The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-24-2021, 10:01 AM   #1321
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
This man's head... (via Ebay image)

Lol that's adorably hilarious. It looks like something my hubby would do/wear. Rn he's wearing a Santa hat to dialysis, that says Naughty Naughty Naughty....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 12:23 PM   #1322
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

LOL

I've got a TMNT Santa hat that I wore while working this past week. Though my head isn't unusually tall like that guy... he must be an alien.

I know it was a very mild Christmas in my area (59 degrees and still 50s after midnight when low 40s would be the normal daytime highs), but this was odd... Went out just after midnight to turn off my Christmas lights and saw a large-ish (around 1.5"?) moth sitting on a window screen. Don't think I've ever seen a moth outside in December before.

Think I identified it as an Ipsilon Dart, a species that supposedly migrates southward when it gets cold. Though even if most of Dec has been above average, we've already had lots of nights in the 30s and some 20s, so this one is quite late if it's passing through. And better get a move on, since tomorrow is going to be 30s at best. Kind of made me feel bad for the thing, almost wishing I could just bring it in.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #1323
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not so much a random thought... but just something funny and thought of this place for obvious reason.

A friend was buying nail wall filler from Amazon. This is what she got.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:42 PM   #1324
Leo656
The Franchise

Gym Stuff.

Saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "Hardest Worker In The Room". Dude also very obviously taking double-barrel steroid shots with every meal. Can't help but snicker. Very easy to be a "hard worker" when you're booting up the horse test. Just saying!

Saw another guy with religious tattoos up and down both arms. Like, how stupid do you think those people feel when they die and figure out there's no God? "F*ck, I got this giant mural of Jesus on my shoulder and everything! I coulda spent that money on pussy and beer!"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:23 PM   #1325
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

As a TMNT fan I snicker every time I think of the last name of the current presidential press secretary.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 01:50 PM   #1326
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Can confirm you aren't the only one.

I always later forgot when it has crossed my mind when I've had the show on, but...

Why are SpongeBob's Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy tiny?

There's even an ep that makes up a crazy explanation for why they got powers to breathe under water, but not why they shrunk?

Unsure if Sandy is a bit abnormally small as well... Obviously Pearl is also an abnormally small whale.

Also...what meat are Krabby Patties made of? Most of the creatures in the sea are intelligent beings. Who are they using for meat? Unless they're vegetarian.

But I question if that food truck pirate in that one movie who stole the secret recipe could even make it at all...or just have to substitute so many land-based ingredients that it wasn't even really a Krabby Pattie anymore, thus rendering the plot of the movie pointless.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:14 PM   #1327
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What's with all the gnomes?

Saw those gnomes out for Christmas decorations. Then saw them for Valentines. Now Easter... Everywhere from Dollar Tree to the drug store seasonal dept to catalogues.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:41 PM   #1328
Leo656
The Franchise

Amy Schumer keeps showing up in my News feed because of the Oscars.

I really can't stand her. She's fat, she's obnoxious, she looks like someone stuck the Gerber Baby's head on a grown-up's body and her face looks like she has three chins sitting side-by-side and the one in the middle just sticks out a little more. She's never been funny, and only ever got famous by making "Look what a huge slut I am, I'll literally f*ck any guy who shows interest" into a slew of standup "comedy" routines.

But god damn, her tits are immaculate.

There was a time I definitely would've f*cked her, Chubbo or no, but she was a lot less gross back then (and hadn't had a kid). Now, I don't think I would. But goddamn, do I wanna just bury my face in those jugs of hers and take a nap.

She'd probably let me, too, after like two shots of Jaeger. But alas, I ain't got the time.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:57 AM   #1329
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I sometimes wonder if it's easier to pluck, shave, or cut off underarm hair.

I ... don't know why I have this thought.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:35 AM   #1330
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Isn't shaving technically cutting it off? Plucking sounds like the option for people who love tedious torture.

Here's a random one I came up with a long, long time ago:

Wet floor sign made of ice.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:20 PM   #1331
Leo656
The Franchise

Which reminds me... y'know, if you stabbed someone to death with a dagger made of ice, it would be impossible for anyone to ever find the murder weapon. If you were SUPER careful about not leaving any other evidence it's literally the perfect crime.

Something fun to think about, eh? I didn't come up with it, a friend of mine did back in high school. I wish I'd thought of it, but I didn't.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:50 PM   #1332
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Which reminds me... y'know, if you stabbed someone to death with a dagger made of ice, it would be impossible for anyone to ever find the murder weapon. If you were SUPER careful about not leaving any other evidence it's literally the perfect crime.

Something fun to think about, eh? I didn't come up with it, a friend of mine did back in high school. I wish I'd thought of it, but I didn't.
Now you got me thinking of this classic scene:

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:17 PM   #1333
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I mean yes, but... lol Throwing hamsters in there specifically is kinda comical.

