The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #181
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well it was ON YT, so.... then again, it was probably taken from the actual premier. I dunno, it was just really cringy.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #182
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

(Bad enough she apparently had a recent "Twitter meltdown" over something stupid. If any of these VAs end up out the door sooner or later like Biggs was... might be that one.)
what twitter meltdown?

if i even knew her name i'd look it up heh.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:54 PM   #183
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I noticed that when I pulled up the YouTube video the other day just to refresh my memory on something in it, and while just skipping through it saw April's VA show up and wondered what that was even about. Didn't bother stopping to listen. Not even watching it through it was kind of annoying to throw the actors in the middle of it.

(Bad enough she apparently had a recent "Twitter meltdown" over something stupid. If any of these VAs end up out the door sooner or later like Biggs was... might be that one.)
Really? Wow, hopefully nothing too major.

No offense to the voice actress but I'm just not digging this April...at all. She's easily my least favorite version of the character, including Megan Fox's portrayal. And I never thought I'd say that last bit.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 08-05-2018 at 08:03 PM.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #184
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Given that she might lurk, I'll be nice and leave it alone since it didn't have anything to do with TMNT (not hard to find the websites that mention it if someone were to go looking), but it was rather petty of her.
Spoiler:
Some advice to Miss (Mrs?) Kat... "woman up" and drop the cattiness and false bravado if you think you're going to survive this highly opinionated fanbase for the duration is all I have to say. Or at least don't lurk if it's going to make you blow a gasket later. And, pro tip, get a second private alias Twitter account if fans annoy you so much on the 'official' one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Well it was ON YT, so.... then again, it was probably taken from the actual premier. I dunno, it was just really cringy.
It wasn't even on the tv premier, so it's strange that it's on the YouTube version. (Is it on the Nick.com video?) Maybe it was a late add-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
And I never thought I'd say that last bit.
lol Always sad when you think you've seen the lowest something can go, and then they prove you wrong. Like PD Splinter vs this one.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #185
Papenbrook
Bryce Papenbrook

People are actively searching out butt-shots of Rise!Leo.

It's ... sorta creepy.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #186
Powder
Salami Origami

What's creepy is you bringing it up. We don't need that here, this has always been a relatively normal/safe part of the fandom.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #187
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, then forgive me for saying, but these designs being what they are, they're probably "actively searching" because they can't find one. Only Raph probably has enough surface area back there to have one.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:57 AM   #188
Papenbrook
Bryce Papenbrook

Y'll have a point, but still ...

Why would they need to do that?! It ... just doesn't make any sense.

What's the point?!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #189
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

It's the internet?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #190
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Simple. Because many girls like guy's butts and if they're fans of a guy, even if fictional, they probably like his too.

All those comments about 2012 April's butt, but dear god, no not Turtle behinds. They could certainly be discussing worse.

Although personally, if you're going to check out Turtle behinds, choose better source material. I mean, the shell provides coverage for nearly every version so there rarely is ever anything to look at. And skinny ass (I guess literally) 2018 designs... well, good luck. lol

Really now, if PD had put Venus in there, and you know being female there is probably a 95% chance that Bay & Co would ensure that she'd have HAD to be made "sexy" to some extent... you can't tell me that many men wouldn't experience the same issues of struggling not to look.

If hunting for nonexistent 2018 butts keeps them occupied and out of others hair, well have at it. lol
Old 08-13-2018, 06:45 AM   #191
AceDuck
Mouser

Watched the first episode last night. As others have pointed out, the animation is good, and the premise and story itself is interesting. I also liked the voice acting, most of the jokes and the villain.

Still not a fan of how the turtles/Splinter/April look, and the personalities of Raph, Leo and Splinter especially made me cringe. To me, the show would have worked just as good (maybe better) if they just made a show with these same plot/characters with some random mutants instead of making this a TMNT show. Iíll give the next few episodes a look, but doubt Iíll keep watching this.

Hopefully, one day weíll get a new more traditional TMNT show about their early years.
AceDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #192
RaphaelinSTL
Stone Warrior

Man. Not a fan. There's just not a lot there for me to sink my teeth into and the herky jerky animation style along with the Ren & Stimpy like animation (cross eyed, tongue sticking out ... general sense of "derp") is almost like this is a parody show.

Midnight's Edge did a pretty good overview on the first episode that was in line with my general consensus as well.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #193
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Those... are not rat teeth. Nor human teeth. I'm scared.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #194
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior

He is mutant that why he is like that. But i will kill him soon and end his misery!