with all boring exposition. And so rushed in the final scene!

Really loved Fugitoid again. His whole bit threatening to spank everyone had me laughing out loud.
Brandon Auman.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 01-10-2016 at 10:32 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Did everyone noticed when
Spoiler:
The Fugitoid loses his arm when Mikey sets off a booby track, then in the next scene the Fugitoid had his arm back on?

What's up with that?
Old 01-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #29
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Spoiler:
The Fugitoid loses his arm when Mikey sets off a booby track, then in the next scene the Fugitoid had his arm back on?

What's up with that?
It wasn't Mikey who set the booby trap off, it was Casey.

I have to watch it again but I expect Fugitoid just popped it back in off screen.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And the "planet of angry feels" doesn't affect the humans why exactly?

Maybe it affected Casey, but he's kind of like that normally anyhow... though I guess he is the new Mikey with touching stuff. But good on him for just accepting responsibility for doing it and not throwing an attitude.

The monsters turning into the aliens was pretty predictable early on, but not in a bad way. More the way that gets the anticipation going and ending with an "I knew it!"

Oh god, but the Leo-Raph hug... Dammit Nick and your ability to make a person tear up a touch over a half hour action-oriented cartoon. You guys are good. Raph saying what he did though... just that one line alone felt like a jump in progress between characters with the whole conflict between him and Leo and Leo's closeness with Splinter.

Quote:
Spoiler:

What's up with that?
Didn't catch that. Enough going on after it I forgot about that piece. But it was cut off with a saw, so...cartoon magic I guess?

Although the way it was done made me laugh. "What's this do?" *arm taken off* "It does that."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #31
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Oh god, but the Leo-Raph hug... Dammit Nick and your ability to make a person tear up a touch over a half hour action-oriented cartoon. You guys are good. Raph saying what he did though... just that one line alone felt like a jump in progress between characters with the whole conflict between him and Leo and Leo's closeness with Splinter.
Oh, yeah, that was such a nice moment. Good tonal callback to the last episode of Season 2 when Mikey jumps to embrace Raph who's furious over losing Splinter.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #32
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Spoiler:

What's up with that?
I guess it's a usual gag that a robot/cyborg could easily lose its arm an reattach just as easily, much like C-3PO in numerous occasions.

But yeah they could at least show someone help him reattach his arm or something. Maybe it got cut to save time

BTW, you don't have to use a spoiler tag anymore, the episode has aired.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #33
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
And the "planet of angry feels" doesn't affect the humans why exactly?

Maybe it affected Casey, but he's kind of like that normally anyhow... though I guess he is the new Mikey with touching stuff. But good on him for just accepting responsibility for doing it and not throwing an attitude.

The monsters turning into the aliens was pretty predictable early on, but not in a bad way. More the way that gets the anticipation going and ending with an "I knew it!"

It did affect Casey. I guess it didn't affect April because she's half human half Kraang with psychic abilities.

I loved the hug and Leo saying 'I love you Raph' was adorable.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I guess it didn't affect April because she's half human half Kraang with psychic abilities.
Possible.

Or, was thinking while watching, for women it simply feels like "the planet of PMS" and, well, nothing new there so she handles it.

Although that place would be pretty convenient to point out at a later date. "Remember that planet?? I feel like that, so leave me alone!"
Old 01-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #35
The Happy One
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Possible.

Or, was thinking while watching, for women it simply feels like "the planet of PMS" and, well, nothing new there so she handles it.

Although that place would be pretty convenient to point out at a later date. "Remember that planet?? I feel like that, so leave me alone!"
Never thought if it that way!
Old 01-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #36
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Possible.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #37
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Today's episode was solid. I really haven't enjoyed the plots for season four, but I liked this one. I wonder if
Spoiler:
April might get too overprotective and obsessed with the power of that crystal the good aliens gave her.
That line Donnie said at the end could be foreshadowing that.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #38
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

:/
Still kinda disappointed with this season.
Yes, this episode was the best, and it's still early on, but I was hoping for a series of arcs that were connected, not just 'planet of the week'. They keep taking a step back from the emotional moments. That Raph/Leo scene should've been bigger than what it was.

Best thing about this episode is when Fugitoid was gonna pimp slap someone. Jesus, that had me rolling.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Today's episode was solid. I really haven't enjoyed the plots for season four, but I liked this one. I wonder if
Spoiler:
April might get too overprotective and obsessed with the power of that crystal the good aliens gave her.
That line Donnie said at the end could be foreshadowing that.
Yeah, was thinking likewise.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #40
matteso586
Stone Warrior

1) Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks that April's psychic powers is what's protecting her from the planet's corruption. And I understand why Fugitoid is not affected

2) Isn't it weird that the Triceratons somehow know where the fragments are?

3) It seems that Bishop's design comes with the tuxedo's too. Just look at the flashback.

4) Let's not assume the worst, and assume that the thing April was given will get the gang out of a dire situation later. Or it would help her with the whole missing mother thing.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, nick