The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #1141
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
As did I, see you on live sometime
No doubt! I saw you on earlier playing Lost Planet and I had to go "PSSSSSSSH!".
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:04 PM   #1142
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Oh, what the hell. I just picked up Crackdown too. Gotta' run though. Got to piss up some people with the Chainsaw glitch in Gears.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #1143
LogicDonny
Banned

what glitch?

If I start saving up for the 360, I expect to get one by maybe May.

that is when the new Zepyar is coming out which is just rumors.

I will play you 360er's on live.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #1144
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
No doubt! I saw you on earlier playing Lost Planet and I had to go "PSSSSSSSH!".
Hahah yeah, I was trying to level online, I won't be touching that game for awhile though. Crackdown is teh bomb. I played it for a loooong ass time.

I killed the first boss and now I've started the 2nd. Short game sorta but I hope when I finish I can use my stats to play a higher difficultly level.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:34 AM   #1145
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post
that is when the new Zepyar is coming out which is just rumors.
The Zephyer is only a prototype. There aren't any plans to release it in the near future, and doing so would be a bad move on the part of Microsoft anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
Hahah yeah, I was trying to level online, I won't be touching that game for awhile though. Crackdown is teh bomb. I played it for a loooong ass time.

I killed the first boss and now I've started the 2nd. Short game sorta but I hope when I finish I can use my stats to play a higher difficultly level.
It sure as hell is the bomb. I played it a ton last night, too. I already maxed out my strength, and I've got 3 star agility. The only one I have trouble leveling is my driving stats, which I only have one star in, mostly because gang members aren't idiots and will dive out of the way if you try to run them over.

Did you kill all the gang generals before you took on the leader? I like how killing certain ones ruin certain aspects of the gangs power. Like how killing the weapons guy will make them use very low level weapons. Which gang are you taking on now? I'm pretty split between the two remaining factions. I tried to go after a higher-up general on the high-tech gangs side and got smoked, so I went after that militia gang. Rocket Launchers FTW!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #1146
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Did you kill all the gang generals before you took on the leader? I like how killing certain ones ruin certain aspects of the gangs power. Like how killing the weapons guy will make them use very low level weapons. Which gang are you taking on now? I'm pretty split between the two remaining factions. I tried to go after a higher-up general on the high-tech gangs side and got smoked, so I went after that militia gang. Rocket Launchers FTW!
I killed all the generals but one, because I never found them and came across the kingpin before them. I tried to rush his mansion but I got my ass handed to me so I went in from the back underwater passage and sniper killed all his guards. That was fun.

Right now I'm going after the Russian gang because I tried the tech guys and like you I got owned. I even ran into the kingpins building by accident and like a billion guards ran after me. If my agility skill wasn't so high I would have been a goner. I was jumping around like crazy trying to get away.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #1147
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

God Damn this game sounds frickin' awesome! I can't wait until friday to play it. Now does this have online co-op like Gears? Anyone try the multiplayer yet?
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #1148
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
God Damn this game sounds frickin' awesome! I can't wait until friday to play it. Now does this have online co-op like Gears? Anyone try the multiplayer yet?
It's the best multiplayer set-up yet.

You can set it to where you run around doing your business and at anytime a random person*Or you can set it to friend* can join your game. Then you guys can run around the city together destroying the gangs. Total freedom, you can be as far apart from one another as you want and if your partner needs help it will tell you. Pretty awesome.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #1149
Peanut
Second Gear

It really is an amazingly fun game. I just got some more upgrades for my driving, been focusing on it, so now all the agency vehicles transform when I get into them. They're so god damn beast now! And I picked up the ultimate explosive weapon, a heat seeking rocket launcher. It's INSANE! The higher your skills get and the closer to kingpins you get, the more enemies show up, so now when I get jumped by about 10 gang hit squads, I let loose. Cars and bodies flying everywhere.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #1150
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
It's the best multiplayer set-up yet.

You can set it to where you run around doing your business and at anytime a random person*Or you can set it to friend* can join your game. Then you guys can run around the city together destroying the gangs. Total freedom, you can be as far apart from one another as you want and if your partner needs help it will tell you. Pretty awesome.
Awesome. Before the demo came out I was getting this only for the H3 beta. Now I'm more pumped for Crackdown the game than the beta. I'm excited to play my 360 again, since its been collecting dust since christmas break.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #1151
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Picked up Sonic for Wii. Expect a review soon.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #1152
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Damnit...Someone buy me Sonic.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #1153
LogicDonny
Banned

wait! I want impressions from you before anyone else buy sonic.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #1154
Jed
Stone Warrior

I got Crackdown from work today and I had my dinner and then sat down to play it and lost all track of time, I thought it was about 9 or 10pm and I've just stopped playing and it's nearly 1am. The game is AMAZING, it's just one of those can't put it down cause it's so good games. My only friend who's bothered to have a Gold Membership and a copy of the game wasn't online so I haven't tried out co-op but I can't wait till he's online so we can tear it up.

One thing that's a bit frustrating is the camera, stuff like when you're trying to do the foot race along the ferriswheel and the camera moves really slowly when your trying to aim for your next jump, and then half the time he grabs hold of one of the supports instead of landing on what you were aiming for. Then from hanging there it's really hard to aim properly, half the time you'll fall just from not being able to swing the camera around for a proper look. It's a tiny annoyance and it's only happened a few times but I nearly went crazy when I fell for about the fifth time off the ferriswheel.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #1155
Peanut
Second Gear

The ferris wheel thing drove me crazy, but then I get 3 star agility and it was a cake walk.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #1156
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Sonic for the wii.

Thinking about returning stuff to get Crackdown.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #1157
Lady Venus
Mad Scientist

Mortal Kombat DA

Sig made by: Joe
Lady Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #1158
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I've just received Final Fatasy XII, Elite Beat Agents is in the mail.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:29 AM   #1159
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
I've just received Final Fatasy XII, Elite Beat Agents is in the mail.
Let me know how long it takes you to put FFXII away for good, or trade in.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #1160
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
Elite Beat Agents
US import I'm guessing? Or is there an EU release I'm not aware of?

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games