The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-19-2022, 10:50 AM   #9301
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Edit: Didn't know mice stink, but it explains a vague odor in this back room that has annoyed me off and on for a while. Attic steps are right there and thought it had been coming from upstairs (where most of the occasional mouse problem tends to reside), but maybe not. Suspected a mouse recently when it got into a chocolate bunny, and the little bugger finally effed up the other day and got him/herself seen.
Oof. Did you poison them?

Never poison mice. Snap traps are the best way to go, or if there's several, the rolling log-bucket trap.

Or get a pet rat. I got one, and she deterred all the mice from ever coming back. Sadly, she died months ago, but it seems the mice haven't returned thus far.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:20 AM   #9302
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We have used the RatX stuff in the attic before and put some up there back in the fall/early winter, but not since then.

It's not the smell of anything dead, just a vague, annoying occasional odor that is what I assume some online sources describe as a "stale urine" smell of live mice.

I want to find where it's hiding and clean up whatever mess it has made, but don't want to risk scaring it off and having it just go hide elsewhere before I get the traps.

Edit: Correction, the gear grind has (hopefully) turned into the mouse's grind, soon.

Amazon still saying delayed... but all 3 things I ordered just showed up together at once.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-19-2022 at 02:05 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:59 AM   #9303
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I hate people.

That grinds my gears, so to speak. I don't even have the energy to go on a long rant about it, but man. I just can't catch a break. The saying that hell is other people is so damn right.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:15 PM   #9304
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yay somebody understands me.

Half the reason why when I saw a mug recently that says I hate morning people. And mornings. And people. I had to have it. (Well, nothing really against morning people...other than structuring society based on their own inner clocks.)

And considering how inconsiderate are the customers in the stores among my accounts, wrecking my dept and product the way they do...it's a fitting mug that may need to contain ice cream later in the week if this a-hole customer trend continues in the next days.

Though I really came to complain about the absence of 13" windshield wipers. What is up with that?? My Target barely sells any wipers so I'm not surprised, but Walmart has a large section and doesn't even look like they carry them at all. Had 14" but I'm unsure if those would fit.

Old ones are fraying and inspection due next month and no way would they pass it with the current ones...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-24-2022 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #9305
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

A coffee mug for ice cream is something I didn't realise that I needed in my life.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:00 PM   #9306
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, great, Michael Moore is back on TV.

Wouldn't be a tragedy without the Al Sharpton of Gun Control trying to squeeze 5 more seconds out of his 15 minutes of fame.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:27 PM   #9307
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Had to stop by Advanced Auto to find my 13" wiper blades... Would never have previously described the people there as "friendly" and seems nothing has changed since I last needed the same item. Is the company in general soul killing or is it just that location..?

For a moment I was glad it was actually a women at the counter and as I was walking to the aisle she did offer to look up the size for me (though I was already aware), but pretty obvious the ones she mentioned, as the "only" ones they had, that would fit were also only the more pricey ones... Got a pair she did not mention that are probably the exact same one I got (via my brother-in-law who used to work there) last time. Said I hope those should fit, hoping she might confirm, but she only said something about the arm hook could be too big. Yeah, no, it's not. Bad enough the men I've seen in there in the past too often seem rather aloof toward female customers... but a woman employee? Girl, come on.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:08 PM   #9308
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, yeah, that whole industry hates women as a rule. People think the military is bad? Woof. Nobody, I mean NOBODY hates and excludes women as much as the auto parts and automobile industry.

Part of why my wife still hasn't smothered her Drunk Asshole Dad is because whenever something breaks on the car, she needs him to go buy the parts. She's tried multiple times to get them herself, even going there with the list (or even pictures) of the exact parts she needs, pictures of her car, pictures of the serial numbers on the existing parts she needs replaced... all of that. And 100% of the time, they'll give her a hassle, talk to her like a retard, and insist "This isn't what you need." So then she comes home empty-handed, tells her Dad they sandbagged her again, he goes there and comes back with the exact same thing she was trying to get in less than a half an hour. Every single time.

