The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-17-2021, 11:51 AM   #1
Banned

Riot Season 2021

it’s like 2020 all over again. covid, racism, covid, racism, lockdowns, protests, lockdowns, riots. how can people still be so easily manipulated by the media? seriously, it’s like deja vu. the mainstream media fear mongering about covid, then when people start to realize covid is bs, bring on the race wars! it’s like they keep switching back and forth covid and racism. mainstream media narrative is extremely toxic to USA. most of the riots stopped for a while after the election, and the focus was covid again. now people are really tired of all the medical tyranny, so here we go again, black criminal gets shot by police and all hell breaks loose. this was a horrific week of blm and antifa terrorism. and if they let them get away with it last year, it will probably be worse this year.

prediction: now that riots are back in full force, the cdc or whatever tyrannical government agency will say covid cases are going up again cause of all the protests, and we need to lockdown again. f**k, when does this nightmare end? honestly i don’t see things ever going back to normal, unless something amazing happens and the corrupt government is overthrown. one can dream...
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Excuse me, they're called peaceful protests....unless its a right wing group doing. Then they're riots.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:50 PM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
the corrupt government is overthrown. one can dream...
Why are you talking about "corrupt government" over the actions being decided upon, committed to and put into action by our regular population?

This is a personal power issue.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #4
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
prediction: now that riots are back in full force, the cdc or whatever tyrannical government agency will say covid cases are going up again cause of all the protests, and we need to lockdown again. f**k, when does this nightmare end? honestly i don’t see things ever going back to normal, unless something amazing happens and the corrupt government is overthrown. one can dream...
I feel the same way, pal. It's a non-stop ride on a horrible rollercoaster. I want off already.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:20 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Excuse me, they're called peaceful protests....unless its a right wing group doing. Then they're riots.
Or an insurrection. One that justifies having the National Guard at the ready in DC and a newly-built wall around the Capitol, 'cause walls are a good thing now, I guess.

I call it the Anger Games. The sequels are Setting Fire and Mockingjoe.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Speaking of wall building... Biden has quietly been continuing construction of the border wall. He's even been buying up people's property to see it through.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:38 AM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Since DemRATS truly scared of losing power.
But as a story goes, the more they try to keep the more they sabotage their own efforts.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:43 AM   #8
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Speaking of wall building... Biden has quietly been continuing construction of the border wall. He's even been buying up people's property to see it through.
*stealing it* really...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:54 AM   #9
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Is he really?
Very interesting. I admit that I've failed to keep up fully with politics this year outside of what is directly in my face.

Last I checked, the border crossing was more populated than ever since Biden got into office, so I suppose he had to do something. Very interesting though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:13 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Is he really?
100%. Under the guise of "completing what funding was allocated for" despite saying over and over again all such would be shut down promptly.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pled...ry?id=76928099

So "no walls!" except when plugging holes in it? As in... the whole purpose of the wall to begin with?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
100%. Under the guise of "completing what funding was allocated for" despite saying over and over again all such would be shut down promptly.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pled...ry?id=76928099

So "no walls!" except when plugging holes in it? As in... the whole purpose of the wall to begin with?
The Democrats are disingenuous liars and their constituents are the easily-led, life-angry fools that in medieval England would've huddled around a feudal lord in small huts and been kept in check by a military presence.

Democrats position a border wall as "evil" during a Republican initiative in order to fire up their constituents in opposition. But during a Democrat-in-power period they quality go back to their agenda.

Republican agenda = security & order in logic.
Democrat agenda = oppression and power in logic.

Where are the forum mouth breathers now? Oh wait. They had no real position. They simply didn't like Donald Trump for personal psychology XYZ....

$#!tbag liars.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:42 AM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

They're all busy throwing parades because that cop got found Guilty of murder even though "murder" is a very specific term that in no way whatsoever applies to the situation he was found Guilty of. Anyone who's ever studied Criminal Justice can tell you that.

BUT... half the country would be on fire right now if any other verdict had been made, so... sacrifice One for the good of the Many, I guess, standards be damned.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:08 AM   #13
The Deadman
Foot Elite

There's people rioting in Ohio because of that one cop who had to shoot a child because she was getting ready to kill 2 other people. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #14
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The sequels are Setting Fire and Mockingjoe.
I just want you to know that I laughed out loud, very hard at this.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:41 AM   #15
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
There's people rioting in Ohio because of that one cop who had to shoot a child because she was getting ready to kill 2 other people. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.
Ah yeah, I heard about that. I looked it up and saw some more about it.

Gotta love the girl's Mom saying her daughter "promoted peace" despite being caught on camera about to stab someone. They're ALWAYS "peaceful" until they're not, huh?

Sh*t happens. My wife called the cops on her Dad once when he pulled a knife on me. She had video on her phone. We met the cops outside, showed them the video, they ran into the house with their guns out. Because that's what procedure dictates. Nobody got shot, because he'd stashed the knife under his mattress by the time they got in there, but they still dogpiled him on the ground and dragged him out in cuffs. If he'd still been waving the knife around? They probably would've popped him for sure. They were prepared to if they had to.

These stupid protestors in Ohio with their "Hands up! Don't Shoot!" nonsense. Watch the f*cking video; she didn't have "hands up", she was literally in the act of attempting to stab someone. And in that case, you pop 'em. Because when things escalate to that point, the life of the perpetrator has now become less valuable than that of the innocent victim. Not only is that "procedure", it's the right thing to do.

"She was a kid!" Jesus, cry me a goddamn river.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

It's crazy how divided we are on the political spectrum now. America feels comprised of two very different teams more than ever before, in my life at least.

Honestly, that's what I love about powerful art or entertainment becoming mainstream. Not just in America, but all over the world. It's a nice idea that despite all our differences, maybe we can all find noble values in the acts of a guy who dresses up as a Bat or a girl with a laser sword.