Old 04-16-2022, 07:34 AM   #1334
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
AWeird random thought: when Rocket kept that twig of Groot and planted it, it regrew him, so, what about the rest of the "debris" that was left over when he sacrificed himself? Would any of them sprout in the dirt? So, basically, could there have been OTHER Groot sprouts that are now running around on the Nova home world?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 10:15 AM   #1335
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And if it keeps happening and there are continually more of them could they someday start having an annual Groot convention/gatherings and call it The Woods?

Defenders of how long some of the actions take in Sims Freeplay: It happens in real time
Me: Who the heck would "look for bologna sandwich" in a fridge for 6 hours??

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-16-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:46 AM   #1336
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Randomly came across this on Etsy...

Clever movie mashup. I'm sure most here are old enough to know exactly which two. Younger ones might miss the less obvious one.
Spoiler:

Old 04-24-2022, 02:17 AM   #1337
Leo656
The Franchise

I feel like we gave up on Eugenics far too quickly.

I understand why some people use the "slippery slope" fallacy, but I think that's bullsh*t. Just because the Nazis advocated for it doesn't make it a bad or worthless idea in and of itself. They just took it too far into a bad place. But it's worth far more Good than Not.

As a chronically-ill person who would have rather not been born than endure a lifetime of poor health and everything that goes with it, to me it's just common sense that we try and affect the human genome so that we can weed out the recessive traits that would lead to a person being born with a weakened or non-existent immune system. That's just Mercy. Likewise, if we can do That then in turn we can fix or prevent other problems, at least theoretically. Hypothetically, we could eventually prevent people from being born with a predisposition towards all sorts of things that people are genetically predisposed to... cancer, diabetes, heart disease, autism, mental illness, etc. And I feel like if we Can, then we Should.

The problem is, the aforementioned "slippery slope" fallacy. "Well, if we do THAT, then what's stopping people from tinkering with human DNA to just erase black people, or gay people, or..." I hear you. Ideally, we would not take it that far. I guess there wouldn't be anything "stopping" anyone from it outside of Basic Human Decency, and I know that's a lot to ask.

But still... in theory, we could make it so future generations would have better physical and mental health, and live longer, healthier, and more fulfilling lives. And I feel like it's irresponsible not to even try, just because the science has a dark potential for abuse. Rather, I feel like it's our duty to pursue this, and I feel like we're failing in that, simply because The Bad Guys took it too far once upon a time.

People talk in empty platitudes about "wanting to make the world a better place for future generations". Well, you don't get that by recycling or riding a bike to work. Because Those People are still going to be forced to live knowing that they're going to die young of heart disease because their father did, or that they're going to be Schizophrenic because their mother was, or that they're going to get breast cancer because everyone in their family did, and so on. Even if you "save the planet", you're condemning the People.

Treating diseases so that people can temporarily have a better quality of life simply is not enough. We need to eliminate the genes that make a person prone to said diseases altogether. Anything less is simply not good enough.

And we could do it. We could all but eliminate those "poor health" traits so that nobody else would ever be forced to live as a prisoner of their own body. For the first time in human history, a person's life could TRULY be "what they made of it." That's never been true at all, it's just a thing dumb optimists who've lived a life of privilege and never had anything bad happen to them say. But if we could use Eugenics to eradicate those traits that force a person to be sick... then we're actually giving people freedom to truly live life on their own terms, free from things they can't in any way control.

I feel like the ends would absolutely justify the means and I'm disgusted it "can't" happen for nebulous, bullsh*t reasons. It's the only way to truly "create a better world for future generations". But we don't pursue it, and why? Because we're afraid someone will misuse the science to create a world where people only have blonde hair?

Still worth the risk, in my opinion. 100%.

Old 04-24-2022, 05:42 AM   #1338
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Really not in favor of eugenics unless it is happening pre-impregnation somehow. As in we will give you this shot that makes sure if you have kids they will be free of X ailment. Because afterward is too late.

Which isn't to say I'm against abortion. Far from it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:30 AM   #1339
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife's been on a "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" kick lately, watching several episodes a day.

I don't know what their head of Wardrobe earned, but I hope it was ten million dollars. Jesus. Every copy of the DVDs should have come with a box of tissues.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:07 PM   #1340
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Messed up theory: Goofy and Pluto are the same species of dog people, but Pluto is very intellectually stunted and the world the Disney characters live in have a severely screwed up way of dealing with that in individuals. Only way to explain why one dog gets to be a person while the other is a pet...

edit: On the other hand, I suppose it's not the only option and they could be only related species, and much like those humans who try to keep another, but lower, primate as a pet.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-08-2022 at 06:15 PM.