He's not really much better, though. He was a mechanic for decades and never taught her sh*t, not even how to change a tire. She's asked, because she hates relying on him and sincerely wishes he would die already. But whenever she askes him to teach her anything about the car he just yells at her that she's "too stupid" and "wouldn't understand". He won't teach her how to use the riding mower, either... despite him constantly bitching that he "has to" do it since nobody else can.

There's just something about Car Culture that says No Girls Allowed. I mean yes, it's a car and not a delicious pastry so maybe it's outside of most chicks' wheelhouse, but I mean, you don't know, some of them might know. I mean I'm a dude and I know dick about cars. If nature is balance, and guys like me exist, you have to figure that a few women must be mechanically inclined to offset that, right? That's just math. Or something.
---------------

Today's Grind, of course it's That Asshole again. Every DAY, man, parked in front of that goddamn TV screaming at CNN and MSNBC as if the TV can hear him. Upsetting the dogs, annoying his wife, making it impossible for me to cook without jumping out of my skin every time I hear him start screaming again.

Individually, myself, my wife, and her Mom all have PTSD from a variety of different issues, and we DON'T like living in a house with a guy who constantly screams his head off about nothing. It's nerve-wracking. Keep it to your f*cking SELF, F*cking JESUS.

If you tell him to keep it down or watch something else, he turns on you and gets violent. "YOU MUST LOVE DUMP! F*CK YOU TOO, THEN! YOU OUGHT'A BE SHOT, TOO!"

Yeah, he's got f*cking "alcoholic dementia". Nobody cares anymore. It's the same with the "disease" of addiction people always whine about. You can ONLY have "compassion and understanding" if you don't actually LIVE with these pieces of sh*t. If you DO have to, you find out really quick that self-preservation trumps "compassion and understanding". These people belong in the goddamn ground, end of. EVERY drunk, EVERY junkie, EVERY pill-popping lowlife... RIGHT in the goddamn ground, no exceptions. They're taking up space and making life unbearable for decent human beings. They made their choice, their life is forfeit. Simple as that. They don't matter. Not as much as actual human beings do.

I sincerely wish that every bleeding-heart who preaches about "compassion for addicts" would have to live with a scumbag like this motherf*cker for a few years. Watch how fast THAT tune changes.

Other than that everything's fine. Just so, SO sick of this asshole. I didn't deal with all the sh*t I dealt with as a kid to deal with the same sh*t as an adult. I am so, so over this sh*t.

Old 05-26-2022, 08:47 PM   #9309
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Part of why my wife still hasn't smothered her Drunk Asshole Dad is because whenever something breaks on the car, she needs him to go buy the parts. She's tried multiple times to get them herself, even going there with the list (or even pictures) of the exact parts she needs, pictures of her car, pictures of the serial numbers on the existing parts she needs replaced... all of that. And 100% of the time, they'll give her a hassle, talk to her like a retard, and insist "This isn't what you need." So then she comes home empty-handed, tells her Dad they sandbagged her again, he goes there and comes back with the exact same thing she was trying to get in less than a half an hour. Every single time.

He's not really much better, though. He was a mechanic for decades and never taught her sh*t, not even how to change a tire. She's asked, because she hates relying on him and sincerely wishes he would die already. But whenever she askes him to teach her anything about the car he just yells at her that she's "too stupid" and "wouldn't understand". He won't teach her how to use the riding mower, either... despite him constantly bitching that he "has to" do it since nobody else can.
Damn. Your wife and I basically have the same kind of dad, except mine isn't a drinker (the only thing I'm glad for, though he's still an asshole). Mechanic that refused to teach me anything because "GIRL" and I am "too stupid". Then he has the gall to also bitch about having to do things for me (well, back when I lived with him).

