The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #701
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Not even close.

The scene in which the turtles realize they are bulletproof if you look close show bullets hitting other parts of their bodies with no ill effect. You can see it more clearly as Raph is flexing out the bullets are coming out of his skin as it instantly heals.

The electrocution wasn't all that affective either. It only seemed to be able to subdue them when the turtles gave up then again like the tranquilizer darts I assume what "harms" the turtles will be conveniently arbitrary based on what plot they want.

As for the other - I've always preferred the turtles anonymity. If they must be open to the public it should be at the end of the story as It opens a can of worms I don't think the movie is up to tackling.
This. Exactly this.

The Turtles are bullet proof and super strong. There is officially no tension or legitimate threat that the police could provide so the scene is completely pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
It takes a special kind of tool to be okay with thta.
You're that special kind of tool.
Do you know how ridiculous it is for people to just believe that these guys are people in costumes?
Seriously.
http://i.imgur.com/2sHYEGn.png
This too.

Apparently Sharkblade thinks everybody in NY is braindead. Because that's the only was anybody, even in a sh*tty movie series like this, would believe those are Halloween costumes.

Maybe that's why that NY mascot scene was cut from the first movie. It was deemed too stupid even for THAT movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
So THIS must be the 'cool' car that Stephen Amell was quoted as saying Casey gets to drive in the movie:

http://i.imgur.com/FasHkcH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ksuu9MT.jpg
Thank god Casey gets to drive an expensive car in this movie. Don't know what I would have done with myself if I didn't get THAT super important scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #702
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
You guys will like this.

The 4 guys having a little fun with a kid on the set.

https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.ne...60667096_n.jpg
Cute!

Oh yeah, after thought:
Quote:
exclusive spy photography of two actress ... I screamed at them...
You are a terrible spy. Kick this one out of ninja school, pronto.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #703
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
You guys will like this.

The 4 guys having a little fun with a kid on the set.

https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.ne...60667096_n.jpg
while cute im am surprised they would let a kid fan meet the "turtles" since there is no hidding illusion ..its just buys in grey suits....unless he is an extra

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
Old 05-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #704
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
Do you know how ridiculous it is for people to just believe that these guys are people in costumes?
Seriously.
Well in 2k3 toon, the purple dragon went like "what's with the dweebie costumes? This ain't Halloween". I believe that scene was inspired by Mirage #1.

So it's not too farfetched that other people think that too. Unless were just gonna dismiss 2k3 and Mirage comic as ridiculous too, which is fine.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #705
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Well in 2k3 toon, the purple dragon went like "what's with the dweebie costumes? This ain't Halloween". I believe that scene was inspired by Mirage #1.

So it's not too farfetched that other people think that too. Unless were just gonna dismiss 2k3 and Mirage comic as ridiculous too, which is fine.
And that was at night in a dark alley, not broad daylight. And the Turtles were't seven feet tall monsters. The Purple Dragons are also idiots.

So yes it is farfetched.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #706
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So if people don't think they're costumes, then they'd treat them as alien/unexplainable phenomenon and be wary of them. That's great.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #707
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't think it's a matter of dismissing those sources, but just dealing with the fact that it's cartoon/comic vs realistic live action. Cartoons can get away with a lot more ridiculousness; not so much for a movie that wants the audience to believe this is all real.

It's one thing for the original films to pretend the costumes are real and the audience to do likewise. More awkward for the new films to expect the audience to see it as real but for some reason the humans in it are somehow too dumb to see that the characters in front of them are real.

Besides, when April met the Turtles (2014), through all her wooden expressions she never once presumed they were in costumes. So why would anyone else.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #708
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Live from the set of #tmnt2 I'm proud to premiere news of a new character in film two called "shells" who I can only guess is a crustacean mutant in the tradition of Ray filet.
- crustacean
- Ray filet
- nice try
Old 05-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #709
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So if people don't think they're costumes, then they'd treat them as alien/unexplainable phenomenon and be wary of them. That's great.
And so now the police know for sure they exist and will have to either capture them or destroy them. They will not let them just do their thing.

