Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #81
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Silly? Uh, no.

I believe it is more of a matter that we prefer different angles on it... indulging in folklore vs exploring the use of trickery that created said folklore. You want them magical (I guess?), while I'd rather they only trick their enemies into thinking they are (thus instilling fear and uncertainty and throwing them off balance). C'est la vie.
Okay, as a matter of taste, I agree, you are correct. What I was saying is, that saying the turtles CAN'T use ninja magic is silly. Not WANTING them to is perfectly fine. And I agree, it is a matter of taste.

Also, you are correct that I want them to use magical martial arts abilities. I'm a big fan of the shaw brothers mystical kung-fu films from hong kong, as well as movies like big trouble in little china, and other wuxia films involving magic. I'm also a fan of anime and video games with ninja that have mystical abilities, like Goemon the mystical ninja, as well as ninja in toku shows with mystical abilities.; like sentai hurricanger (power rangers ninja storm) and ninninger (power rangers Ninja Steel) non-magical martial arts shows/movies are entertaining, but less interesting to me.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #82
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Hahaha. Cancellation? You must live in a parallel universe where TTG didn't survive past its first season. If that show lasted as long as it did, then surely a show that looks at least 8% better if you squint at it will do just as well if not better. Now something like Thundercats Roar I can see bombing quiet easily. If only because Thundercats isn't a long lived adaptable franchise like the turtles. And it doesn't have an entire king's library of content to explore and make fun of like TTG.

Turtles is a flexible concept. This could actually be an okay show.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 06-16-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #83
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I just love a lot of the reasons some people give for hating this;

"Where are Krang and Shredder? It's not TMNT without the Krang and shredder! I don't' care about other villains, I want my krang and shredder!"
Batman has the joker. Superman has Lex Luther. Optimus has Megatron. There are characters within a universe that are staples and expected, this isn't unique to tmnt or an odd trait for the fanbase by any means.

Quote:
"Why do they have magic powers? I don't care if ninjas in Japanese folklore have magic powers, turtles must have no powers!"
2k3 gave them magic powers, heck movie1 has splinter appear via meditative fire magic, I've never seen anyone make any real complaints about either. I think the complaints aren't because they have magic powers, but because it was shoehorned in immediately with no real care to give it any type of lore, they just wanted to do fancy neon colors in the animation and let them do really Ca-Razy! things. Not to mention it's been used as an excuse to change the weapons (more on that to come)

Quote:
"Why are they all different species of turtles? How dare they not all be red ears sliders EVERY TIME! I don't care how interesting they look!"
I don't mind them having different looks but personally I'm also not a fan of each being a different species, because you get into unrealistic (yes, i said unrealistic while talking about mutant turtles.) scenarios such as a snapping turtle being kept with literally any other turtle without it murdering them etc. Granted they could pick species that coexist with others fine and I wouldn't bat an eye at it.

Quote:
"Different weapons? No! the turtles must always have their signature weapons! How dare Splinter start them off with different weapons for their ninja training!"
I don't mind weapon change ups but I would have preferred them doing a swap out to their magic weapons when needed akin to power rangers calling on their megazords. I'm not a fan of taking their weapons away so suddenly and permanently. Also I didn't like tonfas in TNM, I don't like them now.

Quote:
"Leo must be leader! How dare you have leader grow into that role, instead of just naturally starting out a good leader! Raph would never declare himself leader, and use his strength and anger to try and enforce his will! He never was mad about not being leader, and never argued with Leo over it! Leo must be leader!"
I've not seen anyone make this complaint, if they have I've missed it. The complaints I see is "the personality shifts are a trainwreck" which I agree with. Everyones comedic relief, the only one retaining any strong individual personality is don

Quote:
"It's not the 2012 series! The 2012 series was done story-wise, but I want it back, waaaaaaah!"
You're really attacking people that would like to see a return of a series they like? really? I don't even know how to address this one.

UGH! I hate being a turtle fan sometimes[/QUOTE]
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:50 AM   #84
Vegita-San
Emperor

parents are saying their kids hate this series and want to watch reruns of 2K12.

meanwhile, I , a former dedicated turtle fan, have no desire to re watch 2k12 and will skip this one out entirely.

i'd say either way, nick has a problem.

especially if they are deleting 'negative' comments on their social media and leaving only the glowing endorsements up.

I can't see this show lasting past two seasons hopefully.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:56 AM   #85
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
parents are saying their kids hate this series and want to watch reruns of 2K12.
Regular parents or disgruntled fans using their kids as a excuse to voice their own opinions?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:52 AM   #86
Vegita-San
Emperor

always with you, it can not be done...

I guess we can't take 'negative' comments at face value anymore?
even kids can recognize stuff that isn't well done.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:25 AM   #87
newfan
Mad Scientist

I imagine it would be a mixture, I can see people doing that but also it is believable that some of the children who loved 2012 aren't suddenly going to prefer this new version at first sight, doesn't mean they will all feel that way as time goes on and they watch it more.

Last edited by newfan; 07-23-2018 at 07:13 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #88
Vegita-San
Emperor

while I agree it probably happens, wouldn't the 'fake' reviews just focus on saying 'this series sucks' rather than 'we want to go back to watching the last series?' lends me to think it's genuine.

the last series to me just felt kind of pointless. this new series feels un necessary.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #89
newfan
Mad Scientist

Depends if they liked the last series and wanted another season before Nick moved on. Otherwise yes I'd like to think people would only say that in a way of giving feedback and am sure its the case for most, but this is people on the net so there may be a few. As I said above though, Rise hasn't had a chance to take off with the kids yet.

My child prefers 2012, been his fav show for the past couple of years and he's loved his fav turtle, he didn't like the Rise designs when he first saw them but still likes the look of the show and wants to watch it, more interested in seeing more of 2k3 but still, this too.

Last edited by newfan; 07-23-2018 at 07:36 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #90
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I have to say, 2012 opened the door for dramatic changes. If all we had was the 80s and Rise, pretending 2003 and 2012 never existed.... this show would have been too much of a leap.

Honestly though 2012 was almost OT overload. The only thing missing was the more obscure mutants like Scratch, Walkabout, Scaletail and whoever else.

It was just time for something new. I'm sure the kids like it, the only complaints are coming from the adults.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #91
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It was just time for something new. I'm sure the kids like it, the only complaints are coming from the adults.
I showed this to a kid and they hated it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #92
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I have to say, 2012 opened the door for dramatic changes. If all we had was the 80s and Rise, pretending 2003 and 2012 never existed.... this show would have been too much of a leap.

Honestly though 2012 was almost OT overload. The only thing missing was the more obscure mutants like Scratch, Walkabout, Scaletail and whoever else.

2012 just didn't know what it wanted to be. All Fred Wolf? All Mirage? All Horror?

and none of it really worked all mixed together. to me, it really didn't feel like tmnt 80% of the time.

I have a feeling this new series isn't going to feel like it at all.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #93
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I showed this to a kid and they hated it.
Musta been a boring kid, or one that hates action shows snd only likes nonsense like TTG.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #94
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't know what you're talking about man, that hypothetical sample size of one child clearly speaks for all children. That's just how statistics works.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #95
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I don't know what you're talking about man, that hypothetical sample size of one child clearly speaks for all children. That's just how statistics works.
I did say that one kid, right? I didn't mean all.

In fact it raises the question if kids even like action cartoons anymore and just want to laugh. IDk why but I have a feeling shows like justice league and batman TAS that took things more seriously would have bonbed nowadays cause they weren't zany enough. Or they would have gone to Netflix.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

Rise has the same kind of frantic humor and good animation most current cartoons has, it's probably going to last as long as the 2012 show did. I'd be surprised if it doesn't because I don't see Nick trying a third TMNT reboot cartoon anytime soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #97
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Nickelodeon seems to average about four years on shows whether the show is popular or not so much of a hit.

It has to be a mega success like Sponge to go a decade. So I think it will go at least four years. To cancel after only one or two seasons sends a bad message.

We will get a new TMNT ever four/five years unless a mega hit happens like Sponge. Just my opinion though.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #98
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

5 episodes so far and not me or my henchem Hun Tiger Claw Xever Rocksteady Bebop e.t.c It is not surprise why my fans and their kids hate it. It is just turtle fans that like it but all of my and Foot fans hate it because all it is happening so far is turtles fighting some mutants that has nothing to do with me or Utroms like in the 2012 2003 and 1987 series. Do you see now why they hate it?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #99
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Of the three of us who can voice opinions on it, Trey seems to like it, I don't hate it (it's fun enough, I like the dialogue, still not sold on April or Splinter), Angela doesn't like it at all...but then again she isn't a fan of the 4Kids series as she really liked FW and I think it's kinda a loyalty to the 2012 Nick show keeping her from enjoying it.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #100
Vegita-San
Emperor

the odd thing about this series is it feels like I SHOULD like it.

but everything about it feels so sub par.

from the voice acting.....to the intro theme song, to the intro animation, to the series designs...to basically everything.

Like Nick doesn't expect this to last more than 2 years while they develop something better...and they expect it to get canned as they try to see how far they can push the envelope.