On the topic of your neighbor (I think he's your neighbor, right?), I...don't know. I feel like the only solution is to move, which isn't feasible most likely. Because when I had a horrible neighbor that played loud music every single night from the early evening into the early morning the next day, no one did anything. Not the landlord, not the cops (in spite of the township quiet hours being 10pm until 8am), not the other neighbors (they'd say it bothered them but then they also would tell the cops they heard nothing). I hated the loud noises too, and wasn't getting any sleep for weeks/months back then. The only solution was to move out, and luckily, the apartment we got after that was the best ever with actual respectful neighbors (sadly, the neighbors I have now that I own a house are..............not the best, but I guess I'll take them over the asshat who'd play loud music every night).
Old 05-26-2022, 10:02 PM   #9310
Leo656
The Franchise

No, it's her Dad, not a neighbor, and it's a huge long story why we can't leave. Shortest version, my wife is on disability and it's conditional upon her living there, and also her Mom has MS and needs our help with things.

We were looking into some things before the pandemic happened, but... the pandemic happened, lost my job, and we definitely can't afford to lose the money my wife gets from her disability check. Certainly not with the current situation. Before she got approved for disability she spent a couple of years trying (and failing) to find any work, so, without that we'd have drowned.

So we're stuck here with her Drunk Dad until he drops dead or kills himself, which he's attempted multiple times. It's a mess. Every time his wife talks to a lawyer about getting a divorce, they remind her she'd have to lose the house because she can't afford it without his SSI chipping in.

Real Life, man.

Old 05-26-2022, 11:01 PM   #9311
Leo656
The Franchise

So this was another one, and boy do I wish it didn't happen but it did.

I am so, SO sick of this Depp/Heard bullsh*t. I was sick of it before it started. I've said it a hundred times, two drunk cokeheads had a couple fistfights when one of them got caught cheating, WHO CARES. If it was Johnny Methmaker and Amber Crackhead from some hick town in Alabama, this sh*t wouldn't be all over TV and I wouldn't have to be constantly hearing about it. They're both scumbags, they're both worthless, I've been saying it for YEARS and I can't wait for this sh*t to be over and done. F*ck both of them, they're hick trash. I don't care what movies they're in, I don't care who said what first and why this one deserved whatever the other one did, I Do Not CARE. I want BOTH of them to get hurled into the goddamn sun because they're garbage.

My wife, though... well, she's had an unhealthy obsession with Depp since she was a kid, and used to constantly talk out loud about how bad she wanted to f*ck him until I finally had enough and snapped at her very loudly over it a few years ago. So of course, she's constantly chirping about how he's a sweet innocent angelic cherub who's being smeared and demonized and blah blah blah, and it's like... dude, he's a f*cking cocaine addict.

So anyway, she makes the mistake of saying something to me about the trial, and to be fair it was just casual and conversational, so I was like, "Y'know, I saw this one video that was pretty dumb, but the comments were even dumber..." It was a video where Heard's lawyer kept questioning a witness, and Depp's lawyer kept butting in with objections and the judge kept overruling them and telling the witness to answer the questions. This happened like 8 or 9 times in a 2-minute video. "Objection! Speculation." "Overruled. Please answer the question." And in the Comments, people were like "WOW, Heard's lawyer got f*cking schooled!" And I was like, "That was DEPP'S lawyer the judge kept overruling, you stupid marks."

And the POINT I was making was, "I can't stand how in these celebrity trials, people make up their mind about who's right and who's telling the truth based on who they like better, and they see and hear whatever they want to see and hear. Case in point, a video where the judge keeps shooting down DEPP'S lawyer and yet somehow to the idiots in the comments section it was HEARD'S lawyer who got 'schooled'. What they said they saw was literally the exact opposite of what actually happened in that 2-minute video, that is how dense people are."

Oh boy, did THAT start a Thing.

"SO you believe Amber Turd? You know she's a lying whore, right?"
"They're both liars, they're a couple of drug addicts. That's not my point."
"He NEVER would have hit her! And even if he DID, she deserved it! She cut his finger off!"
"Actually, the medical expert they called to testify said that he physically couldn't have gotten hurt the way he said it happened. Just saying."
"BECAUSE SHE PAID HIM OFF!"
"...I can't help but notice that you think she paid off EVERY single doctor, therapist, and 'expert' they've had who said something about his story was fishy."
"BECAUSE SHE DID!"
"...She's not really all that rich, last I heard."
"ELON MUSK PAID THEM OFF, THEN!"
"...Elon Musk f*cking hates Amber Heard because she's a gold-digger, I thought you were keeping up with this stuff?"
"...Yeah, well... I can't BELIEVE you're on HER side!"
"I literally said I think they're both drunk, cokehead trash. That means I'm not on either side. It just means I think the whole thing is stupid and that they're both stupid assholes. Did you even see those videos of him screaming at her? Or those text messages about killing her? Yeah, he's a nice guy, sure."
"SHE PUSHED HIM THAT FAR! HE WAS UPSET!"
"...How come when you 'push me too far' and I yell back at you, I'm the worst person alive but this guy you don't even know gets nothing but sympathy?"
"THAT'S DIFFERENT!"
"Yeah, because you like his f*cking movies and wanna ride his dick, that's why it's different."
"...NO, that's NOT why!"
"That is the only difference why he's 'allowed' to yell and make threats and still be an angel but I can't yell at you or I'm an incurable maniac."
"IT'S NOT THE SAME!"
"Because I never played a stupid pirate in a bunch of bad movies, its different."
"Well YOU just wanna f*ck HER, that's why you're on HER side!"
"I told you 50 times, I'm not on her side, I wish both of them were f*cking dead because they're f*cking annoying drug addicts. How is that me 'being on her side'?"
"YOU BELIEVE HE HIT HER!"
"I believe they both hit each other, yes. Because they were drunk and on drugs and that's how those types of people behave."
"I can't believe you think he would DO something like that!"
"And I can't believe you think he WOULDN'T, just because he played The Mad Hatter. Come on already."

It went on like that for a while and got very loud. The whole Marilyn Manson sh*t came up, because she loves THAT asshole too, even though he's a f*cking Nazi who rapes women and holds them hostage, and she thinks THAT'S all bullsh*t and lies, too, even though EVERY person who ever knew or worked with the asshole says he's exactly who all his accusers say he is. Trent Reznor, f*cking everybody who knows Manson says he's nothing but a violent drug addict Nazi who abuses and rapes women. But my wife swears it's all an act! Drives me crazy! That led to THIS gem of an exchange:

"Well, even if he did that sh*t, he didn't do it to ME, so I don't care."
"You don't care that he probably rapes and beats women and locks them in cages? WOW."
"He didn't do it to ME."
"So he deserves to get away with it. Because you like his music. That's literally what you're saying."
"Were you in the room? NO."
"Were you in the room when Johnny Depp 'DIDN'T' hit Amber Heard?"
"........Other people do worse sh*t than what Johnny and Manson were accused of. And it's all lies anyway."
"Those other people deserve to be in jail. But so does Marilyn Manson."
"HE DIDN'T DO THAT SH*T!"
"Because you like his music, and wanna f*ck him for SOME gross-ass reason, he absolutely has to be innocent. In spite of ALL the evidence that says otherwise. OHHH-KAY. I really wish you were better than this. I wish you didn't decide whether people were Guilty or Innocent based on whose dick you want in you. It's gross."

So THAT went on for a bit. At one point I reminded her again that Depp and Manson are drug addicts and therefore they are 100% lying scumbags, and she chimes in with "Not everybody who's on cocaine is automatically a piece of sh*t, y'know." I nearly sh*t a brick. At that point I literally started shouting, because oh my GOD. "YES THEY ARE! YOU KNOW FOR A FACT THEY ARE! YOU'VE DEALT WITH THE SAME DRUG ADDICT BULLSH*T THAT I HAVE! JESUS!"

Like that right there MAY have been the single dumbest thing she's EVER said. Defending a couple of junkies because she finds them sexually attractive, and insisting that they're somehow "good people" in spite of all evidence. WOW.

That's about as far as it went, and we finally just changed the subject and went onto something else, and everything's Perfectly Fine right now, we're laughing and joking around and everything. So it's fine.

But Holy SH*T. That was A Thing That Happened. Way to prove my f*cking point about people being that dumb, woman. Like every single word out of her mouth just proved my entire point about people and their confirmation bias towards people they like and/or wanna f*ck. It would've been funny, if she didn't almost turn it into an actual argument.

But yeah, in any case... can the next mass shooting be at the courthouse on the final day of the Depp trial, please? I've had enough of both of them and every idiot fanboy and fangirl who worships either of those two filthy f*cking brain-dead degenerates.

It annoys me greatly that my wife is one of those people, but I guess women can't help having vaginas. No offense, ladies; you know I think highly of SOME of you, but a lot of y'all simply ain't too bright. Sorry, it just is what it is.

Old 05-26-2022, 11:52 PM   #9312
Leo656
The Franchise

Okay, postscript.

Things WERE going fine, but then she just HAD to bring it up again.

"My friend's mom used to hate Johnny Depp, but now that she's been watching the trial she loves him."

I'm like "Which part made her change her mind? The part where he admitted all the drugs he does, or the videos of him screaming at his wife and calling her names? Or the text messages where he talks about raping and mutilating her corpse? What part of ALL THAT makes your idiot friend think that this guy is a Good Person? I seriously need to know."

And OH BOY that actually started a fight.

"YOU'RE JUST MAD BECAUSE YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING, YOU RETARD!" Actual Thing She Said.

I'm not "wrong" about anything, for the record. The guy's a fall-down drunk with a coke problem, and that's now a stated fact that's on the public record. She just can't stand that I don't swing from this idiot's dick. She's been pissy ever since I told her I hate those stupid Pirate movies. Which I do, they're terrible. I was agnostic about him for the longest time. He did some stuff I liked way back in the day. But now seeing these videos and text messages about the sh*t he's said and done, it's like UGH, he's such a scumbag. Even if "SHE YELLED AT HIM FIRST!" it's still pretty disgusting, the sh*t he said and did.

And here's the thing... the stuff I've said during arguments that my wife has repeatedly threatened to go to the police over and file false reports over, threatened to have me arrested over... nowhere NEAR as bad as the stuff This Idiot said and did. Not even CLOSE.

I literally brought that up. "You saw the guy's text messages, you saw the videos of him screaming at her. You have tried to have ME put in JAIL over WAY less than what HE has done. And THAT is what I don't like about the fact that you're still slobbering over this idiot. Pick a f*cking standard and STICK with it."

All she comes up with is, "NO, what you said was WORSE."

I never said anything about raping and mutilating her f*cking corpse, for the record. Johnny Depp did. Johnny Depp is a f*cking scumbag. Yes, so is his idiot ex. But holy sh*t, if you don't think HE is, too, then you're beyond help. "The guy was pushed too far" only goes So Far by way of defense. "How come you don't believe me when I say YOU pushed me too far? You just tell me I'm an asshole and nobody should ever say the things I said. But HE gets to say WORSE and it's okay? Because she yelled at him first? COME ON!"

Women and their f*cking double standards when they wanna f*ck a movie star, man. F*cking gross, and it's a huge reason why I do in fact hate (most) women. TOO MANY are just like that and they act all indignant when you point out the double standard.

I finally snapped and said I don't EVER want to hear the names "Johnny Depp" or "Amber Heard" spoken by her ever again or I promise to lose my sh*t. I'm DONE with it. I was done with it before it ever started and I am SO done with it NOW.

So she called me a "retard" and now we're not talking. I also asked her where her newfound love and understanding for violent drug addicts came from, since she used to hate them as much as I do, and if there's anything she wants to tell me. The only people who stick up for drug addicts are other drug addicts, after all. Everyone else knows better, usually. No answer, just more "You're a retard" stuff.

Hopefully, by the end of the year I'll have a job that pays enough money so I can take my dog and finally hit the bricks somewhere else, because this lunatic and her family are f*cking insane. She didn't USED to be like this but she's turning into her parents and her parents are terrible people. That stuff about "If you like a chick, but her mother is a psycho, run away because the mother is who the daughter is gonna be in 20 years"? 100% True.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:55 AM   #9313
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Didn't want to make a thread about it, but obviously the predictable "WHY CAN'T WE BAN ALL GUNS IMMEDIATELY!?!?! WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!" stuff going on again.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:00 AM   #9314
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, for sure.

But if someone broke into one of their houses and raped their wife or kid, they'd suddenly WISH they had a gun.

Sucks that it takes something like THAT to make people understand. Such is the case when people lead a life of privilege. They never understand until it hits them like a brick.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:01 AM   #9315
superstaff
Mad Scientist

This is mostly replies to Leo656:

About Drunk Dad: Man, sorry! I thought he was your neighbor since you kept saying he lived downstairs. Regardless, that really, truly sucks. I've been in your shoes, in the sense of feeling trapped in crappy living situations. Just...hang in there, bro.

About Johnny Depp and Amber Heard: I'm of the same mindset as you. I'm a girl, yes, but I never really worshipped celebrities. Tbh, it made my friendships/relationships with other women very difficult because I couldn't...understand why they cared so much about celebrities and gossip about them. I tried to be supportive, mind you, I just...couldn't agree or disagree a lot of the time, and it'd make them mad.

I'm also lucky that my spouse is the same way. We don't care about celebrities or their drama. And we both think John-John and Ambie deserve each other. As you said, they're druggies that likely abused each other, and are likely lying about a lot of what they've done. They're not friends or family of mine, so...why should I care about this trial?

About Guns: My dad was a hunter. I grew up around guns. Even from a young age, I had a respect for them. He didn't actually teach me how to use guns, though he did drill into my mind that they're not toys, they're weapons, and that you shouldn't touch a gun unless your intent is to kill. He had his guns out in the open too, and I never laid a finger on them. At around '97, my neighborhood had a string of robberies. The thief tried to break into my neighbors' house. My dad picked up his shotgun, and went out back, and succeeded in scaring the guy off, and even revealing who the guy was (the son of my Christian preacher neighbors, ha...ha...). Though I never questioned the importance of guns even though I never experienced an attempted robbery or rape or the like.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:23 AM   #9316
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah. Yeah to ALL that.

My Dad was a hunter too, and he didn't even keep his guns or ammo locked, he had an open-shelf gun rack that just had a little drawer for bullets, not even locked as there WAS no lock.

He just said "Don't touch those, they kill stuff and they'll kill you if you're not careful" so I never touched them at all. He didn't have to remind me, he told me once and I got it, because I am not a f*cking idiot.
--------

My wife tried to start One Last Time before bed last night (she likes to get the last word, as women do). "I can have my opinion, you can't shut me up."

I says, "Yeah, some people like The Grateful Dead. People can have bad opinions, like your 'opinion' that Johnny Depp is somehow a good person, in spite of all evidence. So have your opinion. Just tell it to the mirror, not to me. I don't EVER want to hear his name again, and that's the end of it."

She just "whatevered" me and that's where we left it.

I mean f*ck, man, there's a lot of chick celebrities I wanna f*ck, too, but I don't presume they're "good people". I just say, "Damn, I'd pee in her butt" and move on with my f*cking life. That's all the attention a person SHOULD give a celebrity, quite frankly. As you said, they are not your friends or your family, and you have no idea the awful sh*t they do off-camera.

Celebrity Worship is something little girls do and are supposed to outgrow by the time they're 13 or 14. Grown-ass adults are not supposed to pine for or "White Knight" these people. It's vulgar, and it displays a stunning amount of ignorance.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:39 AM   #9317
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah. Yeah to ALL that.

My Dad was a hunter too, and he didn't even keep his guns or ammo locked, he had an open-shelf gun rack that just had a little drawer for bullets, not even locked as there WAS no lock.

He just said "Don't touch those, they kill stuff and they'll kill you if you're not careful" so I never touched them at all. He didn't have to remind me, he told me once and I got it, because I am not a f*cking idiot.
Oh, yeah. Well, I got it the first time as well, but remember. My dad thought I was an idiot. (So does my mom, but for different reasons.)

Actually, this reminds me. When I was about 21 or so, he called me into his room (I was living with him after my mom divorced him when I turned 18 ), and he showed me his 44 Magnum that he had hidden in a drawer. He told me it was a powerful firearm, and if anyone ever broke in when he was gone, to come in here and take the gun to use. I stared at him, and was like, "Okay, can you teach me how to use it" and he said, "No."

Quote:
My wife tried to start One Last Time before bed last night (she likes to get the last word, as women do). "I can have my opinion, you can't shut me up."

I says, "Yeah, some people like The Grateful Dead. People can have bad opinions, like your 'opinion' that Johnny Depp is somehow a good person, in spite of all evidence. So have your opinion. Just tell it to the mirror, not to me. I don't EVER want to hear his name again, and that's the end of it."

She just "whatevered" me and that's where we left it.

I mean f*ck, man, there's a lot of chick celebrities I wanna f*ck, too, but I don't presume they're "good people". I just say, "Damn, I'd pee in her butt" and move on with my f*cking life. That's all the attention a person SHOULD give a celebrity, quite frankly. As you said, they are not your friends or your family, and you have no idea the awful sh*t they do off-camera.

Celebrity Worship is something little girls do and are supposed to outgrow by the time they're 13 or 14. Grown-ass adults are not supposed to pine for or "White Knight" these people. It's vulgar, and it displays a stunning amount of ignorance.
Yeeeeah...

I'm sure your wife is a nice lady. I've known nice ladies myself. But...yeah, when they put someone on a pedestal, celebrity or not, they get very rabid. I've seen this behavior with women obsessed with their SOs and even with their children, particularly their sons (my mother-in-law is like this, and so was my ex's mom). I guess I also see this with politicians, though with both men and women alike. I...don't get it. I don't put anyone on any pedestals. Not myself, not my husband who I know has flaws, not any friends, not any actors or writers or anyone. I really feel like an alien in my life sometimes, lol.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:00 AM   #9318
Leo656
The Franchise

She's great MOST of the time, but she takes her fangirling a little too far for someone her age and it annoys me immensely.

Especially since she gets annoyed if I ever make a comment about wanting to f*ck some chick but she gets a free pass to talk about wanting to F*ck Depp or Manson or whoever. I bring up how unfairly one-sided that is but she doesn't get it. Like, I might care a little LESS if she didn't get all indignant every time I made a passing comment about some chick, because she does the same damn thing and I'm supposed to just eat it.

I actually don't have a problem with it in theory. I think it's stupid that people pretend they're not attracted to other people, that's dishonest. I think it should be "okay" to admit you want to f*ck someone else just to be honest about it. So it's not so much the fact she says it about This or That stupid movie star that bothers me.

What bothers me is, if *I* say it, sometimes she gets pissy about it and tells me it's disrespectful, even though she does it too, and if I get annoyed I need to "grow up and get over it, it's just words".

Women, I notice, have a general stunning inability to recognize their own hypocrisy and double-standards. "How come YOU can say you wish you could f*ck so-and-so, but if *I* do that I'm an asshole?" Never got a good answer for that one, to be perfectly honest. She's not the only woman who plays that game, I notice, a lot of my friends' wives/girlfriends do it too. When they do it, it's "just jokes" or "wishful thinking that doesn't mean anything". If the guy says it, it's "OH, so you wish you could cheat on me?"

Anyway, we're fine, that sh*t was last night and she hasn't even brought it up today. I just get annoyed by her... well, her "General Female-Ness" with the double standards and the hypocrisy and whatnot. They don't ALL act like that or say the dumb sh*t she sometimes does, but... y e a h, a lot of them do and it just gets on my nerves.

But she woke up in a good mood so hopefully she stays that way.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:35 AM   #9319
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Women, I notice, have a general stunning inability to recognize their own hypocrisy and double-standards. "How come YOU can say you wish you could f*ck so-and-so, but if *I* do that I'm an asshole?" Never got a good answer for that one, to be perfectly honest. She's not the only woman who plays that game, I notice, a lot of my friends' wives/girlfriends do it too. When they do it, it's "just jokes" or "wishful thinking that doesn't mean anything". If the guy says it, it's "OH, so you wish you could cheat on me?"
Eh. In my experience, I've seen this behavior in men and women alike. It's this...insecurity they have, wherein they fear that their SO saying that they find someone else attractive automatically means they want jump in the sack with that person.

When I was 17 (and fresh out of a break-up), I and this guy had mutual crushes on each other. Not dating, but on the verge to do so. Well, we were talking about FF7, and he said he totally wanted to bang Aeris. I laughed, and said, "Yeah, man, I'd totally bang Aeris too" (mind you, he knew I was bi). Then he got angry at me, like fuming mad. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU'D BANG AERIS TOO? YOU STUPID F*CKING BITCH? WHAT, AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?" Needless to say, my crush on him ended right then and there. I've also seen this stuff happen in other relationships I've witnessed as well. Lots of weird 'cat and mouse' games between jealous men and women, usually both sides of one couple engaging in that sort of weird game of jealousy.

I think...a lot of people need to chill out, and not take stuff like this (saying "I find (whatever) hot, I'd bang 'em") seriously. I am so thankful my husband and I are able to just make jokes, and check out girls together without drama. It's like a God send. Like, we're not perfect, and we have problems (usually it's external like our parents' meddling), but at least we don't step on egg shells around each other. We aren't even very much alike personality-wise either, lol. But I am a weirdo, and before anyone is like, "Wow, Superstaff is such a cool girl, I wish my wife/girlfriend/sister/all women were like her!!!" (some have said this to my face... ), eh. I am a weirdo, and I have issues, and am a depressed loner. I'm not cool. I can be annoying, and troublesome. Just sayin'.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:05 AM   #9320
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Is that trial still on? lol Don't think I've seen more than a minute of it, maybe less. Why anyone gives two cents about their relationship is beyond me. Though wiling to bet those enjoying it also enjoy a lot of the trashy social/relationship type reality shows, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Didn't want to make a thread about it, but obviously the predictable "WHY CAN'T WE BAN ALL GUNS IMMEDIATELY!?!?! WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!" stuff going on again.
Well, the "something" part is obviously true, just wish people could figure out a reasonable what.

That kid sounds like he was one demented little MFer. Apparently one little girl survived by smearing her friend's blood all over herself and playing dead. She said when the guy was done shooting he started playing "sad music." WTF is that, like his post-scene sound track?? While it's better that's he's dead, I hate that shooters who are killed by police get away with not having to answer for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Then he got angry at me, like fuming mad. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU'D BANG AERIS TOO? YOU STUPID F*CKING BITCH? WHAT, AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?"
It genuinely feels weird that his response wasn't "Oh cool, threesome?" His hypocritical flip out has not aged well.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-27-2022 at 11:13 AM.