It's sort of silly from one perspective, but I think it's comforting that we have common ground somewhere and hopefully it can slowly help lead us to a similar place of understanding or common notions of right and wrong, in some small way.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

My understanding was she herself called the cops cause the two other girls jumped her. She pulled a knife to defend herself. If all that's true, her mistake was not dropping the knife the moment the cops showed up.

Though, why didn't the cops just tase her? She had a knife, not a gun. Did they forget tasers were a thing?

It's like the George Floyd cop. Why not just cuff the guy the traditional way? I never ever seen police place their knee on people's necks. They just pin them down and cuff em, drag em to the police car. Done.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:44 PM   #18
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They're all busy throwing parades because that cop got found Guilty of murder even though "murder" is a very specific term that in no way whatsoever applies to the situation he was found Guilty of. Anyone who's ever studied Criminal Justice can tell you that.

BUT... half the country would be on fire right now if any other verdict had been made, so... sacrifice One for the good of the Many, I guess, standards be damned.
That's right. Every mouth breather would jump your $#!( for being more intellectual or more informed than they are for saying what you said here. But that fool is guilty of manslaughter - and guilty of it he is. But not murder.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:45 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
My understanding was she herself called the cops cause the two other girls jumped her. She pulled a knife to defend herself. If all that's true, her mistake was not dropping the knife the moment the cops showed up.

Though, why didn't the cops just tase her? She had a knife, not a gun. Did they forget tasers were a thing?

It's like the George Floyd cop. Why not just cuff the guy the traditional way? I never ever seen police place their knee on people's necks. They just pin them down and cuff em, drag em to the police car. Done.
Tasers don't always immediately immobilize people. If she was high on something like PCP she might have been able to "shrug it off" long enough to still stab the other person. Bullets leave less room for error.

I've always been fuzzy on the whole Floyd thing, as I've heard at least one version of the story where they HAD him in the car but then they let him out for whatever reason, but still had to keep him immobilized. As for why they "had to" keep him immobilized, again, he was clearly intoxicated and that's what procedure demands in such situations, because you don't know what they're on and drunk/high people are incredibly dangerous.

In either case, if Stupid People hadn't done Stupid Sh*t, they'd still be alive. People can spin that however they f*cking choose, THOSE are the hard facts. If that girl hadn't had a knife in her hands and was standing on the other side of the street, she'd still be alive. If George f*cking Floyd had been home reading his kid a book instead of out getting high and starting sh*t, he'd still be alive. People love to create "victims" and cry "racism" out of situations that are nothing more, or less, than Stupid People Doing Stupid Sh*t and in turn suffering the consequences of their actions.

Nobody should be making excuses for these people, EVER. The life of the perp is the one of LEAST value in these situations and the safety of every single other person involved, cops included, is of infinitely more importance than that of some violent lunatic who's usually drunk or high. But like Deadman pointed out, if the cops in that one situation had handled it any differently at all, that girl might've stabbed someone and then it's like, what? F*cking "oops"? No, man, you act like an idiot then you reap what you f*cking sow.

I grew up with a town that was absolutely rife with crackheads and domestic violence incidents. And yes, most of those incidents involved minorities. It was rare that anyone ever actually got SHOT by the cops, but on the rare occasion it did happen nobody batted an eye. Not even the "peers" of whoever it was that had gotten shot. What they would say was, "That's their own dumb fault, shouldn'ta done that dumb sh*t."

We've completely abdicated Personal Responsibility as a society and created victims out of criminals, and it's disgusting. Back in my day, it was cut-and-dry: "Don't Be A F*cking Idiot". NOW, you can do whatever the f*ck you want, be a crackhead, be a junkie, be a violent knife-swinging lunatic, and if something bad happens to you they'll throw you a parade and build statues in your honor, all the while screaming about "accountability" and "defund the police". It's stupid. We want the cops to be "accountable" for their actions, but not the f*cking scumbags they have to protect us from, those people get a pass. "Logic".

F*ck these people. Should'a been inside reading a goddamn book. Problem solved.

Last edited by Leo656; 04-22-2021 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That's right. Every mouth breather would jump your $#!( for being more intellectual or more informed than they are. But that fool is guilty of manslaughter - and guilty of it he is. But not murder.
Yeah, like that's literally why the charge of "manslaughter" even exists. Cases like that one specifically. It's basically, "I didn't MEAN to kill him, but... oops." That's exactly what happened and that's exactly what "manslaughter" is.

"Murder" implies intent. Even second- or third-degree murder would suggest that the cop knelt on his neck purposely so that he WOULD die rather than just be restrained. In the case of third-degree it's a little bit murkier, because all that's necessary to fit that definition is "reckless disregard", but the term "murder" still implies intent.

And I - and a lot of people - have a VERY hard time believing that this cop - with a bunch of people watching and cameras on him and everything - MEANT to kill the guy by kneeling on him. I don't buy that at all.

Manslaughter would be applicable and acceptable. No problem there. Could've been more careful, and a guy died (who probably would have OD'ed anyway, but we're not supposed to dwell on that). So sure, charge and convict on manslaughter, the appropriate term. That's fine and fair.

The "murder" conviction was nothing more than serving the cop up as a "necessary sacrifice" so that a bunch of "progressive and well-meaning" people didn't "peacefully protest" a bunch of major cities into a smoking burnt-out husk. Any idiot could see it, and whether that was "necessary" or not, it still shows you exactly where we are right now. "We'd better convict this guy of a crime he technically isn't guilty of, or else."

But the cops are the Bad Guys. Jesus. I don't even particularly like cops, I just end up having to defend them because Obvious Bullsh*t Is Obvious and it gets on my goddamn nerves.