Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:40 AM   #22
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Whoa, this is super cool! Love seeing April kick a little ass. And the grayscale colour option is a nice touch. Really looking forward to how this develops. Thanks for sharing, Nelson!

And nice job on the theme, Powder! I love it when folks around here get creative.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #23
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Sweet, thanks, glad you like it! I haven't played your demo yet but if any sections of that are ones you'd like to have original music for, let me know. Being familiar with each level will give me a good idea on how to score them. & if that track I was working on fits in anywhere, that too can be used (once completed, that is). As for that other project I mentioned, I never put it out. I didn't use SNES sounds for it (just vaguely similar stuff) which made me sorta self conscious about the overall presentation. I put it aside in the hopes I'd one day be able to match it to the SNES port, but I've yet to. If I could find out what kinda keyboard was used on TiT & Sunset Riders, I'd make soundfonts or VST's out of them & replace what's there now. At any rate, the songs are decent enough to share with you, if nothing else, so I'll shoot you a link to that in a PM, as well as some voice clips I have from the 1987 series.
We could use it for the Dimension X level. I would also like to have a new boss fight theme for the penultimate enemy in the game, and it would be a remix of a specific BGM from the cartoon (if possible). But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I'm listening to the TiT tracks right now and they're a lot of fun! I'm not reading their titles but it's obvious which one is based on which. I think they're cool as they are though, but if you really need them to sound like the arcade, maybe coatlesscarl from youtube could lend a hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Irma too! And Super Irma? You really do think of everything!
Danke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Whoa, this is super cool! Love seeing April kick a little ass. And the grayscale colour option is a nice touch. Really looking forward to how this develops. Thanks for sharing, Nelson!

And nice job on the theme, Powder! I love it when folks around here get creative.
Thanks!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #24
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Is it too late now to continue?
Well it's been "in production" since like 08 or 09, and I haven't touched it in 3 years... plus I was going to get a remake of oldmanwinters' game out first. Life and original content games have taken precedence.

Maybe someday.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
plus I was going to get a remake of oldmanwinters' game out first. Life and original content games have taken precedence.

Maybe someday.
Woo-hoo!
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Te...s:_Deliverance

I like to think that my little project from ten years ago might have at least helped to put the idea for this masterful game into Nelson's head!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #26
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
i just downloaded the demo. can't wait to try it out

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

Played the demo last night, this thing is super duper awesome. & the voice clips really enhance the experience! My only problem with it was using keyboard controls, as I am absolutely terrible with them. Is it possible you could make this compatible with USB controlled like say a USB SNES or Xbox 360 controller? I tried to figure it out on my own but was unsuccessful.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:57 PM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Played the demo last night, this thing is super duper awesome. & the voice clips really enhance the experience! My only problem with it was using keyboard controls, as I am absolutely terrible with them. Is it possible you could make this compatible with USB controlled like say a USB SNES or Xbox 360 controller? I tried to figure it out on my own but was unsuccessful.
(My wife and) I used my USB controller. You can set the controls in one of the options menus

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #29
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
(My wife and) I used my USB controller. You can set the controls in one of the options menus
I only used the keyboard, but, yeah, I think that option is pretty standard with OpenBOR games.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I tried, but it didn't work for some reason. Guess I'll have to give it another go later.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #31
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks man. Regarding the controller, make sure it's plugged and recognized by the system before launching the game.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #32
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Game looks fun. Love how April uses Microphone as a weapon.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #33
Mini-Turtle
Random Punk

Quote:
I tried, but it didn't work for some reason. Guess I'll have to give it another go later.
Worked fine for me with my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.

Now, for some things I've noticed:

Battleship: The cannons are supposed to burn characters, not knock them away. Hopefully this will be resolved, if it isn't too much of a hassle to create burnt sprites for each character. Also, falling into the water should only take away some energy, not cost a whole life.

April: I really like the microphone attack, but feel she should also have some ninja moves, such as a flying kick. "Hey, if you're in enough of these episodes, some of it's bound to rub off!"

