The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #201
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Michelangelo's birthday basically had a $5 animation budget but a hilarious script. Even if we ignored the main plot, the Shredder and Krang banter on the side is still enough to carry the episode. One of my top 10 favourites of the entire cartoon.
Is this the one where Shredder goes into the Turtle Van and then Bebop/Rocksteady try to come in too and Raph says, "Oh no, we can deal with Shredder in the Turtle Van but not the gruesome mutants" or something like that.

For some reason that part always cracked me up.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:21 PM   #202
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is this the one where Shredder goes into the Turtle Van and then Bebop/Rocksteady try to come in too and Raph says, "Oh no, we can deal with Shredder in the Turtle Van but not the gruesome mutants" or something like that.

For some reason that part always cracked me up.
Yep, thats the one. Michelangelo's birthday had so many funny moments.

It was even referenced in the 2nd Nick crossover which made me so glad when my namesake said the following:

"They're always trying to conquer the planet, or destroy the planet or turn us into balloons, whatever!"

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #203
CyberCubed
Overlord

And the flush-o-matic appeared in a Nick episode too, right?
Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #204
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Yeah, in season 3's Fourfold Trap.

The Nick cartoon was full of OT references. Sure there's the obvious stuff like Bebop, Rocksteady and Mona Lisa but even really minor things are brought up to a much greater extent than the 2k3 series. Just goes on to show how familiar the writers were with the Original Cartoon and Ciro went as far as having the Original Cartoon characters appear in 2 cameos, 1 flashback and 2 crossovers.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:06 AM   #205
CyberCubed
Overlord

Too bad Groundchuck and Dirtbag were never in Nick. I know they would have totally changed their designs and made them completely different, but it still would have been interesting to see a new take on them.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #206
pferreira
Foot Elite

Those guys did a great job, flaws, hiccups, mutations and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Michelangelo got 2 lousy episodes. The toy episode and his birthday one. The one where he shrinks and gets stuck with April and Vernon in the house of a guy who likes to shrink boats wasn't that great of an episode either.
I liked Funny, They Shrunk Michelangelo as well as The Gang's All Here.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #207
CyberCubed
Overlord

I like the Raph superhero episode where he thinks he will die in 24 hours. Mainly because of how amusing the scenes were then the Turtles were using the health-ometer and then you see Mikey crying over the oven dying and Raph thinking he meant him.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #208
Prowler
Emperor

And yes Cyber, that Raphael and the Volcano episode was decent. And that part was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Also The Gang's All Here. That one and What's Michelangelo Good For, were my two faves of the Mike centric ones. But Michelangelo's Birthday was pretty good too, imo.
Oh right, The Gang's All Here was a Mike centric episode. Didn't like that episode.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #209
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I like that episode for having Bebop and Rocksteady's gang as well as a musical cue that was so rare throughout the series. It was first used when the turtles fought Bebop and Rocksteady in the first season,and then only used four times thereafter.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-12-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #210
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I like that episode for having Bebop and Rocksteady's gang as well as a musical cue that was so rare throughout the series. It was first used when the turtles fought Bebop and Rocksteady in the first season,and then only used four times thereafter.
It's weird because I always remember that episode coming from earlier in the season. Heigh ho.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote