The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
sdp
Megan Fox = April

GTA 6 gets a release date!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gt.../1100-6493368/
Quote:
Fans have been waiting for almost eight years for a new Grand Theft Auto game, and according to one leaker with a solid track record, that gap between main entry releases won't be over until 2025. Something which Take-Two's statements during a recent shareholder event backed up recently.

Tom Henderson--who previously leaked Call of Duty and Battlefield 2042 details--has released a new video and in it, he claimed that GTA 6 will be set in a modern-day version of Vice City. This runs contrary to previous reports that GTA 6 would be set in the 1980s, with Henderson claiming that developer Rockstar wants to ensure as much freedom as possible for its staff when it comes to creating content for GTA Online.
Henderson also discussed a potential for the GTA 6 map to change over time, similar to how Epic Games regularly overhauls its Fortnite map during end-of-season events. There was also a mention of GTA 6 having multiple playable characters, something which GTA 5 introduced to the series when it first came out. Even if these rumors are true, fans are going to be in for a long wait due to several factors. Henderson said that Rockstar has placed a greater emphasis on employee wellbeing in the wake of several reports detailing the crunch work conditions that were implemented before Red Dead Redemption 2 came out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most games that aren't Call of Duty/Assassin's Creed now come out over a decade apart.

The next Elder Scrolls is slated for around that time too. Anything that isn't a Ubisoft franchise actually has noticeable time gaps now to make games.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 06-30-2021 at 06:38 AM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
AquaParade
Banned

It's because everyone is playing GTA online and spending a ton of money in that ecosystem.

Rockstar has no reason to put put another GTA until that slows down. It's like waiting for your little brother to finish his peas so you can all sit down and have ice cream.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:18 AM   #4
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Honestly, I think GTA is gonna go the way of Call of Duty in that GTA Online will be their version of Warzone in that the content is always changing but you don't need to download anything new. GTA 6 might not have any multi to it.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:09 AM   #5
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It's because everyone is playing GTA online and spending a ton of money in that ecosystem.

Rockstar has no reason to put put another GTA until that slows down. It's like waiting for your little brother to finish his peas so you can all sit down and have ice cream.
Recap of the whole "GTA 6 CONFIRMEDEFSDFG".

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Who needs GTA6 anymore, Oculus just announced GTA San Andreas! Holy crap, after playing Resident Evil 4 on Oculus last week, it is an amazing experience you literally feel you're there. Can't wait to play San Andreas and actually be in the world!
Damn, I feel like a little kid excited for a video game again.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Who needs GTA6 anymore, Oculus just announced GTA San Andreas! Holy crap, after playing Resident Evil 4 on Oculus last week, it is an amazing experience you literally feel you're there. Can't wait to play San Andreas and actually be in the world!
I wonder what you see when you're banging a prostitute in the game. And I'm assuming the Oculus GTA San Andreas will be based within the GTA Trilogy Remastered versions that come out in a week or so?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I wonder what you see when you're banging a prostitute in the game. And I'm assuming the Oculus GTA San Andreas will be based within the GTA Trilogy Remastered versions that come out in a week or so?
Yeah I fear for the prostitutes being removed since the removal of sexual references in RE4 were removed because FB asked Capcom if it was ok. They mostly want a "clean" platform and remove themselves from controversy, hell even Rockstar has censored some stuff IIRC on their own. Killing prostitutes in VR will likely be considered "too much".

The RE4 on oculus is its own thing, from what I can tell it has better textures and some models than the original games but it doesn't have all the upgrades the other console versions have had in recent years either. The Quest 2 processor is still fairly simple, so I'm guessing San Andreas will be somewhere in between but not as good as the remaster. The immersion will more than make up for it though.

Well we'll know soon enough I guess. it's funny how all the controversy GTA had in the early 00's with Jack thompson, conservative groups and the hot coffee mod only to see them fold for liberal groups. We saw the Simpsons give in to censorship but perhaps wanting to appeal to Disney helped make those decisions. Who knows.

Now we don't know if GTA SA will be First person view or not, if it isn't then it'll just handle it like the normal game does. I hope it is first person though or I'll lose a lot of the hype, but if it is indeed first person then you can bet you won't be able to see anything as it would be considered a sex game then and have an AO rating.

Last edited by sdp; 12-04-2023 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Killing prostitutes in VR will likely be considered "too much".
If so -- and I think that would be stupid if so -- it would be interesting to see if, conversely, they decide killing cops is still OK.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:14 PM   #10
The Deadman
Foot Elite

GTA 6 Release Date Could Be As Early As 2023, Analyst Suggests
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gt.../1100-6499616/

Old 01-14-2022, 03:51 PM   #11
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

There are also rumros about Bulyl 2 release this year but we will see. I will play again GTA5 when they relase the remake later this year. iam curious how much better i will look my pc now since it is much more powerful than in 2015 when they released gta 5 for pc then.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:47 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Seems like it will be set in Miami (Vice City) and features a female co-lead. It sounds like you can toggle between her and her boyfriend with like a Bonny & Clyde vibe. Maybe that's how they get out of letting players bang hookers?

https://www.darkhorizons.com/gta6-he...emale-co-lead/

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-28-2022 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2022, 09:01 PM   #13
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I dont think that's gonna matter based on people reading the woman will be the lead part. Now GTA is apparently woke.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:18 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I dont think that's gonna matter based on people reading the woman will be the lead part. Now GTA is apparently woke.
Doesn't sound like there is a lead. It'll be like GTA5 except 2 characters (a couple) instead of 3.

I don't really see a problem in and of itself. At a certain point it'd be weird if there wasn't a playable female character.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:26 AM   #15
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The latest leak say it will be from April until May which means that it could release in 8 onths from now at the earliest if the release date is April. They might announce something in the next big games event which is Games com at August 24!
Old 12-04-2023, 04:32 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Trailer:

Old 12-04-2023, 05:30 PM   #17
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

See you guys in 2 more years. Haha.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:46 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Looks really good, but by 2025 we'll be halfway through this generation (or even most of it, since this gen started in 2020).

All I can say is thank god Rockstar decided not to annualize GTA like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, or so many other franchises. It makes the wait for new GTA games feel much more special and a big event each gen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:40 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I thought for sure it'd be a spring, summer 2024 release. Lame.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:03 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Am I the only one that thinks the graphics look bad? It all looks like CG from the late 2010s if this is coming out in 2025 I'd expect something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All I can say is thank god Rockstar decided not to annualize GTA like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, or so many other franchises. It makes the wait for new GTA games feel much more special and a big event each gen.
I dunno I think the extremes are bad. This will come out 12 years after 5. The difference between San Andreas and GTA4 was 4 years, I think that makes more sense. I can have a new GTA every 5-6 years but over a decade?

3/Vice City/San Andreas were basically annual releases but I'm glad they didn't continue that trend. The formula was still so fresh each game felt different but it does need a break after that. Assassins Creed's first 3 games felt so amazing but after that they started to feel so generic, it's only been a few stand out AC games every few years so yeah I think not having annual releases is a big plus.