If they do, giant plot hole they could drive that new toy garbage truck through.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #710
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Thank god Casey gets to drive an expensive car in this movie. Don't know what I would have done with myself if I didn't get THAT super important scene.
C'mon, without smokin' hot babes and groovy cars, how else is Bay going to get his fans to shell out (heh) for a ticket?

As the man himself has said, he makes movies for teenage boys. This ain't a Turtles movie, it's another formulaic Bay vehicle with all his usual tropes and flim-flammery.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #711
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
C'mon, without smokin' hot babes and groovy cars, how else is Bay going to get his fans to shell out (heh) for a ticket?

As the man himself has said, he makes movies for teenage boys. This ain't a Turtles movie, it's another formulaic Bay vehicle with all his usual tropes and flim-flammery.
Nostalgia Critic said it best. He's got them by the penis and they deserve better than that.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #712
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I wonder what's happening here, It looks like if one of the Turtles is stuck, and April is trying to push him in?

Last edited by TigerClaw; 05-13-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:21 PM   #713
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Nostalgia Critic said it best. He's got them by the penis and they deserve better than that.
You'd think it'd be pretty hard to grab hold of something that's only 2 inches long.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 05-13-2015, 09:29 PM   #714
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
You'd think it'd be pretty hard to grab hold of something that's only 2 inches long.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #715
Mellie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I wonder what's happening here, It looks like if one of the Turtles is stuck, and April is trying to push him in?

Rapharooni too fat to fit
Old 05-13-2015, 11:13 PM   #716
raphmike
Foot Soldier

same happen when raph don't fit in car first movie.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #717
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

To me its not so much he doesnt fit, as he's fighting to stay outside. Almost like April asked him to go inside, and he is refuses.

he could easily overpower her obviously but is just taking a stubborn stance against having to go into what looks like police custody.

in the first movie they ripped Amazing Spiderman...I'm calling it now, the Turtles surrender to the police to earn their trust a la Man of Steel.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #718
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Wow lots has happened since I was last here, guys.

- None of my casting predictions which I was adament about came true
- I know eff-all about Stephen Amell (and am not gonna start getting into Arrow) but his casting was met largely positively online so it seems the role is in good hands. It's the hair & costumes that concern me. He needed a wig not only to resemble Jones but to differenciate himself from his Arrow look. His clothes are too clean & basic and the hockey mask with a crewcut on top isn't particularly striking. Ah well. I binge watched some interviews with him & he seems like a good dude & has an appropriately devilish grin. Would kill to watch CM Punk's audition & whoever else tried out for the role. Would've prefered Jason Momoa but whatever.
- Tyler Perry played an ultimately pointless role in Gone Girl yet stole every scene he was in. If he can bring that same charisma to Baxter Stockman then he's gonna dominate the human cast.
- JUDITH HOAG. I jumped out of my skin at that headline & couldn't be happier. She'll be the Whoopi Goldberg equivalent of this film but I don't care. I'm just stoked she's finally in another TMNT movie. Elias Koteas and/or Josh Pais for part 3.
- Relieved to see Rocksteady's mo-cap actor. For a second I thought they were gonna make B + R so huge that they'd just be 100% animated like the new Godzilla.
- Laura Linney is particularly random (anyone else find her hot back in the day?) but she's pretty bulletproof an actress - she's always good. Megan looks gooood (can't believe there was a time here when everyone was debating whether she's attractive or not) and they appear to be giving her more to do.
- Anyone know if Woodburn is back? He was essentially a stand-in on the original since his voice was dubbed over & his fight double did everything that wasn't just standing.

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
Old 05-14-2015, 03:03 AM   #719
Shark_Blade
Emperor

We are truly blessed to have all these wonderful things for this movie (and also the last one). And Megan Fox is a gifted and wonderful actress, and she's stunningly beautiful! We are so lucky! Praise and thanks God Almighty for all these goodness, I'm very grateful.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:13 AM   #720
Powder
So tired of this place

C'mon, you can try harder than that.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2