The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #182
Vegita-San
Emperor

we can only hope.

especially if they stay true to their word about not going with 'experimental' directors and sticking to people with tried and true track records.

but, the point stands. getting rid of kennedy and johnson is only half the problem. you have to get rid of all the kennedy loyalists and clean house with anyone who puts agenda above story telling.

otherwise, the problem will continue.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #183
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

What they should really do is have Rey use the 'world between worlds' from rebels, to prevent Ben Solo's fall to the dark side. Then have her return to a galaxy where Luke, Leia and Han are all alive, the Jedi order was rebuilt by Luke and is stronger than ever, the New Republic is flourishing, Rey is a Knight in Luke's New Jedi order, and Kylo Ren never existed.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #184
Vegita-San
Emperor

i swear that's what filoni was doing when he set that up totally out of nowhere.

as a fail safe just in case.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #185
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
What they should really do is have Rey use the 'world between worlds' from rebels, to prevent Ben Solo's fall to the dark side. Then have her return to a galaxy where Luke, Leia and Han are all alive, the Jedi order was rebuilt by Luke and is stronger than ever, the New Republic is flourishing, Rey is a Knight in Luke's New Jedi order, and Kylo Ren never existed.
They were building up Kylo Ren to be a bigger threat than Darth Vader by doing things Anakin could not (kill his tether to the light and taking over the master). I feel like it actually hurt him instead because the moment I realized he was going to kill Han I wanted Kylo Ren to die. Still want it. I can forgive everything Disney did on one condition, that likely will not be met, Luke Skywalker remain alive. It could not hurt Disney's direction and would make more people happy than consider it a step back.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #186
Vegita-San
Emperor

the end is near. they apparently can't simply fire a woman these days. they have to care package her ego out.
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Old 09-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #187
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Guys, she's a legend. Look at the movies she has produced in the last 35 years. The last jedi sucks, it's true, but why should they fire her?
Disney failed to give the original trilogy, considered a masterpiece by generations, a satisfying continuation after more than 30 years. So what? Do you think it was an easy task? It was simply an impossible mission! Even George Lucas has partially failed with his prequel trilogy and he is the creator of Star Wars! Abrams and Johnson probably were not the best choice in the first place, Johnson is just an horrible screenwriter and Abrams is overrated, I guess. But... who knows? Do you think someone would have done better? Again, it was really, really a difficult task.
Kathleen Kennedy is not going anywhere.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:01 AM   #188
Vegita-San
Emperor

yep. an affirmative action 'legend' that was in the right place at the right time and probably couldn't be fired. who more than likely had nothing to do with the creative aspects of the movies she's attached too.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:14 AM   #189
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Guys, she's a legend. Look at the movies she has produced in the last 35 years. The last jedi sucks, it's true, but why should they fire her?
Disney failed to give the original trilogy, considered a masterpiece by generations, a satisfying continuation after more than 30 years. So what? Do you think it was an easy task? It was simply an impossible mission! Even George Lucas has partially failed with his prequel trilogy and he is the creator of Star Wars! Abrams and Johnson probably were not the best choice in the first place, Johnson is just an horrible screenwriter and Abrams is overrated, I guess. But... who knows? Do you think someone would have done better? Again, it was really, really a difficult task.
Kathleen Kennedy is not going anywhere.
Someone being a "legend" doesnt mean they're immune from criticism or untouchable.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #190
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Disney failed to give the original trilogy, considered a masterpiece by generations, a satisfying continuation after more than 30 years. So what? Do you think it was an easy task? It was simply an impossible mission!
Utter bullsh** and a FAKE narrative.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #191
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think he was being sarcastic.

I hope so, at least.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #192
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

I hope so, at least.
these days one can never be sure...that's why the plant graphic is always handy

Old 09-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #193
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yep. an affirmative action 'legend' that was in the right place at the right time and probably couldn't be fired. who more than likely had nothing to do with the creative aspects of the movies she's attached too.
You need to be very lucky to be in the right place at the right time for over 30 years. I don't believe it.
Frow wikipedia: "Kennedy is second to Spielberg in domestic box office receipts, with over $7 billion as of January 2018". She is super lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Someone being a "legend" doesnt mean they're immune from criticism or untouchable.
True. She's not immune from criticism and I have no problem saying the new Star Wars movies have been a failure for the most part. Ep7 was bland, Ep8 was junk. Rogue one was good actually and I haven't watched Solo yet but I hear good things about it.
People theese days want her dead or in jail for ruining their favorite franchise. What I'm saying is that a couple of bad movies are not enough to put her job in a dangerous position as she comes from an history of incredible success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I love you
Old 09-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #194
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You need to be very lucky to be in the right place at the right time for over 30 years. I don't believe it.
Frow wikipedia: "Kennedy is second to Spielberg in domestic box office receipts, with over $7 billion as of January 2018". She is super lucky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathle...r)#Filmography

Damn, I see what you mean...
Old 09-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #195
Vegita-San
Emperor

Again, apparently from what I've seen, she got hired due to some kind of 'diversity hire' lawsuit. chances are, she couldn't be fired even if they wanted to do so. quotes from speilburg claim she wasn't too great at her job. she's married to someone with connections.....and all indications seem to point that she was not involevd with the creative directions of any of these movies.

seems to me she was in the right place at the right time.

I'm still of the mind that this was george lucas' ultimate revenge against her. 'think you're so good, lets see how long you last in charge'..

Old 09-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #196
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Again, apparently from what I've seen, she got hired due to some kind of 'diversity hire' lawsuit.
You don't put a lot of money in the hands of someone you don't trust. Male or female.

Quote:
quotes from speilburg claim she wasn't too great at her job. she's married to someone with connections.....and all indications seem to point that she was not involevd with the creative directions of any of these movies.
Let's see these quotes. Give me a link.

Quote:
I'm still of the mind that this was george lucas' ultimate revenge against her. 'think you're so good, lets see how long you last in charge'..
Lucas' revenge. Sure.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:46 PM   #197
Vegita-San
Emperor

as I recall, it was in a 5 page article or interview I Saw online.

I'm trying to refind it, but my google search skills suck. cue 'sure you are' response that I can already hear forming.

that video I posted above from WCB does a good job of explaining things though.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #198
sdp
Megan Fox = April

She's not leaving, this thread is FAKE news.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #199
Vegita-San
Emperor

found this fan theory online, regarding 'future is female' EW cover...

>>>
So you've been wondering where Kathleen Kennedy is, and why she's so quiet ? Well, she's being trained/groomed/brought up to speed on taking over for Bob Iger or getting promoted to a higher position than she is/was when she was heading up the Star Wars brand. This is a small sign of her doing ... everyone saying she's fired, .... I'm saying she's being quietly promoted.

remember the "The Force is Female" tee shirts that Kathleen Kennedy was rocking .... well we're seeing it here now in the MCU, the "Future is Female". >>>

THAT would be a REALLY scary thing. and the END of disney, IMHO.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #200
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
found this fan theory online, regarding 'future is female' EW cover...

>>>
So you've been wondering where Kathleen Kennedy is, and why she's so quiet ? Well, she's being trained/groomed/brought up to speed on taking over for Bob Iger or getting promoted to a higher position than she is/was when she was heading up the Star Wars brand. This is a small sign of her doing ... everyone saying she's fired, .... I'm saying she's being quietly promoted.

remember the "The Force is Female" tee shirts that Kathleen Kennedy was rocking .... well we're seeing it here now in the MCU, the "Future is Female". >>>

THAT would be a REALLY scary thing. and the END of disney, IMHO.

Tags
kathleen kennedy, lucasfilm, vegita-san hates women