"My sweet little turtle tush! Ow! Owie! Ow!"
Mini-Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #34
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Anal retentative note:

You should note Stan Sakai alongside Mirage and such in the opening disclaimer, if you're going to include Usagi.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 PM   #35
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Game looks fun. Love how April uses Microphone as a weapon.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Turtle View Post

Battleship: The cannons are supposed to burn characters, not knock them away. Hopefully this will be resolved, if it isn't too much of a hassle to create burnt sprites for each character.
Well, that's exactly the reason. There are so many characters in this game, that special animations such as those would take too much time. This is also the reason why the turrets don't shoot fireballs anymore, but rather some kind of energy balls. I might add some fire effect for the falling animation of the characters down the line. Right now other things take precedence. But thank you for pointing that out.

Quote:
Also, falling into the water should only take away some energy, not cost a whole life.
I'll look into this.

Quote:
April: I really like the microphone attack, but feel she should also have some ninja moves, such as a flying kick. "Hey, if you're in enough of these episodes, some of it's bound to rub off!"
I don't know about this one. Sure she could have learnt ninjitsu at some point, but that never happened. There will be other female martial artist characters in the game, you may prefer to play as those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Anal retentative note:

You should note Stan Sakai alongside Mirage and such in the opening disclaimer, if you're going to include Usagi.
Good catch! Thanks.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:16 AM   #36
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Anal retentative note:

Credit where credit is due!
I wouldn't mind Usagi having a bit more range with his regular weapon, even though he does have a projectile special. Seems like I have to be right up on an enemy to him them. But I understand balancing is tedious task!

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know about this one. Sure she could have learnt ninjitsu at some point, but that never happened. There will be other female martial artist characters in the game, you may prefer to play as those.
I think Mini-Turtle is referring to a gag near the end of the episode "Raphael, Turtle of Thousand Faces" where April fakes out an armed gangster with a flying ninja kick (that never actually connects with anybody) to buy Raphael some strategy time. That's when you used the line "Hey, if you're in enough of these episodes, some of it's bound to rub off!"

Personally, I think April is powered up enough as it is, but if you're gonna throw in some added twist, I think it'd be wild to reference one of her occasional mutation forms (Cat Woman from Channel Six, Rebel without a Fin, or Revenge of the Fly) since you've already got "Super Irma" in there.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 PM   #37
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I think Mini-Turtle is referring to a gag near the end of the episode "Raphael, Turtle of Thousand Faces" where April fakes out an armed gangster with a flying ninja kick (that never actually connects with anybody) to buy Raphael some strategy time. That's when you used the line "Hey, if you're in enough of these episodes, some of it's bound to rub off!"
I knew something like that happened but didn't remember the specifics. Thanks, oldman.

I have been working a little on the Dojo stage and on a map like the one from TMNT1, but I feel they're still a bit ugly to be shown. So instead I bring you this Antrax sprite I made in December:

Old 03-04-2015, 08:05 AM   #38
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I knew something like that happened but didn't remember the specifics. Thanks, oldman.

I have been working a little on the Dojo stage and on a map like the one from TMNT1, but I feel they're still a bit ugly to be shown. So instead I bring you this Antrax sprite I made in December:

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...rso/antrax.png
A professional executioner from Dimension X is a great idea for a character. It's too bad Antrax is still so relatively obscure even though he did get an appearance in the old cartoon!

View my sketch work!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #39
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

It's great to see a thread about the progress of this project, because I remembering seeing the video a few months ago on YouTube, but was unsure if it was going anywhere. Thankfully, it seems to be progressing well!

As others have said before, the attention to detail brings a lot to the game!
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:20 PM   #40
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
It's great to see a thread about the progress of this project, because I remembering seeing the video a few months ago on YouTube, but was unsure if it was going anywhere. Thankfully, it seems to be progressing well!

As others have said before, the attention to detail brings a lot to the game!
Thank you very much for your words, Refractive Reflections.

----

Here's the map of the game:

Tags
fan game, remix