The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 02:23 AM   #1
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

If they remade Turtles in Time based on 2012

Just an idea I had. When they remade Turtles in Time they kinda missed an opportunity to base in on the 2003 series or some other version of the turtles. If they attempted to make Turtles in Time set in the 2012 series what bosses and playable characters would you include? Maybe some additional levels for that matter?

This is what I would do.

Big Apple - Baxter
Alleycat Blues - Hun (seems like a good choice for a street boss)
Sewer Surfing - The Rat King (sub in the alien looking squirls for the pizzza monsters like the Raw Thrills game did)
Technodrome - Rahzar & Fishface
Prehistoric - Savantii Romero (he's stuck there so why not?)
Skull & Crossbones - Bebop & Rocksteady (in pirate outfits of course)
Bury My Shell - Tiger Claw (just suits the wild west theme yeah?)
Neon Nightriders - The Newtralizer (with a jetpack, maybe swap with Tiger Claw)
Space - Triceration General or Krang Subprime or Lord Dregg (kinda hard to decide)
Final Shell Shock - Super Shredder

I considered having Karai as boss but would rather she be playable. Since Metalhead, Leatherhead and Slash are allies maybe they could be playable or assist characters (Raw Thrills did this with two of them). I'd like April, Casey and Splinter to also be playable. Of course all four turtles are playable.

I don't think I'd add additional levels but maybe one set in medieval Europe or ancient Egypt, Savantii might be better as a boss there. I suppose an episode set in Japan would be appropriate as well, with the formation of the foot clan or something. Honestly there's so many cool possibilities that work well to give the game some nice variety in locations and atmosphere.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think we've had enough of the damn "Turtles in Time" game to last a millennium. Enough is enough.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #3
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think we've had enough of the damn "Turtles in Time" game to last a millennium. Enough is enough.
Idk ... I would dig a remake with 2k3
Old 01-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Fine. A remake with Mirage, then.. with human Foot soldiers (not rainbow colored ones, either) and blood.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Thread is made in good fun but I kind of agree with andrew, I think I'd rather just play that 2012 arcade game that exists, how is that anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Idk ... I would dig a remake with 2k3
We already got one basically with the remake released on PS3/360.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think I'd rather just play that 2012 arcade game that exists, how is that anyway?
Pretty but janky. It's wildly full of charm, clearly the people behind it love TMNT & they put a great deal of effort into making it have the spirit of the 2012 series, but the game itself feels kinda flat. Wasn't keen on the controls & stuff. It's definitely a cool novelty worth playing if it's local to you, but don't go out of your way for it.

As with past attempts, you just find yourself wishing you were playing TiT instead.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of funny Turtles in Time takes around 25 minutes to beat, even on hard mode, and once you do you seen everything there is in the game. Yet here we are later like 30 years after it came out in 1992 and people still play it regularly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Thread is made in good fun but I kind of agree with andrew, I think I'd rather just play that 2012 arcade game that exists, how is that anyway?

We already got one basically with the remake released on PS3/360.
My first reaction to the thread was "that's actually a pretty cool idea", to be honest.

On another note, I really thought the PS4 game was terrific - done by the same crew who did the Transformers one. It truly felt like an old arcade game with the over the top sound effects and shout outs and whatnot. I thought it was fun.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:48 AM   #9
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

There should be a Kraang in the Technodrome. Rocksteady should be on an additional level set in during the Yugoslavia Civil War during the 1990's, where he once fought. Bebop can be onboard the pirate ship alone.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-09-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:49 AM   #10
IMJ
Emperor

It would be nice if some kind of "ultimate" or "master" version of this game was released that included skins from as many generations of TMNT as they can fit in. You could play them game spanning the original release of it all the way through the current iteration - even better if they'd reskin all of the characters and not just the TMNT.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:51 AM   #11
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
There should be a Kraang in the Technodrome. Rocksteady should be on an additional level set in during the Yugoslavia Civil War during the 1990's, where he once fought. Bebop can be onboard the pirate ship alone.
Those are some great ideas! Especially the Rocksteady one.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

You could also add levels based on the actual time travel episodes in the 2012–2017 Nickelodeon cartoon.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:15 AM   #13
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Maybe if you're a curmudgeon.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:37 PM   #14
IMJ
Emperor

The conversation in the thread about the original Street Fighter got me thinking about the games I used to love playing in the arcade when I was a kid. Back then, arcades were a huge thing. I was at that age where I remember some pretty cool titles - Vigilante, Final Fight, Captain America and the Avengers, Afterburner, Ninja Gaiden (arcade), Shinobi, Robocop, among others.

This also reminded me of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade game. I think this was the same one that was ported over to the NES as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II.

Why on Earth hasn't that awesome game been updated to home systems as well? Given the nature of this thread, I think a download pack of the original arcade game and Turtles In Time together would be amazing.....
Old 01-27-2020, 04:30 AM   #15
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The conversation in the thread about the original Street Fighter got me thinking about the games I used to love playing in the arcade when I was a kid. Back then, arcades were a huge thing. I was at that age where I remember some pretty cool titles - Vigilante, Final Fight, Captain America and the Avengers, Afterburner, Ninja Gaiden (arcade), Shinobi, Robocop, among others.

This also reminded me of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade game. I think this was the same one that was ported over to the NES as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II.

Why on Earth hasn't that awesome game been updated to home systems as well? Given the nature of this thread, I think a download pack of the original arcade game and Turtles In Time together would be amazing.....
Turtles in Time got remade for the Xbox 360 and PS3 as a download only game and the original arcade game was made available for Xbox 360 as well but the rights lapsed so the port of the original arcade game and the remake of Turtles in Time had to be pulled from digital marketplaces. Only people who downloaded them when they were available can play those versions now.

We can certainly hope for ports to PS4, Xbox One, Steam and Switch (I'd especially love that for Switch) but it would take a video game publisher that is willing to pay Konami for the games as well as pay to license the music unless they replaced that.

Wrangling the Konami games for ports to modern consoles is easier said than done but Arcade 1Up just put out a special arcade cabinet that includes both games.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #16
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
original arcade game was made available for Xbox 360 as well but the rights lapsed
Ohhh - too bad that the original wasn't ported to the PS Network as well. I'd have bought that in a heartbeat.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:46 AM   #17
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Ohhh - too bad that the original wasn't ported to the PS Network as well. I'd have bought that in a heartbeat.
Me too. It's a real shame it was only on Xbox 360.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh, boo hoo. Go and download MAME and any arcade ROMs that have been readily available for 20 years and there you go, all set. Phasers set to button mash like it's 1993 again. Nobody is going to remake that game again because nobody under the age of 30 cares about those kind of games anymore. The last remake of it didn't even sell, that's why they didn't renew the license.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-03-2020 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Nobody is going to remake that game again because nobody under the age of 30 cares about those kind of games anymore.
Huh? There's still a market for side scrolling beat'em ups.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote