The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Wait, what?

She was supposed to be Shredder's superior within the Foot Clan? She had no relational baggage, familial or otherwise? She even had her own autonomy/agency to boot?

... And then the showrunners decided to just, ... take that all away?

Man, this show was really sexist ...
To be fair they were following 2K3's lead. Even TMNT Tournament Fighters hyped her as a bigger threat than Shredder, but 2K3 for many it was their introduction to Karai, and they blew it making her Shredder's lackey.

Ironically there woulda been tons of complaints, among things they were already complaining about like teen April and whatnot, if 2K12 made Karai someone above Shredder.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #42
newfan
Mad Scientist

Karai.
I'm wondering if maybe the change in origin to begin with was either just a new spin on her character which seemed to take or was it was due to Shredder sorta becoming the main stream big bad in other media during that time? so they fit her in a different way? I don't know if anyone has insight there. She has gone on to rise up and lead the foot in more than one version since being used in this way, in this show at a younger age too.

So far as this incarnation I loved this character and so I don't wish we hadn't gotten her, I know it's easier to say that when you are newer to a franchise, I do get why others would prefer it to be different given the origin. I wasn't happy with her remaining a mutant but at least she could be and chose to be in human form most of the time.

Shredder.
I'd just mildly tone down that blinded rage, just to give him a little more focus.

Last edited by newfan; 03-04-2020 at 11:01 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #43
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
but they are going way overboard in 2012 and 2k3 with how he's the only one that can take on Shredder and Karai. Poor Mikey ended up not being much of a threat, and I just wished we could get an animated version similar to the Mikey we saw in the 1990 movie.
You remember how Michelangelo effortlessly schooled that foot recruit in that “nunchuck-off”, it highlighted how a nunchuck took more skill and dexterity than everyone else’s weapon, and that Michelangelo seriously might’ve been smarter than Leonardo and Raphael and just puts on a clown act to cover up the fear of losing his father.With this idea being brought up during the pizza delivery scene with Mike turning away and changing the topic when Don brings it up, with that culminating in him openly sobbing at the campfire?

And then how Michelangelo will never be allowed to be this competent or layered again because the people in charge of the property think funny must equal vegetable at all times
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #44
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
Casey: Being less full of himself and actually receiving training by the turtles or Splinter in martial arts, without losing his own fighting style..
See this right here is one of the reasons i wish this show had a little more space for another “tales of”, particularly one about Casey, seeing him evolve into a 1990 level chad would be all kinds of awesome.
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:57 AM   #45
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Time to pay my two cents into the hat~

Leonardo
I'm fine with Leo being a bit of a dork as that seems to be a trend in every animated version. This one is the only one that makes it intentional. But I don't like the Soap Opera love relationship with Karai. Would make him seem less like an asshole and only protray him in such a way when it's clear he is suppose to be the one in the wrong.

Donatello
Killing off Apritello or whatever that ship is? Don't care it will die and at best they will be close friends. If it is ever brought up? Have it be implied Don likes her in that manner but never pursue's it. Making it more sad and the audience feels something other than revulsion. I would also make him less of a pushover, he may speak his mind more than 2k3 but he is definitely more of a doormat ironically. Name one time where he stood up for himself and it didn't end with him being the butt of a joke or quickly cowering? You could probably count them on one hand?

Raphael
Sigh there is more to Raph than his anger, and the quicker each animated version showcases that more the better. Every now and then we get an episode that doesn't make overuse his archetype. but the one's that do really, really do. Would make him a lot less whiney and this is coming from someone who watched and tolerated Raph in Fast Forward.

Michelangelo
Not.Dumb.Period!!! I swear each Mikey gets dumber every new series. And this Mikey is without a doubt my least favorite animated version. He barely beats out the Bay Mikey for worst version of the character. So many other aspects of the character to focus on than his comedy potential. At this point 2k3 did more with his character and I hate him there too. But at the very least that version has some of my favorite episodes of the series tied to him.

That's all I've got for now, will do the others later.